Sir13scott

Force Friday

3 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

And later the Resistance Bomber :P

Question is whether it is 'Epic' or 'standard' scale.  It's a bit longer than the Ghost, obviously MUCH taller, and nearly as wide.  Could it fit in the standard game?  MAYBE.  Will it?  Or will FFG go 'Epic' with it?

45 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Question is whether it is 'Epic' or 'standard' scale.  It's a bit longer than the Ghost, obviously MUCH taller, and nearly as wide.  Could it fit in the standard game?  MAYBE.  Will it?  Or will FFG go 'Epic' with it?

Wow had no idea it was that big.  I'd convinced myself it'd be the wave XII add on rather than the A-Wing.  Now it looks more like an Epic small ship unless the slide the scale for standard play (highly unlikely I'd think).  Also tempers my hopes of the Hammerhead corvette.  Now there are two very strong options for Rebel Epic ships.  This is getting out of hand. ;)

3 hours ago, Quadjumper King said:

What does this mean for Maul's ship from rebels (its name escapes me...) if the bomber is epic? 

But I doubt we'll get tha anyway now that a maul crew is in the Phantom II

The Kom'rk is too big for a standard Large ship.  It's longer and wider than the Ghost.  It could probably be made an Epic ship but even then it's a lot wider than most Epics, and has a radically different profile - it moves and attacks more like a fighter than a capital ship, and doesn't have hardpoints and turrets.

It probably just doesn't fit in x-wing.

13 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The Kom'rk is too big for a standard Large ship.  It's longer and wider than the Ghost.  It could probably be made an Epic ship but even then it's a lot wider than most Epics, and has a radically different profile - it moves and attacks more like a fighter than a capital ship, and doesn't have hardpoints and turrets.

It probably just doesn't fit in x-wing.

That's what you get when your design of a ship is "well... just make it bigger"

4 hours ago, mithril2098 said:

i think they'd almost have to go Epic with it. it is just too big. it is basically Gozanti sized.

of course if the Resistance gets an Epic, we can only hope that the film comes with something equivalent for the First Order.

Well, if they want a First Order equivalent, there already is one; the Poe Dameron comics features (or more accurately re-introduces) the Carrion Spike, which is about the right size for a corvette.

I'm hoping for a TIE Reaper. The Empire needs another large based ship, but something mobile and offensive. The reaper fits the bill as a combat transport. The empire has the worst selection of large base ships, with 1 good and 1 decent with two abysmal ones. The Ghost, the Falcon, The Outrider, The Punishing One and the Shadowcaster, IG-2000 and the Hound's Tooth are all equal or better ships than the Upsilon, and many are better than the Decimator. It is also one of the 4 imperial ships in (movie and series) cannon not released yet.

Zeta Shuttle (From Rogue 1, the one that Jyn's theme used)
Krennic's Shuttle (also from R1)
Sentinel Class Shuttle (Rebels)
TIE Reaper (Also from R1)

Now we don't need a 3rd shuttle, and all of the other three ships are doing the exact same thing. They might have different fire arcs, and hull value, but all are 0-1 agility ships with bad dials and probably 2 crew slots. We have 2 of those. Maybe the Zeta shuttle has a cargo slot, maybe the Sentinel can carry 3 crews, and Krennic's shuttle debuffs the enemy player with its sheer ugliness, but I fail to see how would they bring anything interesting to the game.

The Reaper on the other hand is an interesting ship, with a different move set. An agile, quick large based ship with the TIE tag could be interesting. Twin Ion Engine mark 2 sounds much better on a large dial for example.

Plus we just got our first imperial small base which ISN'T a TIE, maybe we could get our first large based TIE as well.

The obvious answers are the most likely.   TIE Silencer is a definate, though it is possibly not going to match up what we see on screen, or shown in other media.    

The A-wing and Resistance Bomber have had a lot, and are still to get via novels, of exposure.   They have named pilots and gunners, Tallie for awing and Paige for gunner.   The latter sparks a whole subplot for the movie.   These make them a near sure thing for this game.   

Considering the strange proportions of the ghost and Upsilon, I wouldn't rule out the Resistance Bomber as a non-epic..  but it will be pricy. Both in MSRP $ and squad building points.

6 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

The obvious answers are the most likely.   TIE Silencer is a definate, though it is possibly not going to match up what we see on screen, or shown in other media.    

The A-wing and Resistance Bomber have had a lot, and are still to get via novels, of exposure.   They have named pilots and gunners, Tallie for awing and Paige for gunner.   The latter sparks a whole subplot for the movie.   These make them a near sure thing for this game.   

Considering the strange proportions of the ghost and Upsilon, I wouldn't rule out the Resistance Bomber as a non-epic..  but it will be pricy. Both in MSRP $ and squad building points.

After K2SO, I'm a little dubious on calling them near sure things, weird things happen when Disney's tendrils get involved.

I think we'll see more talon rolls for what that's worth.

33 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

I'm hoping for a TIE Reaper. The Empire needs another large based ship, but something mobile and offensive. The reaper fits the bill as a combat transport. The empire has the worst selection of large base ships, with 1 good and 1 decent with two abysmal ones. The Ghost, the Falcon, The Outrider, The Punishing One and the Shadowcaster, IG-2000 and the Hound's Tooth are all equal or better ships than the Upsilon, and many are better than the Decimator. It is also one of the 4 imperial ships in (movie and series) cannon not released yet.

Zeta Shuttle (From Rogue 1, the one that Jyn's theme used)
Krennic's Shuttle (also from R1)
Sentinel Class Shuttle (Rebels)
TIE Reaper (Also from R1)

Now we don't need a 3rd shuttle, and all of the other three ships are doing the exact same thing. They might have different fire arcs, and hull value, but all are 0-1 agility ships with bad dials and probably 2 crew slots. We have 2 of those. Maybe the Zeta shuttle has a cargo slot, maybe the Sentinel can carry 3 crews, and Krennic's shuttle debuffs the enemy player with its sheer ugliness, but I fail to see how would they bring anything interesting to the game.

The Reaper on the other hand is an interesting ship, with a different move set. An agile, quick large based ship with the TIE tag could be interesting. Twin Ion Engine mark 2 sounds much better on a large dial for example.

Plus we just got our first imperial small base which ISN'T a TIE, maybe we could get our first large based TIE as well.

Yep. TIE Reaper would be the best (non FO) bet now.

12 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Yep. TIE Reaper would be the best (non FO) bet now.

I would prefer the Sith Infiltrator. Vader had one and it appeared in a movie. Plus we need a Darth Maul pilot/crew...

I also hope were going to get more unique crew options with Phasma and Snoke. Maybe Snoke has a unique ship in the movie we have not seen yet? As long as its not a f'ing shuttle... Also if the Tie silencer ends up having a crew slot (seems doubtful) Phasma would be a perfect fit.