Kieransi

Blue spoiler article!

62 posts in this topic

Huh, deck searching.  Lukas said back at the Destiny preview event panel (pre-release party at FFG game center) that they weren't going to do those since shuffling a deck mid-game bogs things down.  They obviously changed their minds, haha.

That Ahsoka art is made to look even worse when it's next to the excellent rendition on Shoto Saber...

13/17 is legit though.

blackholexan likes this

33 minutes ago, dpb1298 said:

Too bad they made Vos a villain.

Oh well,

After reading Dark Disciple, I'm actually glad that they decided to make him a villain. This way you can actually pair him with Asajj or Dooku.

robguyday likes this

9 minutes ago, JonasBenz said:

KANAN JARRUS MY BOY.

HIS ABILITY, HIS COST, MI AMOR.

MOVE ASIDE REY, WE GOT A SPEEDY BOY THAT SHOOTS A GUN AND AAAGHGGHG

The unfortunate reality is that Rey won't be moving aside for any other low cost blue character until she's fixed.

That aside though, heroes are looking great with this new batch.

Kieransi and robguyday like this

4 minutes ago, RJM said:

The unfortunate reality is that Rey won't be moving aside for any other low cost blue character until she's fixed.

That aside though, heroes are looking great with this new batch.

Just take both... eKanan/Rey/Padawan

Kieransi likes this

Happy that the Grand Inquisitor showed up in this set! I always thought he was a much better villain than Maul, so I'm glad he's the other legendary. 

Whether he actually stands a chance is another matter... with a dice only slightly better than Vader (SoR), and two points more expensive (albeit with one more health), I just don't see an Inquisitor deck beating Kylo/Vader. 

Posted (edited)

I am actually seeing Ahsoka take over Qui-gons spot, though you may even see 2 dice quigon 1 dice ahsoka since her ability triggers off of the number of dice you roll in with her having her at 1 dice is actually really solid. Kanan, I am not sure what to think about him. I actually dont know if I think he is going to see play. Like Obi-wan/Rey, or Luke/Rey or now you could throw Kanan in there instead but... why? I dont see much of a point to do so in all honesty Rey is just more efficient. The only reason I could see doing so is if you wanted to be able to use his focus side, he has just as many sides as rey does that can activate melee modifiers  1 the only difference is the other side doesnt require a base melee side to resolve. Sure he doesnt have a mostly useless +1 resource side, but 1 disrupt really isnt THAT much more useful for blue hero ultimately I just dont see Kanan getting to see play.

As far as the inquisitor goes Honestly I feel bad for any one that wants to make him work. First I think at 1 Die he is still alright, however I dont really see what 15 or 16 point character you really pair him with at 1 dice, but at 2 dice the best pairing looks to be 1 die Seventh Sister which is also a legendary other then that 11 point characters seem odd with maybe Dooku or Kylo kind of being the best bets beyond that he just seems in a really weird price point.

Edit: beyond the characters I honestly dont really like any of the other stuff shown for blue hero right now either. At peace just seems to play into the Villains Blank game, Lightsaber Pull is the first card that screams problem design to me, I LIKED that games were bogged down with search cards and that made characters and abilities that DRAW cards actually worth having, now it just screams even more "we dont want anyone to actually use Luke Skywalker or Journals of Ben" and it isnt even hero neither are the Shoto sabers in addition to kind of just being straight worse then vibroknives in both it's die Side and its ability. Ultimately I just dont see blue Hero even changing a single card in their deck right now. 

Edit 2: I can not be the only one that is bothered by the fact that when they talk about the Hero cards and the new synergies that only 2 of the cards they reveal in the hero section are actually hero cards and not just neutral while ALL of the cards they reveal in the Villain section are actually villain cards, my only thought is "how bad did you make the hero cards that they arent even worth talking about or that its better to talk about the neutral cards for hero then it is to talk about the actual hero cards"

Edited by tunewalker

Posted (edited)

Happy to see Asokha costed at 17...  as opposed to 20.  Though a 15 pointer would've been better (although she does look powerful enough to warrant 17).

Happy to see a 13 point hero character who might actually stand up in a fight*.

*Well... sorta.  Hardly an FN-2199, but a 2 damage side, a focus side and his ability make him at least worth considering.

Got excited about Training remote, thought it'd be a Hero "lure of power" but a bit cheaper (which frankly, heroes deserve SOMETHING cheaper than villains for a change)... This turned to confusion when I read it's text properly.

Training Remote: it's text reads:

You may resolve the modifier sides of this die to modify any symbol on one of your blue character dice. 

So, am I to interpret this as an upgrade  support which allows you to resolve only one character dice (plus the modifier from training remote)?  I've had a long day so I may not be thinking clearly, but that suddenly doesn't seem as good.  Not necessarily unplayable, but not as good.

edit - I didn't realise it was a support either.  I'm really bloody tired today.

Oh and a final thought... grand inquistor: Comparable dice to Obi-Wan (a 2 melee better than a 1 melee, but offset by having to pay for his 3 side), arguably a better ability in the form of his special(both are situational, the inquisitors special may as well be a blank in some instances, but then if Obi Wan is the last man standing then his ability is worthless), better health, one point cheaper...   Discuss.

Edited by Stu35

Modifier sides always modify one die.  You can resolve your dice normally.

That said, it is a support rather than an upgrade and can only key off your Blue character dice instead of any base die.  So yeah, it is a weaker card all around.

Stu35 likes this

18 minutes ago, Nitratas said:

Not excited about this set so far at all. Will have to see how it turns out on the actual table

What are you hoping for?

I thought I'd be playing the Emo Kids for some time. Now with Quinlan Vos pairing so perfectly with Asajj Ventress, I'm going to be really experimenting with a new mono blue. Vos is such an interesting Jedi, and I can't wait to see how those two do for me.

Also I'd like to mention that I feel meh on the legendary characters (K-2SO notwithstanding), but I'm psyched for Hera and Kanan.

And every blue card worth getting excited about it... you guessed it... LEGENDARY! 

Remember that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where Star Lord didn't know how the hand/finger machine worked?  That's how I'm feeling right now about this new set....

So, it seems that, unless Boba Fett is a rare, he will probably not be in the set.  If they release him as a rare, kudos to FFG for the non-money grab.

Well, dear old daddy Jango was only rare, and he dominated the meta for the first set. Hopefully, if Boba is rare, he'll have a more lasting impact.

2 hours ago, Traxlenak said:

So, it seems that, unless Boba Fett is a rare, he will probably not be in the set.  If they release him as a rare, kudos to FFG for the non-money grab.

Why could he not be a Legendary?  FFG has shown that they have no problems with 2 legendary characters per side and per color this set.

16 minutes ago, Stone37 said:

Why could he not be a Legendary?  FFG has shown that they have no problems with 2 legendary characters per side and per color this set.

Exactly, nothing prevent them from doing the same thing with Yellow. We know that the hird yellow hero character is Lando and I could easily see him being Legendary.

Stone37 likes this

Don't forget we already have a spoiled Upgrade that has you roll in Supports at the same time you activate a character. Training Remote synergizes well with it. 

HoodieDM likes this