Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Anyone tilted that Scum got the best ship again?

The article makes a point that both the Star Wing and Kimo-limo lack manoeuvrability - however, about the Kimo it specifically states "has a hard time turning sharply, especially in close-quarters" (I envisage red hard 2's and white hard 3's) so hopefully the S-Wing has the better dial. 

2 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Gunboat looks good for the Empire but the bullseye ability and good hit points looks like Scum got the best fighter in the wave again.

bullseye is looking like it's going to take some blocking/action control or fancy flying just to pull off unless you spam them, plus it's shaping up that the gunboat got the better jamming options.

The scum fighter looks statwise very similar to a bwing or misthunter. Did you see many of these around lately? No? Then maybe this ship may not be so terrifying. Also: the bullseye arc does nothing against the ghost. Nothing against the decimator. Little against nym.

Meanwhile the gunboat seems to have an incredibly funny and unique flight pattern, with slam and reload. No matter if its competitive - which we cant know yet - it will for sure be fun and unique in casual.

I think we're fine. Sky aint falling. Just forum doomsayers doing what they are best at.

Well, the article was like: Swarms of missiles! Torpedoes! Strip your enemy's tokens! And... um, some coordination. Honestly, I think the Gunboat is the standout winner here, the Scum ARC is rather meh in comparison, even with its Bulls firing arc.

The Sheathi-D is probably like the Rebel TIE; a utility ship which has powerful combos. Fenn Rau's ability is pretty savage for a PS9 20  point ship with an aux arc.

And the best bit? R3A2, the Astromech Of Pure Hate And Grumpiness That Even Chopper Fears found a new favourite ship.

Edited by Lampyridae

Well, the big pilot in the Scum ship is at PS 8, bringing him at PS 10 with VI, which looks like it is going to be a staple on him, unless a more useful EPT is released. So, at PS 10 with a barrel roll and 3 red dice you get a pretty good ace killer who can use his bullseye arc effectivelly. His ability is also pretty decent, though occasional. I don't think it is going to break the game by any means.

Like I said, he is a good ace killer. Against bigger ships, the bullseye arc is pretty useless. We still have to see what upgrades we get and what pilot skills the rest of the pilots have to truly judge the ship.

4 hours ago, RufusDaMan said:

It looks bad, but rebellions are built on hope. I'll ******* flip my table if the second generic gunboat doesn't have an EPT

PS4 is usually the Imperial level for an EPT'd ship. See Black and Saber squadron for instance.

The Kimogila with the bullseye arc seems to be a ship which triggers its abilities in a very circunstancial cases. (if you can already fly to avoid the regular arcs for the ships, it's easier to avoid a more streched área). From my experience from other games like Magic The Gathering, the mechanics which triggers in very restricted and circunstancial ways, are not seen in competitive scene but they are usually fun to play in casual gaming. In X wing we have seen some cases, as Fearlesness upgrade. Who pick Fearlesness when you can pick mindlink for the same points? Just because Attani triggers in less circunstancial cases.

51 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I will say, the Bullseye Arc is REALLY nice, and I'd love to see it on an EPT.

Any upgrade giving Bullseye is never gonna happen because you need it on your base cardbox. ;)

But I'm sure we'll see it on a rebel or imp (I guess imp) ship soon. Maybe Tie-Silencer or maybe not that soon...

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is that the rebels got another little crew carrying support ship, and that I may need to buy multiples of them if that Astromech is good enough to let me make good lists with ol' fashioned X-wings. 

OTOH: Possibly good X-wing lists. Oh and coordinate at effectively PS-13 for ghost + ace lists. And the model looks like a nice generic sci fi shuttle so I can use multiples for other.... y'know what? I'm pretty stoked about this entire wave. 

31 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

The real crime is that Empire got yet another 2-dice primary. 

Canons, munitions, and using them are not built in, like say, something like a Bullseye Shot.  

And of course the Kimo gets reload. 

eh, so the bullseye i understand because it is very powerful

but reload really isn't that big a deal

it gives you more value over a longer engagement, but we're talking about a B-wing here folks. It isn't going to last long enough to reload unless your opponent obliges you

not that you wont use ordnance on this thing regardless, but it won't be for reload as much as for bullseye not being primary restricted