Sir13scott

Force Friday

So one of the new toys talks about the new mega-class star destroyer that is SIXTY km long.  The thing looks absolutely ridiculous, as it looks like an enlarged version of the stealth bomber.  Between this and starkiller base, really makes you wonder where the First Order gets their funds, as well as their R&R.

FADEpoKPGpQCQhezMgeXga-970-80.png

25 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

So one of the new toys talks about the new mega-class star destroyer that is SIXTY km long.  The thing looks absolutely ridiculous, as it looks like an enlarged version of the stealth bomber.  Between this and starkiller base, really makes you wonder where the First Order gets their funds, as well as their R&R.

Not sure I like the wide look vs long. Long was intimidating and shark-like, a single point coming straight at you. The Supremacy looks more like a small ship blown up to a huge ship for no good reason. Even at 60km it's still far too small to be a planet killer and seems like it presents too much of a head on target. I agree it's a bad B2 copy and silly. Oh Disney...

edit: FGD will cream his pants at that wing span though. Check and mate.

Edited by LordFajubi

50 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

Probably scrapped a lot of Star Destroyers.

Okay, kinda bummed there's no X-Wing stuff, but I did still grab a couple things... the TIE Silencer LEGO set and the Black Series X-Wing helmet. I haven't tried any of the electronic features, but I DID test the one I was most interested in... IT FITS MY GIANT MELON OF A HEAD (had to remove the side padding, but it's supposed to come out for sizing reasons). I want to get a second one to repaint in more generic colors for reasons....

6 hours ago, PastrySandwich said:

They have in the past, I would be very surprised if Destiny was able to out-sell the good LCGs that FFG has created. In other words, collectibles were a great model with no alternative existed, but now that there is a better model that (potential) value has diminished. None of that is to say I think Destiny doesn't make them money, I just think they could make more money had they used the LCG model. 

I hate to break this to you, but every indication we have is that Destiny is already doing better then any LCG they've put out so far.  By alot.

Awakenings was the single biggest print run they've done and it sold out in a month. Destiny had about double the partcipants of the released LCGs at Gencon, and it would have been more but it sold out day 1.

There's a sizeable chance that Destiny is their current best selling product.

None of their LCGs have ever had sustained success. Store don't like supporting them.

Edited by ScottieATF

36 minutes ago, Rakky Wistol said:

Shocking... they missed an oppertunity to make us happy again...

I blame target employees. 

Hey now. We had to stand by and watch all the other people run and grab up all the cool stuff off the shelves. We can't put anything aside, so no Black series Rey or Hera or Thrawn :(

3 hours ago, markcsoul said:

60 kilometers... Lucasfilm has finally lost it.

1380221886168.jpg

Edited by eMeM

3 hours ago, markcsoul said:

You mean R&D? Per the canon, a bunch of the old imperial corporations had their hard-line imperials split off to make new companies tied to the FO.

As for funds, per canon, secret ties to corporations, imperial hardliners diverting resources, and members of the new republic senate with imperial leanings (or just wanting political power) diverting taxes to various front organizations. For the most part, the First Order grew by covertly sucking funds and resources out of the New Republic to drive the development of a 2nd galactic empire in the unknown regions.

Also, some of the promo material for the new film suggests that the first order is a 'mobile state', so it is possible that much of the first order's core elements are not planet bound. That megaship might not just be a warship, it may well also be the first order Capitol.

Edited by mithril2098

3 hours ago, TylerTT said:

first order had 30 odd years of building stuff and doing whatever horrible stuff they felt like to take whatever they needed. you can do a whole lot in 30 years especially if you have droids.

At this point, it's more like the First Order found the Star Forge or something....

As boring as first order designs are I kind of like them. It says something about how awful and creatively bankrupt fascism is. It's an evolutionary dead end, surely bigger is better. Surely this time the terrorists will not be able to blow it all up.

but in the end they always lose.