Sir13scott

Force Friday

41 minutes ago, Cade Bulkin said:

"With the impending release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi, Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce their participation in Force Friday II with a new Star Wars product!" 

Idk, that seems pretty clear to me that it's something completely new.

Not necessarily.  I mean, that it's not branded as an expansion to an existing game series does imply pretty heavily that it's not an 'Aces' pack or something like that (for the TIE Silencer and Resistance A-Wing or whatever), speculated earlier.  A new X-Wing core set would be possible, though - but yeah, it'd have to be a completely self-contained and standalone whatever it is.  As an expansion to something else, they'd surely have had to note that.

10 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

I get that, but there's something cool about the something-for-everyone commemorative box that I really like. I don't play Destiny, I haven't played the LCG in about 18 months (and stopped buying new product), and it's been quite a while since IA made it to the table, but I would still jump on something like this in a heartbeat.

Oh, yeah, definitely! I'd buy at least two!

All I meant was that I just would be really mad because I know I'd log on to these forums and everyone would be complaining about how they had to buy all this stuff they didn't want, and I'd hate to see such a great product get absolutely trashed...

I'm pretty sure it will not be related to X-wing. One of my friends guessed it would be a The Last Jedi RPG Beginner Game, but once again, the price doesn't line up perfectly, those products being $29.95. Now I'm intrigued...

Current running rumor, which matches the price point, is a Destiny two-player Starter Set.

There is a "leaked" Kylo card that looks legit as well, though obviously photoshop can make some impressive stuff.

Makes sense, though -- "self-contained," leads well into TLJ and the upcoming Destiny expansion.

... But I wanted moar X-Wing.

Edited by ArbitraryNerd

I'm not getting my hopes up. For Force Friday it's got to be something that appeals to stores like Target and Walmart. That means self-contained, not an expansion. 

You know what these stores stores have sold for a long time successfully? Collectible card games. 

You know what FFG has said they're going to produce regular core sets of? Destiny. 

Guys I think it's going to be Destiny. 

6 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

I'm not getting my hopes up. For Force Friday it's got to be something that appeals to stores like Target and Walmart. That means self-contained, not an expansion. 

You know what these stores stores have sold for a long time successfully? Collectible card games. 

You know what FFG has said they're going to produce regular core sets of? Destiny. 

Guys I think it's going to be Destiny. 

:(

I want an X-Wing Campaign Box. It's... self contained, right? 

17 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I'm pretty sure "new Star Wars Product" is their attempt to give away as little as possible to appease the mouse. They specifically mention X-Wing. It would be rude and bizarre if there wasn't any X wing product released or announced Friday.

They also specifically mentioned IA, Destiny, and the RPG. 

57 minutes ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

There is a "leaked" Kylo card that looks legit as well, though obviously photoshop can make some impressive stuff.

Link?

Destiny does seem quite probable, since SWD06 is still missing!

Edited by Kieransi

I'm calling it now:

It's a new deck building game. 

$30 is too cheap for a standalone minis game. They can't do a board game because hasbro. They already have a ccg and a lcg. 

Plus, Deck building games are really popular right now. Not to mention standalone (but with the possibility of expansions if successful) and the price point seems right for it. 

I would like to see an x-wing and b-wing rebel veterans expansion. Where there will be fixes for both the x-wing and b-wing. Im hoping. Might get me to play rebels/resistance instead of imperial all the time. :)

Here's hoping...

1 hour ago, Cade Bulkin said:

I'm calling it now:

$30 is too cheap for a standalone minis game. They can't do a board game because hasbro. They already have a ccg and a lcg. 

Plus, Deck building games are really popular right now. Not to mention standalone (but with the possibility of expansions if successful) and the price point seems right for it. 

I'd be okay with that. StarRealms remains my favorite deckbuilding cardgame. Having more quick and casual games around is always nice.

2 hours ago, Cade Bulkin said:

I'm calling it now:

They absolutely can do Star Wars board games. What would you call Rebellion? They need to work with Hasbro on licensing which we've seen them do with both Imperial Assault and Rebellion. So a board game isn't impossible. Unlikely, maybe, but definitely possible.

Just now, pkreynolds said:

They absolutely can do Star Wars board games. What would you call Rebellion? They need to work with Hasbro on licensing which we've seen them do with both Imperial Assault and Rebellion. So a board game isn't impossible. Unlikely, maybe, but definitely possible.

Your are 100% correct