Sign in to follow this  
RufusDaMan

Satu...rated S.....alvo?

It probably is, but something tells me its something along the line of firing a missile and torpedoe (not 2 missiles or 2 torpedoes to limit the ships that can use it) "and" that you need the condition to still be met to fire the 2nd missile.  So if you fire a cruise missile then you need to maintain your target lock to fire the proton torpedo.

That's just my gut feeling.

Something else that just occured to me, I took for granted that this would allow a ship to fire more than one torpedo or missile, but this does come, amongst other things, with the gunboat, a ship that can be upgrade to have more than one cannon.  Could it also allow a ship to fire with more than one cannon?

Maybe with something along that line that you cannot fire again to prevent a combination with IG-88B (but open up other IGs).

Saturation Salvo seems the most likely to me.

My best guess would be 'make a primary weapon attack then make a missile or torp attack, then at the start of next round, must reload' or something.

I really hope it's not primary-then-missile-or-torp though because that's the fix I really want to see for the Punisher and they don't have EPT slots :(

It's an elite, comes with both the Gunboat and the Killergodzilla.

After you.....

A [torpedo]...

that....

Range....

an....

squad...

Upgrade...

the....

I'm with @That Blasted Samophlange - After you perform an attack with a torpedo or missile (that hits?), pick another ship and have it fling another ordnance upgrade into the fray for......extra bonus fun (to be defined). 

squad only ever appears in rules text in conjunction with cost (TIE/x1, Chaardan Refit), so presumably it's a restriction on either the ship you can select or (more likely) the cost of the upgrade card you can throw in (so if you're getting extra damage from an advanced proton torpedo, you can't do it by throwing a 1 point thread tracer into the shot!)

Edited by Magnus Grendel

10 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

After you.....

A [torpedo]...

shot....

I'm reading "shot" on the 3rd line, not "that", but I dont remember any card wording that uses the word shot. Any suggestions?

Guessing that after you perform a torpedo or missile upgrade another ship at range 1-2 of you may discard a torpedo or missile of same or greater cost to add 1-2 damage to the original target.

With Reload and OS-1 this could really pack a punch.  Load up with Concussion missiles and EM and just burn them off then reload.

14 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

After you.....

A [torpedo]...

that....

Range....

an....

squad...

Upgrade...

the....

I'm with @That Blasted Samophlange - After you perform an attack with a torpedo or missile (that hits?), pick another ship and have it fling another ordnance upgrade into the fray for......extra bonus fun (to be defined). 

squad only ever appears in rules text in conjunction with cost (TIE/x1, Chaardan Refit), so presumably it's a restriction on either the ship you can select or (more likely) the cost of the upgrade card you can throw in (so if you're getting extra damage from an advanced proton torpedo, you can't do it by throwing a 1 point thread tracer into the shot!)

Squad also appears in the context o other ships in your squad on Jabba.

Looking at it in more details I'm betting it's basically allowing other ships in your squad to discard their ownmissiles/torps after you hit with an attack using your own, for one damage per upgrade discarded, but I can't make the wording fit.

9 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

'shot' is never used in x-wing though.  I don't think that could be the wording.

Yeah, they usually use attack, so what the hockey sticks is that word then? That. It's a That.

Hmmm...

I'm thinking it's something that only works with Torps of a certain cost, if they're low enough? Maybe you don't discard them after use? But why would that be an EPT?

While I maintain belief that it will let multiple ships fire ordnance, mainly because of the whole "bring on the alpha strike.." tagline and the idea of a Saturation Salvo, it may not say "shot". It could just be a very blurry "that".  

I also believe that it will work with missile and torpedo.

The word after "that" would possibly be "deals"

On 22/8/2017 at 5:56 PM, ObiWonka said:

Hopefully not something that lets you fire multiple ordnance at once. Because godde knows we need more alpha strikes that can wipe a ship off the board round 1 of combat before it can shoot. :rolleyes:

Jeez you must fly really bad if you let this happens to you :-/