Jump to content
GrandAdmiralCrunch

Wishlist - Veterans of the Clone Wars

Recommended Posts

Seeing how X-Wing finally got their Assault Gunboat after asking for such a long time, I thought We should start over here.

There is already a lot of talk of the SSD, Thrawn, MC-75 with Raddus, Dreadnought/Assault Frigate Mark I, Finalizer, and various other Legends ships. If someone wants to start dedicated request topics for them, be my guest.

here is the Clone Wars ship request list. 

I think the Empire should get the bulk of the former Republic ships. They share sharp triangular hull sections. The CR-20, and Combat Consular also share a layout similar to the Arquitens.

Imperial (In uniform grey of course):

CR-20 Troop Carrier (Flotilla)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR-20_troop_carrier

Consular Class Cruiser-Combat Refit (Small)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Consular-class_cruiser_(Charger_c70_retrofit)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_light_assault_cruiser

Stealth Ship {Carrion Spike} (Small)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carrion_Spike

Acclamator Class Assault Ship (Medium)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Acclamator-class_assault_ship

Venator Class Star Destroyer (Large)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator-class_Star_Destroyer

 

 

The Seperatist shared a similar organic design to the Rebellion. I also think that the varied designs help give the Rebels a rag-tag aesthetic.

Rebel:

Hardcell Class Interstellar Transport (Small)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hardcell-class_interstellar_transport/Legends

Diamond Class Cruiser (Small)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond-class_cruiser

Munificent Class Star Frigate (Medium)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Munificent-class_star_frigate/Legends

Recuscant Class Light Destroyer (Medium)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Recusant-class_light_destroyer

Providence Class Carrier/Destroyer (Large)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Providence-class_carrier/destroyer

Lucrehulk Class Battleship/DCS (Epic)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_battleship

 

The Lucrehulk would only be added if we get Epic play. I hope it does.

If anyone has other ships they would like to see, please share.

Fighters... fighters are a different matter. I'm not sure I want to get into that can of worms. 

 

(Edit: Trying to insert pictures of each but having formatting issues / Forget it, just posting links)

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea. I kind of shows that for a galaxy spanning empire no ship would be considered too old. And for the rebels, beggars can't be choosers. I mean the galaxy is a big place you don't throw out perfectly sevicable ships untill the latest and greatest can replace them. Which would take a long time on a galactic scale. Definitely longer than 30 years.

Edited by Noosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I would love to see those ships in Armada but in the hands of their original factions. Could be an opportunity to expand the game with new strategies and objectives.

I'm not against that idea, but FFG seems focused on keeping everything in the Civil War and beyond era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrobaFett said:

I love the clone wars.... but....

 

 

Why not? We already saw Imperial Venators at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Arquitens are already in the game. The Gozanti was first seen in Episode 1. The Rebels have the Pelta. 

There is no reason not to have other ships of the era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly just reacted like a child and when I read the title, and it reminded me of the scene above. That was, quite literally, just an actors portrayal of me reacting to the title of the thread. Not even the content. Just the title.

I can see some of the Republic ships making it because of logic. But I see no Droid ships in Episode 4, 5 or 6. I know some got retconned in, and there is that photo Dras likes to show of the Rebel Providence class, but the aesthetic is just off on them for this game. I would much rather see them mine the upcoming early empire era side movies for more ships than haul some Droid ship from the dustbin.

Course, that is 100% opinion as well. If they come out, it's not like I won't buy two of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting to see the Venator (since it featured in all grey at the end of Episode III), and I can see a situation where we have a Rebel retrofit of another ship (like the ARC-170 in X-wing). But technically we already have a refit with the Pelta, since it was referenced in Rebels, and I struggle to see them bringing in more stuff unless it's directly used in things like the cartoon series, the novels or the comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I can see all of these having a fair shake at becoming usable ships.  The Acclamator and Venator have the wedge/triangle design that the Imperials have used so far.

I'm not as familiar with the Muificent, Recuscant, and Providence, but the look of them and design does have a rebel feel.

I'm a big proponent of a third faction showing up that is more of an opportunistic faction or "Separatist Holdouts"  Something that has the ability to do skirmishes with Imperial Fleets similar to the Rebels.  I mean, from what I've seen in Return of the Jedi, the Rebellion didn't have that many ships anyway there's a good possibility that there's someone else out there with at least that level of firepower who would want to capitalize on the Galactic Civil War.  Heck, isn't that what happened with Germany in World War 1?

As for old tech, need I remind people that A-10s and F-16s have been around since the 1970s.  They are still running and the government is still putting out new changes and upgrades to them.  I can easily see old weapons used for a long time.

Edited by ricefrisbeetreats
F-16, not F1-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Clone Wars Core Set could work quite well as they'd be able to share a lot of the models to build one of the factions quite quickly.

A new Core Set with a Venator for the Republic (with Imperial cards/tokens as well) and a couple of small ships for the Separatists, along with some Episode 1 droid fighters and maybe ARC-170s for the Republic. Then also include Republic cards and tokens for the Arquitens and Pelta (one each is fair?), maybe the CR90. And possibly some of the squadrons for either side. Or just a single expansion pack; something like the Most Wanted pack X-Wing got, a new model or two, but with added cardboard.

That still leaves the Separatists a bit short, though. They'd need a couple more ships in a quick wave, maybe along with some Republic-only ships.

We could end up with odd in-universe things like Republic v Empire, but that's no crazier than Empire v Empire and Rebel v Rebel.

