Sir13scott

Force Friday

2 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

The price point has already been revealed - $30. I don't see it being a new version of IA.

There was a rumor at GenCon of a $30 Star Wars card game similar to the Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:44 AM, Porkchop Express said:

Release A wing v2 and the RB as an epic, and give the FO Kylo's fighter and that other ship. We don't need two epics in the one wave (I would like to see a few more epics, even though I don't play epic). Save a FO epic for Episode IX.

After Force Friday, FFG might just make the first order a separate faction.

My money is still on a Warhammer Quest The Adventure Card Game reskin.

If it were not for the breakup with GW that game would have been really successful. It only makes sense to keep the system alive and use it for something that will sell for sure.

Edited by Reaver027

45 minutes ago, Reaver027 said:

My money is still on a Warhammer Quest The Adventure Card Game reskin.

If it were not for the breakup with GW that game would have been really successful. It only makes sense to keep the system alive and use it for something that will sell for sure.

I will hope for something more X-wing related; X-wing is one of FFG's best sources of revenue, if nothing else.  Why not put out something to exploit this ready made market on a day that most of us are practically guaranteed to be looking for Star Wars stuff to spend our money on?

1 hour ago, Rogue_Group1 said:

After Force Friday, FFG might just make the first order a separate faction.

FFG's stated design philosophy is to replace underperforming cards and ships with newer cards and ships instead of buffing older product. The Resistance and First Order ships were therefore made specifically to exist within the two factions as they are replacements, not factions designed to function separately from the existing factions. 

1 hour ago, TylerTT said:

FFG constantly buffs older ships!

It depends on how you and I differ on our opinion of what a buff is, and what is just selling you new stuff to replace or to staple onto your existing stuff. 

As far as I can remember, the only one in recent time that a ship has been buffed is the Heavy Syck Title which they added the +1 Hull bonus to the card via errata and Cluster Mine was buffed . Otherwise, everything has been about putting together new product to sell to users to replace existing content. New pilots to replace old pilots (such as Imperial Veterans or Rebel Aces) instead of improving old pilots (like just errata'ing Horton Salm to have an EPT slot), or new cards to add onto existing cards, but rarely ever just straight up buffing a ship, pilot, or card by errata which is fully in their capability to do.

In their Gamasutra interview they mention this a bit (after 45:00), that they would rather not power creep up older stuff unless they can get away with a new product release.

Edited by kris40k

I was kind of hoping the Silencer/A-wing Core Set III idea would come true...then I realized an entry point box set to a game called X-wing, that didn't include an actual X-wing, would be a major PR blunder. 

So I'm thinking no way.

Unless we really think FFG is prone to major X-wing PR blunders... 

From Starwars.com

Fantasy Flight Games

Enjoy thrilling adventures in the Star Wars universe with games like X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault, and Star Wars: Destiny and get ready for new Star Wars games available September 1!

Check with your favorite local comic book and specialty stores for hosted Fantasy Flight Star Wars gaming events with your friends and family. Visit fantasyflightgames.com for more details!

Source : http://www.starwars.com/news/force-friday-ii-guide-to-events-giveaways-and-more

New core set for everyone ? :P

Edited by Arkanta974

17 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Thinking about TlJ, am I wrong to think that T-70s vs Tie FO and SFs would be one of the most fun ways to play Xwing right now?

Not for those of us that are OT purists. I still wish the A, B, X and Y we're all still viable ships. I got into this game too late and missed the glory days. 

18 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Thinking about TlJ, am I wrong to think that T-70s vs Tie FO and SFs would be one of the most fun ways to play Xwing right now?

I think a Sequel Trilogy format could be as much fun as an Original Trilogy-only format.  That is, a great change of pace, but I don't want it to be the only format.

* Only Resistance/First Order ships (right now, T-70, HoR Falcon pilots [S-Loop title only] , F/O, S/F, Upsilon.  Likely also A-Wing, Silencer, Resistance Bomber).

* No unique upgrades (mostly Crew and Astromech) unless they appear in the Sequel Trilogy.  So yes to crew Chewie, astromech R2-D2, Lone Wolf; no to R4-D6, the Emperor, Kanan Jarrus, Bomblet Generator (not that any ship currently released could even equip it).

* Scum can fly Quadjumpers.  Nothing else. :P So maybe be fair and allow them to take the unique illicit Cloaking Devise.  I mean, can you prove we didn't see a cloaked Quadjumper in the move?

Edited by theBitterFig

7 hours ago, PaulTiberius said:

I was kind of hoping the Silencer/A-wing Core Set III idea would come true...then I realized an entry point box set to a game called X-wing, that didn't include an actual X-wing, would be a major PR blunder. 

So I'm thinking no way.

Unless we really think FFG is prone to major X-wing PR blunders... 

Kylo-wing