Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Anyone tilted that Scum got the best ship again?

29 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

The real crime is that Empire got yet another 2-dice primary. 

Canons, munitions, and using them are not built in, like say, something like a Bullseye Shot.  

And of course the Kimo gets reload. 

The Kimo getting reload was pretty superfluous. I feel like they literally only did it because it's also got access to Jam tokens and they're on the card as well.

I can sort of see how it would work, you can pair up torps and missiles with your bullseye arc afterall, so you'd declare a TL with your Protons or Concs at something in your bullseye arc and then zoom past him, reloading as you go.

8 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

eh, so the bullseye i understand because it is very powerful

but reload really isn't that big a deal

it gives you more value over a longer engagement, but we're talking about a B-wing here folks. It isn't going to last long enough to reload unless your opponent obliges you

not that you wont use ordnance on this thing regardless, but it won't be for reload as much as for bullseye not being primary restricted

The Bullseye is more powerful than people are giving it credit for.. 
I get that it is narrow, but all you need is a corner to pass through that area, like in the example. And it's not just primary attacks, either - which is just ridiculous if you ask me. I will say, the Devs showed some never-before-seen restraint in not giving it boost and barrel roll (those ***** probably wanted to...).

Edit: RE: Reload: you're conflating usefulness with superfluous (good word, @Mward1984) 

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

I believe it does have barrel roll.

And whilst it may not have a great slow dial, it's going to have a good fast dial, because unhinged astromech.

For the unique, for that matter, R4-B11 is a nasty one; making your opponent reroll green dice is good, but making them do it when they can't spend focus tokens is just mean.

Of course, that requires you to line up a bullseye and have a target lock, without using your salvaged astromech slot to help with that, so the result should be pretty painful.

I can imagine the Killergorilla being nasty if the generic lets you pack in 4 with the Enforcer title and Unhinged Astromech. Avoiding one bullseye isn't hard; avoiding a 'grid' of multiple is going to be a lot harder, and with any bullseye leaving you with unmodified dice and stressing you, it only takes one centreline to really disconcert an arc-dodger.

8 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Gunboat looks good for the Empire but the bullseye ability and good hit points looks like Scum got the best fighter in the wave again.

IMO the rebel ship will turn out to be the best. Coordinate on a small cheap ship is a really strong ability. Especially for the faction that already has the best action economy.

Gunboat: not enough information to have an opinion. For sure the dial will make or brake the ship. With just what we know now if the dial is decent it's already a decent ship. I'm hoping for at least an Upsilon (no stop) or Kwing dial. A 4 straight would be awesome but i doubt they'll go that far. We also know nothing about the 2nd title or about the new canons.

Scums: The ship does look really strong. But without knowing the dial it's hard to evaluate properly. IMO the new arc will be much more effective vs large ships. I really hope it does not turn out to be another OP ship. After what we got with Nym, i believe many players would be really upset. I would for sure.

Eh

I agree the phantom probably wins the wave given what little info we have, but it ain't cause of coordinate oh no

It's because the **** thing is basically an ARC for a fraction of the price. Ezra (ps 5 now, because you need it to be real obvious that he should go with Biggs) with Gunner and r3a2 is basically Lord and master of the wave, already shutting down all the funboat SLAM shenanigans 

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Eh

I agree the phantom probably wins the wave given what little info we have, but it ain't cause of coordinate oh no

It's because the **** thing is basically an ARC for a fraction of the price. Ezra (ps 5 now, because you need it to be real obvious that he should go with Biggs) with Gunner and r3a2 is basically Lord and master of the wave, already shutting down all the funboat SLAM shenanigans 

With the extra bonus of Snap Shot, allowing him to also catch anyone in range 1 who'd have boosted or SLAM-ed clear of his arc with a single stress - then load two more in the combat phase. 

3 hours ago, Foxtr0t said:

Any upgrade giving Bullseye is never gonna happen because you need it on your base cardbox.

What does that mean?

You mean on the base token?  It doesn't really.  The Bullseye Arc uses your standard range ruler placed in the movement guide tabs found on every ships base.

19 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The Bullseye Arc uses your standard range ruler placed in the movement guide tabs found on every ships base.

Maybe it does but it's not written on the reference card so you need it printed on the base. ;)

This ship screams G-1A clone. The Bullseye is nice, but I don't think its going to be that easy to pull off. Maybe the dial is way better then the G1-A and makes it stand out better.

Edited by Jo Jo

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I can imagine the Killergorilla being nasty if the generic lets you pack in 4 with the Enforcer title and Unhinged Astromech. Avoiding one bullseye isn't hard; avoiding a 'grid' of multiple is going to be a lot harder, and with any bullseye leaving you with unmodified dice and stressing you, it only takes one centreline to really disconcert an arc-dodger.

That dot next to the Enforcer title means unique, so only one stress-causing murderline per list.

