Ladrillito

Cont[raband] Cybe[rnetics]?

That's a solid interpretation. Fits the theme of Outlaw Tech. 
The last word doesn't necessarily look like 'stressed' to me. Just not seeing the t. What else could that be, though? 

Edit: It's Scum, so it will be 0 or 1 point. 

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

42 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

That's a solid interpretation. Fits the theme of Outlaw Tech. 
The last word doesn't necessarily look like 'stressed' to me. Just not seeing the t. What else could that be, though? 

Edit: It's Scum, so it will be 0 or 1 point. 

You spelt -1 point wrong.

24 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Ya I don't think stress token makes sense. You'd be double stressing yourself for an action on a red?

Well, that's essentially what popping glitterstim to get a focus token on a red, or inertial dampeners or lighting reflexes to stop or "Kturn" whilst stressed, does.

Of course, glitterstim gives you as many focus tokens as you can use, but then it's focus only rather than an action of your choice, and it's a point more, whilst dampeners and reflexes effectively grant you manoeuvres that may not normally appear on your dial.

16 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Well, that's essentially what popping glitterstim to get a focus token on a red, or inertial dampeners or lighting reflexes to stop or "Kturn" whilst stressed, does.

Of course, glitterstim gives you as many focus tokens as you can use, but then it's focus only rather than an action of your choice, and it's a point more, whilst dampeners and reflexes effectively grant you manoeuvres that may not normally appear on your dial.

Ya those all have way more flexibility though since you aren't required to use them when stressed. Maybe I'm reading the interpretation incorrectly, but seems pretty awkward if that's the correct wording.

My reasoning for it being a stress token is that it belongs in the first part of the text, next to the other drawback (discarding the card). If it were advantageous, such as being assigned a focus token, I believe the wording would be "When you become the active ship during the Activation phase, you may discard this card. If you do..." and then proceed to list the benefits of doing so. But I might be wrong and this could very well not be the case.

Edited by Ladrillito

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Somehow i doubt its giving you a stress if the point is to do red maneuvers or actions w/o clearing your stress.

This practically requires an Inspiring Recruit to get the ship cleared of stress before it gets pinned down.

Could be stress or ion. The wording for other tokens is always "assign one x token to your ship", but this looks like "receive one X token.". 

I am willing to bet it has something to do with the 4 Jamming tokens that come with the ship. I don't think they would put in 4 if it was for the single salvaged astromech.

Edit: Looking at it, it maybe the Missiles that give the Jamming action. "Scramble Missiles" or something.

Edited by Jadotch

12 hours ago, Jadotch said:

I am willing to bet it has something to do with the 4 Jamming tokens that come with the ship. I don't think they would put in 4 if it was for the single salvaged astromech.

Edit: Looking at it, it maybe the Missiles that give the Jamming action. "Scramble Missiles" or something.

Probably not the Illicit as it seams to be "when you become the active ship" then it's uncommon to have tokens to throw away with jam at this moment ^^'

2 hours ago, Foxtr0t said:

Probably not the Illicit as it seams to be "when you become the active ship" then it's uncommon to have tokens to throw away with jam at this moment ^^'

Besides which, if it's your own upgrade doing it, it could just, you know, tell you to discard the token. I suspect the 'scrambler missiles' are the likely jamming source. That way the wave introduced both a cannon and a missile with a jamming effect, giving most squads an easy way to access the effect (sorry, anyone who's only got torpedo slots!)