rabid1903

My Biggest Gripe About Wave XII

It could have an oxygen/fuel mix, or separate tanks and a sci-fi carburetor.

And don't you dare counter with "but a compressed air release without combustion would be more efficient because of there is no energy lost in heat."

...because I'll plug my ears and yell "sci-fi" until you give up.

17 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

Is it too soon to bring up that this is the same galaxy where Teddy Bears beat heavily armored soldiers?

Still better than the universe where Arthurian Knights lose to a wee little rabbit, but you don't hear people complain about that. 

(To be clear, since tone doesn't come across well in text, I am, in fact, kidding.)

9 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Still better than the universe where Arthurian Knights lose to a wee little rabbit, but you don't hear people complain about that. 

(To be clear, since tone doesn't come across well in text, I am, in fact, kidding.)

Sigh, you know the forums are in bad shape when you have to add that lol.

I personally like the Ewoks :D Yub Yub

W.T.F.

Troll, or scrambler missile, and the reason the scum pack needs jamming tokens?:blink:

34 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

Is it too soon to bring up that this is the same galaxy where Teddy Bears beat heavily armored soldiers?

Shhhhhh. The legion trolls have enough to rabble about already!:P

Edited by Ralgon

My gripe now us that people don't *think* and jump to conclusions.   

Looking at the product layout, you could figure out it doesn't say scramjet.  Reasoning is thus; the Kimogila has two of this upgrade card, no Jammer beam cannon slot but four jam tokens.   Also, and most importantly, the rightmost copy of the upgrade shown clearly has a letter with a straight line running vertically beside the 'M'.  The letter 'J' does not.  

Add in the lack of oxygen for a scramjet, then I can guess that the original post was done either out of ignorance or the desire to "troll".   Fortunately, the case seems to be the former, which can, and seemingly has been, rectified.

11 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Add in the lack of oxygen for a scramjet, then I can guess that the original post was done either out of ignorance or the desire to "troll".   Fortunately, the case seems to be the former, which can, and seemingly has been, rectified.

Did you read the part where the OP specifically addressed the lack of oxygen?

Those were the second, and third sentences if you need to go back and check.

Though I do appreciate a level of paranoia that believes a post that says "scramjet in space, WTF?" is either ignorance or troll job because it wasn't "scramjet in space, W.T.F.?"

The laws of physics in Star Wars have never worked like they do in the real world, to a degree that the kind of dogfighting which this game is founded on is completely impossible in space and Lucus once justified that by saying that in the Star Wars Galaxy there is a thin atmosphere throughout all of space.

Thank you to those who understood this was, by and large, a joking thread. I'd hoped that was obvious, but I'm just going to assume that there were happy accidents.

Let's all lighten up a little and enjoy the great game that is X-Wing, with all its magnificent violations of the laws of physics.

For the record, I'm very familiar with Scramjet engines. That's why I was joking about being enraged.

Edited by rabid1903

10 hours ago, rabid1903 said:

Is why is there a scramjet missile in a space game?

Supersonic Combustion Ramjet.

There's no oxygen in space to combust. Suspension of disbelief, gone.

Rage.

You fool, there's obviously oxygen in space

How do you think TIE screams carry so well?

47 minutes ago, Tsiegtiez said:

Something something quintessence something something

I've read some serious bull throughout my life for science fiction...but that is very comic book deus ex machina kinda ****... as in "we can't figure out how to explain this... so lets make up some bull that makes no sense in the established continuity." 

Edited by Wiredin

11 hours ago, rabid1903 said:

There's no oxygen in space to combust. Suspension of disbelief, gone.

Rage.

Well, also worth noting that there is oxygen in Star Wars' space.  It's not a near-vacuum like our own space, but rather is a thin atmosphere more akin to early "aether theories" of space.  This would explain why in Star Wars there is...
>> sound in space
>> fiery explosions in space
>> biological creatures that exist in space
>> starfighter design with wings and WWII-like maneuvering
>> a possibility to survive in space with just a breathmask

7 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

You fool, there's obviously oxygen in space

How do you think TIE screams carry so well?

It's not the Tie that screams, it's the official Imperial Fleet battlecry. Reason that the male pilots can reach such a pitch is because those navy issue undies really are tight.

Ouch!

cause Starwars physics.

This isnt the first time theyve broken the concept of space and it wont be the last. In fact i dont know anything they actually DO have right scientifically. And when they rarely do say the sciency stuff its laughably out of the concept of possible.
Not sure if its actually part of the starwars tech but i remember hearing someone said the blasters were supposedly firing gigawatts of power per shot. Considering modern steel-obliterating lasers are around a kilowatt i highly, highly doubt that for a handheld gun lol

Edited by Vineheart01

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

cause Starwars physics.

This isnt the first time theyve broken the concept of space and it wont be the last. In fact i dont know anything they actually DO have right scientifically. And when they rarely do say the sciency stuff its laughably out of the concept of possible.
Not sure if its actually part of the starwars tech but i remember hearing someone said the blasters were supposedly firing gigawatts of power per shot. Considering modern steel-obliterating lasers are around a kilowatt i highly, highly doubt that for a handheld gun lol

Yeah the thing a lot of people don't really seem to get about Star Wars is that it is not sci-fi and therefore doesn't even pretend like it's universe functions anything like ours. It's high fantasy in space pure and simple.