Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Battlefleet 01 Studios

Stands for Cheap

13 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

For play. Like the ones FFG provides.

For tournaments, I don't think you can, as all that stuff must be 100% FFG (at least higher up, I know you can use Mel's Miniature models in store championships, so long as the base, cards, and cardboard are all FFG). Casually, you'd have to look at 3rd party producers like Mel's. There's no official place to get them.

depending on what size you need,  you might be a be to get some for cheap from upgrade sellers on eBay. For example, you can get the three expansions of the core set for chap because nobody wants a 3rd Victory Star Destroyer. 

35 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

depending on what size you need,  you might be a be to get some for cheap from upgrade sellers on eBay. For example, you can get the three expansions of the core set for chap because nobody wants a 3rd Victory Star Destroyer. 

Hmmmmmmmm, I'm considering a 4th. . . :D

Norell likes this

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Hmmmmmmmm, I'm considering a 4th. . . :D

I already have five. And this is after giving some to my best friends son to get him started in the game.

I mean , arsehole question here... but if they are for play, why not just use the bases that arrive with the expansions you are presumably replacing the models with custom ones for? Because you will still need base plates and ship tokens and such.

if it is for absolutely custom designs and builds? Then you are already custom and ad hoc ing everything else, why not a base, too?  😀

22 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I mean , arsehole question here... but if they are for play, why not just use the bases that arrive with the expansions you are presumably replacing the models with custom ones for? Because you will still need base plates and ship tokens and such.

if it is for absolutely custom designs and builds? Then you are already custom and ad hoc ing everything else, why not a base, too?  😀

I was thinking of getting some 3D printed Clone Wars era ships, and I don't have a lot for armada. Especially since everything I would be getting has a medium or larger base and I only have 2 medium and 2 large bases.