RufusDaMan

Linked Batteries speculation

Thinking it's this:

"When you perform a primary or [cannon] secondary attack, you may reload."

That's not bad,but I'm hoping it's something more along the lines of your guess.  My interpretation would mean you would want to take missiles and torps, but you're taking the title that focuses on cannons.

3 minutes ago, Nhoj4 said:

Thinking it's this:

That's not bad,but I'm hoping it's something more along the lines of your guess.  My interpretation would mean you would want to take missiles and torps, but you're taking the title that focuses on cannons.

I kind of like this idea because of the way it synergises with Vynder. Plus it would also be worth a pick-up on the B-Wing. It might even be the thing to help bring some of the hitherto largely unseen B-Wing uniques back into the game.

Keyan with Links + Plasma's for 2pts less than his usual HLC, or a Nera Dantels able to spam multiple protons for instance. It's not like the B-Wing doesn't need something right now is it?

I agree that's probably the general gist of it (as I said in another thread yesterday), but given the relative spacing I think it's :

Small ship only. 

When attacking with

a primary weapon or

[cannon] secondary weapon you

may reroll X attack dice. 

(with X being 1 or 2, depending on cost) 

2 minutes ago, Nhoj4 said:

Thinking it's this:

I don't think reload is very fitting. Why would that be connected to your cannons? It doesn't make much sense gameplay wise either. You take the cannon title, which means you will take a 2 point cannon to use it, and then linked batteries. No more cannon slots, so you buy cruise missiles and advanced slam.

So it means you can shoot your missiles, then slam and reload with advanced slam (since weapons disabled falls down the same time, you can stack them), then you can still attack with your cannon, but you are already reloaded?

I guess taking this upgrade would allow you to not take advanced slam, and use GC? Sounds pretty bad.

(unless the ept allows you to attack with your primaries while attacking with torps and missiles)

It's unlikely to be reload because the wording would be "you may perform a free reload action" and the text we can see says "may re...".

Depending on the cost it might have broader use on other cannon ships (B-Wings,  etc).

Edit: Not firesprays, d'oh!

Edited by Vandenberg

1 minute ago, Vandenberg said:

Depending on the cost it might have broader use on other cannon ships (B-Wings, Firesprays, etc).

Agree, would be great for B-Wings, but not Firesprays (Small Ship only!) 

22 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

This is what I could gather. I'm not a 100% happy about it, but I think this is pretty close. The number of dice and cost is complete speculation. Linked-Batteries-Front-Face.jpg.cb1dd2246c515a3b8d02288ab98820b2.jpg

It should be something like this, yes.  I think it will likely be reroll 1 dice, and cost 2pts.  It's in place of Fire Control System.

What it means is the Slammin' Cannon' Starwing can SLAM to turn around, Adv SLAM to Focus, then reroll with Linked Batteries.

Edited by Stay On The Leader

Just now, Vandenberg said:

It's unlikely to be reload because the wording would be "you may perform a free reload action" and the text we can see says "may re...".

Depending on the cost it might have broader use on other cannon ships (B-Wings, Firesprays, etc).

My thought on that was that the verb "Reload" might be the non-action specific for the Reload action. Similar to how "Aqcuire a Target Lock" or "Acquire a Focus Token" works for those respective actions.

So you could SLAMM, Adv.SLAMM a TL, PTL a Focus (although I can't imagine why you'd give Vynder PTL over VI but for arguments sake) and when you ping your target with Jam/Tractors/Flechettes you can still reload even through the stress.

Or more likely still reload after doing a K-Turn.

It's Small Ship Only, so no Firesprays, no Aggressors, no YV-666, no lambda shuttles, etc.
It's a cannon, so at this moment it would only benefit the Gunboat's other cannon, or the primaries of B-wings, titleless TIE Defenders, Heavy Scyks that attack with primaries (?), ... what else?

Titleless defenders are weird, and so are heavy scyks that equip a non-damaging cannon. So B-wings. But B-wings already have Fire control system for rerolls, don't they?

2 minutes ago, ABXY said:

Could bring untitled Defenders into the mix too...? 

I doubt it, the main problem untitled Defenders have is that they cost a goddamn arm and a leg. Adding more points to them doesn't help that. That -2 point discount the X7 was easily half the reason why they were so popular over the TIE-D title. The other half being ridiculous evade token access.

4 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I think it will likely be reroll 1 dice, and cost 2pts.  It's in place of Fire Control System. 

This is exactly my hope.

3 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

So B-wings. But B-wings already have Fire control system for rerolls, don't they?

Adv Sensor B-Wings, so they can pre- move BR for greater manoeuvrability/unpredictability (or just getting clear of large bases prior to a 2-K) OR grab a focus before a red move AND still have a reroll courtesy of this cannon. 

14 minutes ago, Vandenberg said:

Depending on the cost it might have broader use on other cannon ships (B-Wings,  etc).

Edit: Not firesprays, d'oh!

Not if it's not intended to be an action...

And yeah, Firesprays (and probably IGGies as well) really need to be able to equip Small Ship Only upgrades.  Poor Firesprays.

10 minutes ago, Ladrillito said:

Thinking this might be close. I believe the spacing suggests the words "up to" to be there, so leaning towards more than 1 die reroll.

The spacing could also account for word 'attack' ahead of die/dice. As when text refers to attacking or defending alone, they usually stipulate attack/defence dice respectively. 

But, your observation regarding "up to" and the extra space it requires has me more inclined to think it provides only a single die (since, for more, it would require enough space for "reroll up to 2 attack dice") 

5 minutes ago, ABXY said:

The spacing could also account for word 'attack' ahead of die/dice. As when text refers to attacking or defending alone, they usually stipulate attack/defence dice respectively. 

But, your observation regarding "up to" and the extra space it requires has me more inclined to think it provides only a single die (since, for more, it would require enough space for "reroll up to 2 attack dice") 

Totally true! :)

linked.jpg

1 minute ago, Ladrillito said:

linked.jpg

Now if we assume this to be the correct version... it ain't that great. You can only use it with the cannon title Gunboat, but then you can only use the 2 points cannons, so you will have to rely on your missiles and reload action anyway for doing damage.

:/ Not that impressed. Looks like a trap card. For 2 points getting a simple re-roll on a **** weapon is not a great deal.

Seems like the missile title for me

So, now we move on to the Jamming Beam!!! 

Attack: Attack 1 ship

If this attack hits

assign the defender 

1 jam token then 

cancel all dice results. 

:)

- - - 

Oops, just re-looked at the topic title... 

... seems I fired the deRailgun

Edited by ABXY