Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wraithist

Only $100 of Crossbowmans Needed for this List

Recommended Posts

I think Hawthorne and the Rune Golem can act as blockers for the xbow units, while the 4 wide unit of cavalry sets off as quickly as possible to line up a charge against their biggest unit. Use the xbowmans to finish off anything tied up by Golem and Hawthorne, then when the cavalry dies, I'm sure they will have taken out enough Latari/Waiqar/EvilDaqan in order to make it a turkey shoot for the xbowmans. Probably send Hawthorne against the enemy's fastest unit so it can't tie up the big block of xbowmans.

What do you lot think?

List Name: 
HotCrossBows

Faction: Daqan      Points: 199/200

 

Name Cost
 
Lord Hawthorne  
Number of Trays: 1 34
UpgradeIconSm1.png  Reaping Blade 4
UpgradeIconSm8.png  Might of Daqan 4
Total Cost of Unit and Upgrades =  42
 
Heavy Crossbowmen  
Number of Trays: 6 48
UpgradeIconSm2.png  Greyhaven Channeler 6
UpgradeIconSm3.png  Wind Rune 6
Total Cost of Unit and Upgrades =  60
 
Heavy Crossbowmen  
Number of Trays: 3 27
UpgradeIconSm3.png  Wind Rune 6
UpgradeIconSm6.png  Rallying Cornicen 4
Total Cost of Unit and Upgrades =  37
 
Oathsworn Cavalry  
Number of Trays: 4 34
UpgradeIconSm3.png  Tempered Steel 3
UpgradeIconSm5.png  Raven Tabards 2
UpgradeIconSm7.png  Rank Discipline 4
Total Cost of Unit and Upgrades =  43
 
Rune Golems  
Number of Trays: 1 17
Total Cost of Unit and Upgrades =  17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters, I think you'd be really well served finding two points to upgrade Hawthorne's Reaping Blade to a Shield of Margath. The Blade pretty seriously ups his damage against hard targets, but the Shield totally changes his game. Against a lot of targets, attacking him becomes a bad idea, so he tarpits and blocks like mad. 

I'd be interested to hear how the Wind Runes treat you! If they can help stay within range 3 for the mortal wound trigger would be real neat. Ranked Discipline on the 3x1 Crossbows would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you might find that the Heavy Crossbowmen are lacking damage output.   A six tray unit with your upgrades averages less than two hits on an attack, including the reroll.  They seem to be more suited for sniping high armor targets, or, most likely, as a distraction unit and objective grabber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Click5 said:

I think you might find that the Heavy Crossbowmen are lacking damage output.   A six tray unit with your upgrades averages less than two hits on an attack, including the reroll.  They seem to be more suited for sniping high armor targets, or, most likely, as a distraction unit and objective grabber

Interesting comment. Their Red+Blue is on par with Reanimate Archers and Spearmen. To push a lot of damage with Crossbowmen, they really want Tempered Steel due to their free Surge modifier. But wind rune may allow them to stay alive longer, and a unit in play always does more damage than a destroyed one.

Edited by Contrapulator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

For starters, I think you'd be really well served finding two points to upgrade Hawthorne's Reaping Blade to a Shield of Margath. The Blade pretty seriously ups his damage against hard targets, but the Shield totally changes his game. Against a lot of targets, attacking him becomes a bad idea, so he tarpits and blocks like mad. 

I'd be interested to hear how the Wind Runes treat you! If they can help stay within range 3 for the mortal wound trigger would be real neat. Ranked Discipline on the 3x1 Crossbows would be nice.

I like this. I usually lean towards Reaping Blade for the cheap damage output, but if Hawthorne's armor is at 5, then that's a huge gamble trying to attack him. 

Totally worth the 2 xtra points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Click5 said:

I think you might find that the Heavy Crossbowmen are lacking damage output.   A six tray unit with your upgrades averages less than two hits on an attack, including the reroll.  They seem to be more suited for sniping high armor targets, or, most likely, as a distraction unit and objective grabber

That's what the big unit of Cav is for! Use Hawthorne to make them a 4 wide and between him and the Cav, that's a massive amount of damage output. Especially if I use Shield of Margath instead of Reaping Blade on Hawthorne like @Bhelliom said.

 

17 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

Interesting comment. Their Red+Blue is on par with Reanimate Archers and Spearmen. To push a lot of damage with Crossbowmen, they really want Tempered Steel due to their free Surge modifier. But wind rune may allow them to stay alive longer, and a unit in play always does more damage than a destroyed one.

I agree. I really like your list where you had the three separate units of xbowmans but I don't know if I could fit them into this list... Hard choice between Tempered Steel and Wind Rune. I've found that Wind Rune can really cause havoc with the enemy's plans if you work around small terrain to make charges hard or impossible, while shelling out damage AND moving each turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops sorry, the list i was looking at was the one right under this thread made by @Glucose98 

Lots of blockers and 3 units of 3x1 Xbowmans.

23 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

Interesting comment. Their Red+Blue is on par with Reanimate Archers and Spearmen. To push a lot of damage with Crossbowmen, they really want Tempered Steel due to their free Surge modifier. But wind rune may allow them to stay alive longer, and a unit in play always does more damage than a destroyed one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...