Sir13scott

Force Friday

35 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The Resistance Bomber is nothing like the B-Wing.

But yeah, if it is an epic (instead of a large ship), the Resistance A-wing would come along well with this one...

I know that LucasFilm and Disney certainly don't consider the ramifications for FFG when they design a new ship, but I swear, it's almost like they take glee in trying to make ships that are as difficult as possible to bring into X-Wing.  Like, where in the world would the peg hole go?  Make a long hollow tube up the pylon thing?  Mount the connector on the engines?  Special peg like for the ghost so it can be mounted further backwards and still have support/allow that pylon to clear the base?

As far as size goes, it's hard to figure out due to only having one shot of the thing so far, but I don't think it's quite epic sized.  Definitely big, but I think it's not quite Ghost sized (of course by the Lego dimensions it's like half the size of the ghost, but if we go by Lego scale then I want my SW:TOR Jedi corvette in this game stat!).  

9 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Fully expecting them to be announced today but FFG is oddly silent.

Everyone else announces everything immediately but for some reason FFG likes to hold onto the news. Not like it means anything until its released.

Their announcement article would have to be approved by Disney. Maybe stuck in the pipeline.

3 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'll be in the minority, but I hope we don't get anymore Force Friday updates.   

I would rather FFG get access to canon materials and see the ships and pilots in action before making them.

They could do something cracy like announce "for the movie release we have started designing these 3 ships from the movie. Expect release by the time the movie hits Blu Ray so we can make them as true to the films as possible. 

Allows for hype, speculation, anticipation, without committing to a design that doesn't fit the canon.

1 minute ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I would rather FFG get access to canon materials and see the ships and pilots in action before making them.

It's a nice idea, but we're two for two on stuff announced and released before the movie drops. We're going to get Poe and Tallie as pilots for the A-Wing; Kylo Ren and, I don't know, "Backbite" as TIE/VN pilots. Two generics apiece.

1 minute ago, Tsiegtiez said:

It's a nice idea, but we're two for two on stuff announced and released before the movie drops. We're going to get Poe and Tallie as pilots for the A-Wing; Kylo Ren and, I don't know, "Backbite" as TIE/VN pilots. Two generics apiece.

Balanced and accurate representations, like rebellions, are built on hope.

2 minutes ago, Tsiegtiez said:

I'd still be down for a way to give the TIE/sk the gunner and bombs it had from the Visual Guide, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My idea for that, is an modification, TIE only, that gives a crew slot, but excludes equipping unique crew.   Then an imperial only crew that gives a bomb slot.   

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

The Resistance Bomber is nothing like the B-Wing.

But yeah, if it is an epic (instead of a large ship), the Resistance A-wing would come along well with this one...

I took some screen grabs from the trailer and did some rough pixel-counting calculations in another thread. By my estimate the Resistance Bomber is around 30m long (and 22m tall) - making it a bit shorter than the Millennium Falcon. Longer than the YT-2400 and Firespray, shorter than the Decimator, VCX-100 and YV-666, and about as long as the HWK. This also fits with the LEGO models and with it being based on WWII or later bombers.

So if it is made, it should be a large ship rather than an epic one. Certainly it is nowhere close the GR-75's 90m, Gozanti's 60-70m or CR90's 120m-150m.

54 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

That would be perfect, but FFG wants to cash in on the movie hype like everyone else, and we have three missing SKUs :|

5 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

I took some screen grabs from the trailer and did some rough pixel-counting calculations in another thread. By my estimate the Resistance Bomber is around 30m long (and 22m tall) - making it a bit shorter than the Millennium Falcon. Longer than the YT-2400 and Firespray, shorter than the Decimator, VCX-100 and YV-666, and about as long as the HWK. This also fits with the LEGO models and with it being based on WWII or later bombers.

So if it is made, it should be a large ship rather than an epic one. Certainly it is nowhere close the GR-75's 90m, Gozanti's 60-70m or CR90's 120m-150m.

Good!

I want the next Rebel Epic, after Scum get their second Epic, to be the Hammerhead. There is the Dornean ship too, but the Hammerhead is my favourite of the two.

35 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

that sounds great to me! Would make a nice look on the table together with two "old" B-wings :)

Has anybody found out any FFG-related news via the augmented Reality app "Find the Force"?

Not even sure how that works.

also: "Force Friday II" is actually September 1-3, 2017.

So we may see FFG web updates over the holiday (in US) weekend, as unlikely as that sounds.

Edited by evanger

1 hour ago, evanger said:

Has anybody found out any FFG-related news via the augmented Reality app "Find the Force"?

Not even sure how that works.

also: "Force Friday II" is actually September 1-3, 2017.

So we may see FFG web updates over the holiday (in US) weekend, as unlikely as that sounds.

Yeah, plus when I actually think about it why would FFG try to promote two products on the same day like that. It would be stupid to build all this hype for their Destiny release to then potentially draw the attention away to something else. Today is all about Destiny, and they can promote the rest later.