Sir13scott

Force Friday

1 minute ago, TheTechWookiee said:

Game shops probably don't want to risk being cut off. 

I understand that part. However, I was playing X-Wing at our LGS last night. Where our table is set up is where incoming shipments are usually brought in. So, in my case, if I'd seen a suspicious FFG box, I'd snap a pic and maybe shake it like Christmas eve presents. I'm sure my store isn't the only one like that. I think SOMETHING will leak before Friday.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

IIRC last time there was a big secret release it was spoiled by a Target or Wal*Mart somewhere putting it on the shelves 3 days early.  Maybe this year too...

Do Walmart and Target stock X-Wing in stores? I've not seen it.

There were so many urban myths about that, but I do know that even after it leaked I could not get my hands on it from Target until the actual Friday.  They were insane about the street date at my local target.  More strict than some gamestops actually (and when I used to be a manager for GameStop, breaking street date was on the spot, immediate termination unless someone like Best Buy broke street date first and we got permission from corporate).

I heard it was a Target though, which is why I was so persistent trying to get my hands on it early.

Edited by FatherTurin

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

They both carry Core Sets occasionally in bigger stores.  It was the TFA core set that whichever one accidentally released early.

Thinking about it it might have been Barnes and Noble actually.

Barnes and Noble used to carry quite a few xwing item(cores, individual ships, etc), however, all the ones I have seen have phased it out.

I have also seen the cores, on occasion, at Wal-Mart/Target but never seen any ship packs there.

With how big the game(s) have gotten I can't imagine they would want to carry these (it takes a LOT of shelve space to carry all the ships) the same goes for basically any FFG product, so I doubt these retailers will even want to carry any of the products moving forward.

At least one of my local shops told me today that they have three cases ordered and they aren't scheduled to arrive until the Friday shipment. It's possible that FFG set up shipping in such a way that leaks are all but impossible (unless it's leaked by a warehouse worker or delivery driver, but both of those cases seem unlikely).

Also it sounds like quantities are extremely limited. The store I talked to expects 18 copies on Friday.

They may announce the the last 2 ships for the wave, but the product won't be them.

Unless they have some Legion teaser stuff, Its gonna be a 2 player starter set for Destiny.

Edited by PastrySandwich

9 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

I'm missing something here, I can't find any mention of an announcement.

Here ya go

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/25/find-the-force/

The speculation is here" Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce their participation in Force Friday II with a new Star Wars product!" So people have been discussing what is the product they are sending out.

Edited by PastrySandwich

38 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

Just saw something that said the product had been leaked on Reddit. But I haven't seen any more than that 

Do you maybe mean the leaked Destiny cards? A different Kylo and Phasma and some other stuff. 

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:
2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Practically guaranteed the "xwing" comment is the TLJ ships announcement.

still believe the new product is a deckbuilder.

I certainly hope your right. X-wing would be fine, but I can wait. A destiny 2 player starter would be depressing. A deck builder or solo/coop lcg and I'm all in. 

I was at my local Target EARLY Saturday.  Went into toys & games.  On a cart ... some unboxed and others boxed ... sat their ENTIRE Force Friday merchandise.  Young guy undoing the boxing took a break.  I happened to peek in a box he had opened.  It was a set of 3.75 action figures.  A Han/Boba Battle Pack.  Another box was the exclusive Target Black Series 6 figure.  A third box was single, 3.75 figures.  I was sort of caught opening boxes.  There were at least 15 other boxes of nothing buy SW product.  I do not recall seeing any FFG stuff.  

I asked if I could purchase the merchandise.  They checked their SKU and a hard  "no."  Everything was going to be put back into the warehouse and brought out for Friday AM.  Super series about the rules; cannot sell this to you, sir; sorry for confusion ... Disney really has this on lockdown.  

IF you are REALLY hard core about getting some of this stuff, many retailers are open at midnight Thurs/Fri to sell SW items.  Not sure a FLGS would be but FFG probably going to activate their new items online at that time.  Would be my guess.  Your large box retailers the same online and at participating locations at midnight.