The downside would be that the new Core Set would have to be as expensive as the current one - no option for a "cardboard" or "build-your-own" Core Set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veterans of the Clone Wars Essential Packs

 

Imperials:

Acclamator (Medium), CR-20 (Flotilla), 2 Stands of Alpha-3 Nimbus V-Wings, 2 Stands of Eta-2 Actis Interceptors, All the cards, Dials, Dice, and Tools needed to play. $50

 

 

Rebels:

Munificent (Medium), Hardcell (Small), 2 Stands Arc-170s, 2 stands Vulture Droids, All the cards, Dials, Dice, and Tools needed to play. $50

 

 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see both sides on this. For the naysayers, how dose one balance these ships against their newer replacements ( sw timeline ) without displacing exiting ships(meta)? Upgrades, different speeds, change in dice makeup? All tough questions to address.

For the yays, thier in the movies,(maybe not our favorite movies, but non the less in the movies). The era of combat isn't as important as having the fleet I want, regardless of who I play; ie if it's balanced it will still be fun. Or it would still be cool using the same core rules just no era swapping....

Gah I'm losing my train of thought here, but hopefully I got the message across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Veterans of the Clone Wars Essential Packs

 

Imperials:

Acclamator (Medium), CR-20 (Flotilla), 2 Stands of Alpha-3 Nimbus V-Wings, 2 Stands of Eta-2 Actis Interceptors, All the cards, Dials, Dice, and Tools needed to play. $50

 

 

Rebels:

Munificent (Medium), Hardcell (Small), 2 Stands Arc-170s, 2 stands Vulture Droids, All the cards, Dials, Dice, and Tools needed to play. $50

 

 

I like this idea. But unfortunately I think you're on the cheap side for a starter kit. Not saying that's a bad thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noosh said:

I can see both sides on this. For the naysayers, how dose one balance these ships against their newer replacements ( sw timeline ) without displacing exiting ships(meta)? Upgrades, different speeds, change in dice makeup? All tough questions to address.

For the yays, thier in the movies,(maybe not our favorite movies, but non the less in the movies). The era of combat isn't as important as having the fleet I want, regardless of who I play; ie if it's balanced it will still be fun. Or it would still be cool using the same core rules just no era swapping....

Gah I'm losing my train of thought here, but hopefully I got the message across.

They should be less capable, but also cheaper. They should throw fewer dice, have weaker hulls and shields, and cost less than their newer counterparts. Throw in a few unique or underutilized upgrades, and voila - you are on your way to having some cool new ships in your line up. 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noosh said:

I like this idea. But unfortunately I think you're on the cheap side for a starter kit. Not saying that's a bad thing!

Probably, but it would be a good way to hook more players. 

The first taste is cheap. Now that your appetite has been whetted, come explore our  line of other ships like the ISD and MC80s. Don't forget to get a core set for more goodies. >:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Probably, but it would be a good way to hook more players. 

The first taste is cheap. Now that your appetite has been whetted, come explore our  line of other ships like the ISD and MC80s. Don't forget to get a core set for more goodies. >:)

I feel I've heard this sales tactic before......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Who gets what though? Would most of the droid fighters still work after the shut down code was sent out?

It would be easy enough for die-hard separatists to reprogram existing droids after the shutdown or even start from scratch. One of the great loop holes in order 66 is that the CIS army and navy was still manned to a certain extent. Reprogramming secret factories salvaging ships etc would be possible and always what I envisioned the empire being busy few in the first few years post purge and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really sick of FFG not acknowledging the prequels. I can understand that Episode I and II were bad, but III was pretty good and The Clone Wars series was fantastic. Disney is even beginning to come around to them. It feels hypocritical to me that they would acknowledge the sequels but not the prequels, because in my opinion Episode VII wasn't anything too original or fantastic.

Regardless. The prequels happened. The Clone Wars was good. A lot of people want these factions and ships. If FFG refuses to give them to us they are just losing money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I'm really sick of FFG not acknowledging the prequels. I can understand that Episode I and II were bad, but III was pretty good and The Clone Wars series was fantastic. Disney is even beginning to come around to them. It feels hypocritical to me that they would acknowledge the sequels but not the prequels, because in my opinion Episode VII wasn't anything too original or fantastic.

Regardless. The prequels happened. The Clone Wars was good. A lot of people want these factions and ships. If FFG refuses to give them to us they are just losing money. 

I agree that 1 and 2 aren't good, but will admit there are things in them that I do like, (a lot of the starship, and droid designs. The Clonetroopers.) 

I also think that 3 is a worthy Star Wars movie. Not the best, but deserving of the name Star Wars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I agree that 1 and 2 aren't good, but will admit there are things in them that I do like, (a lot of the starship, and droid designs. The Clonetroopers.) 

I also think that 3 is a worthy Star Wars movie. Not the best, but deserving of the name Star Wars. 

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

These best explain how I feel about the prequels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ricefrisbeetreats said:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

These best explain how I feel about the prequels.

LOL. I've watched those. I think they're longer than the actual movies. 

I think he hits a lot of points right on the head. At the same time I think he can be a bit hard on movies sometimes, or harp on things I didn't mind. No specific examples... I don't have 10 free hours to watch them all at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see some more Clone Wars era ships in Armada. Whatever faults the prequels may have had ship design was not one of them.

 

I'd even prefer them to anything sequel era at this point. We have had more time to flesh out prequel ships and FFG is mote likely to put out a proper thematic prequel ship compared to just puting out the new shiny that would be any sequel era ship they put out at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...