Pretty sure the gunship is the winner here. Obviously that can change once more is released about each ship but at a glance the Kimogila sounds like it will have a hard time turning at slow speeds so while the bull's-eye thing is great and all it sounds like nimble ships will be able to get out of the way. I'm excited for the gunship, I'm really hoping it's the heavy hitter the empire needs, I like aces as much as the next guy but I'm looking forward to a empire ship that can reuse ordinance, slam and then still use cheap cannons with weapons disabled, one of which I'm assuming has the capability to inflict the new jam mechanic.

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Ezra (ps 5 now, because you need it to be real obvious that he should go with Biggs) with Gunner and r3a2 is basically Lord and master of the wave, already shutting down all the funboat SLAM shenanigans 

Er, maybe? If the dial is like Phantom I  rather than an ARC's he'll be quite predictable once stressed, more so if stapled to Biggs. And with ordnance around he'll need to possibly also stick to a Selflessness carrier, or else that'll be a very squishy stressbug. Not that Braylen is a ton better than Ezra...

Still, maybe there's a case for TB as a junk cannon on a gunboat just to tear Ezzie from formation and apply Raid.

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

The scum fighter looks statwise very similar to a bwing or misthunter. Did you see many of these around lately? No? Then maybe this ship may not be so terrifying. Also: the bullseye arc does nothing against the ghost. Nothing against the decimator. Little against nym.

Meanwhile the gunboat seems to have an incredibly funny and unique flight pattern, with slam and reload. No matter if its competitive - which we cant know yet - it will for sure be fun and unique in casual.

I think we're fine. Sky aint falling. Just forum doomsayers doing what they are best at.

It's not uncommon for the ghost to have evade tokens.

Actually this release seems pretty even to me.

Kimo-therapy is the obvious heavy hitter of the bunch but its super squishy and will not be doing very many evasive tricks to dodge attacks. I suspect it to be a glass cannon, which may or may not bear fruit.
Gunboat is too unknown atm, but from what little we know it will behave totally different. 2die primary doesnt bug me too much since its a 2ndary weapon ship anyway. Only downside is no crit from gchips, but it would be 4-5pts more if it had a 3die attack anyway which might push it to the too expensive for ordnance area.
Phantom2 is a cheap coordinate, which is the first time thats been a thing. Coordinate has always bee plagued by lack of action economy and the bearer is too expensive, plus its got aux arc stuff.

Atleast until we find out the Gunboat has a terrible dial and the Kimo-therapy has another jm5k-level of amazing dial, they're pretty dang even to me atm.

11 hours ago, Foxtr0t said:

Any upgrade giving Bullseye is never gonna happen because you need it on your base cardbox. ;)

But I'm sure we'll see it on a rebel or imp (I guess imp) ship soon. Maybe Tie-Silencer or maybe not that soon...

Never say never: something like Bullseye is a great fix to the game and an excellent way to make us all buy ships again...

6 hours ago, phild0 said:

I imagine itll have a *** dial. No KTurns maybe. They gotta make up for the awesome bullseye arc abilities SOME how. Im thinking Omicron bad lol. But more likely Upsillon.

it got a 4k on the pack image dial.............. i'm thinking no 3 turns and red/no 1's (otherwise we'll just staple unhinged to it and watch the tears flow)

Phantom II is the easiest ship to see work day one in the Rebel synergy builds; it's a winner for those points.

Scum gets a cool ship with a different kinda hammer/sword; it'll get a Scum dial which means it'll be way better than the other two releases because...well...it's FFG's way.

Gunboat, this will be fun, and a grand little model for pint nights; yay!! But it looks like it's not that breakout ship that the Imps need to even threaten top eight at any large tournament; Imps have an FFG big tourney throttle control on their balanced ships and this will not break through their proverbial glass ceiling.

But here's my beef for this wave, and FFG FAILED miserably on this: There is no Maarek Stele Gunboat!! Why?!?!?!?! There's STUPID Sabine flying everything!! You guys not play TIE Fighter?? Yeah, crits, missles, powerful kinda, sure. Dengar powerful? Biggs Powerful? Not more than! Suck it up buttercups! Give us Maarek in HIS heroic ship!!!

.....that burns me. Oh, that burns!

Edited by clanofwolves
Rant correction

10 hours ago, Ralgon said:

it got a 4k on the pack image dial.............. i'm thinking no 3 turns and red/no 1's (otherwise we'll just staple unhinged to it and watch the tears flow)

Indeed. The Killergodzilla is a mandalmotors ship, which - theoretically - means it should have a dial that broadly resembles the khiraxz/scyk dial (hopefully with a touch more red on it, but probably the same actual moves - no speed 1 and no turn 3 are common to both its brethren)

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Indeed. The Killergodzilla is a mandalmotors ship, which - theoretically - means it should have a dial that broadly resembles the khiraxz/scyk dial (hopefully with a touch more red on it, but probably the same actual moves - no speed 1 and no turn 3 are common to both its brethren)

Yeah, a scyk dial with red 1 turns and only green straights sounds plausible.