Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hepitude

Who would win in a fight?

12 posts in this topic

If 200 points of Runewars went up against however many points (800?) makes up a full side of Legion who do you think would win?

Pretty sure Maro could win in a fight VS Vader.

Ardus probably not. Even if his axes were "magic" and could stop a lightsaber, and despite Ardus having centuries of combat experience over Vader, aside from ceaseless vigor I imagine Vader is capable of more physical feats and Ardus doesn't have any magic beyond that to my knowledge.

Maro though flies around on a wave of animated bone and bound souls, capable of wielding that magic to melt the flesh of his foes from range. He also can wield a magic sword to block a lightsaber.

So Terrinoth magic > Force and Technology available to Legion. (Orbital bombardments probably trump any feat of destructive magic in Terrinoth.)

But Everything Else In Legion > Runewars armor/weapons to the rank and file. 

Speeder bikes would be better than a horse, blasters better than a crossbow, and so on.

Armor might actually be tricky though. Supposedly Stormtrooper armor is good at dissipating energy shots, but not getting run through with a spear. Depends on how well full plate blocks blaster bolts.

1 hour ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Armor might actually be tricky though. Supposedly Stormtrooper armor is good at dissipating energy shots, but not getting run through with a spear. Depends on how well full plate blocks blaster bolts.

Stormtroopers got trounced by a bunch of Ewoks with sticks and stones. 

Budgernaut, Xargonaut and Ywingscum like this

2 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Stormtroopers got trounced by a bunch of Ewoks with sticks and stones. 

Yeah, exactly my point. Seems modern armor is built around stopping blaster weapons and not medieval weapons. So Daqann spearmen might have a chance, if they can close without being blasted to death by lasers going pewpewpew.

54 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Yeah, exactly my point. Seems modern armor is built around stopping blaster weapons and not medieval weapons. So Daqann spearmen might have a chance, if they can close without being blasted to death by lasers going pewpewpew.

Are we taking into account a typical storm trooper's aiming capability?

Stormtrooper armour has never stopped anything.  The armour seems completely useless.  No stormtrooper has ever hit the side of a barn, and the emperor best legion got beat by teddy bears.  Pretty sure any Runewars army would mop the floor with them.

12 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Stormtrooper armour has never stopped anything.  The armour seems completely useless.  No stormtrooper has ever hit the side of a barn, and the emperor best legion got beat by teddy bears.  Pretty sure any Runewars army would mop the floor with them.

Which is funny, they're supposed to be the 'marines' of the Imperial Army.  The highly trained ones?  Movies really made them look bad.

The Empire did nothing wrong!

Ywingscum likes this

2 hours ago, Glucose98 said:

Which is funny, they're supposed to be the 'marines' of the Imperial Army.  The highly trained ones?  Movies really made them look bad.

The Empire did nothing wrong!

Yeah, the books make people terrified of the Stormtroopers. You have to use large rifles and souped up heavy blasters to get past their armor. They are accurate, they are well trained and brutal.

But they're the elite. The rank and file soldiers in the Empire aren't stormtroopers in the novels.

Remember, Runewars troops won't have the Force constantly protecting them as it plays puppetmaster to the poor mortals who are at its mercy. #DarthTrayawasrighttheForceisamonster

I've always wondered what the armor ever did.  I mean, you never even see a wounded stormtrooper except once in TFA.  Every other time they take a shot from anything in the torso and they're down for good.  

Unless of course the empire has just trained them in the ways of the possum.