mobow213

Did i miss the gen con news

46 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, PartyPotato said:

Did anyone else read this as "Whoops we didn't meet our deadline"?

I mean why else would you NOT give an update at arguably your most followed press release of the year?

Limited time, too many games, and priorities. Armada is in no danger of not selling, so they focused on the games that don't have as much steam behind them already.

Which isn't to say it isn't crappy to ignore us... But we're also not the only ones that got totally ignored at the event.

CaribbeanNinja likes this

I think I heard word on the street is they were late on their deadlines to get something together for GenCon? Who knows though.. It's very well possible they instead reveal something on Force Friday, though.

54 minutes ago, GalacticFister said:

I think I heard word on the street is they were late on their deadlines to get something together for GenCon? Who knows though.. It's very well possible they instead reveal something on Force Friday, though.

From Playtesters, I've heard that, essentially, 2 waves are already basically done and wrapped up...  And BoxArt for at least one was finalised as well.

So probably just spacing things out, giving more focus on what "needs" it.

31 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

From Playtesters, I've heard that, essentially, 2 waves are already basically done and wrapped up...  And BoxArt for at least one was finalised as well.

So probably just spacing things out, giving more focus on what "needs" it.

I'm not that surprised, but I am glad to hear it. I'm just bummed we didn't get any new info because I love theorycrafting with my buddies and lately the conversations have been getting a bit dull.

GrandAdmiralCrunch likes this

20 hours ago, GalacticFister said:

I'm not that surprised, but I am glad to hear it. I'm just bummed we didn't get any new info because I love theorycrafting with my buddies and lately the conversations have been getting a bit dull.

You could always check out the Legion forums. Plenty of talk going on there. Granted most of it's just people complaining that they can't use IA figs in Legion but there's plenty of it.

Reiryc and Tiberius the Killer like this

21 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

You could always check out the Legion forums. Plenty of talk going on there. Granted most of it's just people complaining that they can't use IA figs in Legion but there's plenty of it.

I do wonder about the future of IA. Is the app going to signal the end of that system the way it did for Descent 2.0? Is Legion here to take over from the skirmish mode? 

No sky-is-falling, just curious.

From my limited experience on the forums, I have to say I've found the Armada fans to be the most civilised.

I think that FFG knew they didn't have to appease this community out of fear for their lives. Whereas other communities have their unpleasant minority who would light their torches and sharpen their pitchforks; this community has actually responded very positively, getting down to the fun of theorising and wish listing.

Armada fans are a credit to Star Wars fandom and I can't wait to get into this game.

I'm sure whatever the "something" is it'll be awesome. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

From my limited experience on the forums, I have to say I've found the Armada fans to be the most civilised.

I think that FFG knew they didn't have to appease this community out of fear for their lives. Whereas other communities have their unpleasant minority who would light their torches and sharpen their pitchforks; this community has actually responded very positively, getting down to the fun of theorising and wish listing.

Armada fans are a credit to Star Wars fandom and I can't wait to get into this game.

We weren't always so civilized, but I'm glad you think we are!

6 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Either the board is acting up today, or my phone is. Either way, it's getting on my nerves

Might be both.

I've had problems moving between topics and communities, and my phone keyboard is being a pain. Don't get me started on the internet speed.

:rolleyes:

Try not to let our glorious technological age get to you.

GrandAdmiralCrunch likes this

1 minute ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

Might be both.

I've had problems moving between topics and communities, and my phone keyboard is being a pain. Don't get me started on the internet speed.

:rolleyes:

Try not to let our glorious technological age get to you.

I've tried posting various pictures and gifts, using several different methods, but the board keeps dumping them. 

Serenity Now!

Tommy Blunderbuss likes this

As a backup to the civilised forums comments. Go look at the IA forums people are really annoyed with FFG for Legion being 32mm vs 28mm in IA.

I'm sure they are. mainly because they can't use their IA mini's with Legion. Since I have yet to see anything from FFG about scale yet they need to just breathe and wait and see like the rest of us.

as for the play tester comment if that is true than we may have a New Starter set coming. if that's the case I am hoping for clone wars.

if they are working on "Epic Play" then the clone wars are a good resource for the Rebels to obtain ships that might last more than 2 minutes against Big E and her sisters.

cynanbloodbane likes this

2 hours ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

... You've clearly never met The Admiral, Admiral Nelson that is.

3 hours ago, solaria said:

I'm sure they are. mainly because they can't use their IA mini's with Legion. Since I have yet to see anything from FFG about scale yet they need to just breathe and wait and see like the rest of us.

as for the play tester comment if that is true than we may have a New Starter set coming. if that's the case I am hoping for clone wars.

if they are working on "Epic Play" then the clone wars are a good resource for the Rebels to obtain ships that might last more than 2 minutes against Big E and her sisters.

From Sorastro's painting video we can see that the Luke figure is bigger than the IA one, we further see this when he did a picture of the two side by side. They aren't the same scale but give it a few days and people will get the complaining out of their system. I'm still more disappointed it isn't a large scale game focused on vehicles, like an armada style game but with AT-ATs and the like for a grand land battle but I think Legion looks fun and depending on what makes up Wave 1 might give it a shot/buy in. 

A new starter for Armada would be interesting, if they went with the prequel era, I don't think there is enough material for a sequel era game yet and that it would just end up welded onto the current factions instead. Though I also would have to rise the issue of how much material the prequel era ships could get since unlike the original trilogy which is getting more content via the games, comics, and rebels the Clone Wars have been left behind to start pushing newer stuff. 

In the end I'm just looking forward to any news for Armada, and hopefully we will hear something by force firday. 

Last Jedi content coming to Armada. Hence the delay until September. Maybe even with a new core set with different minis for First Order and Resistance.

Pure speculation, but I could get behind that.

Tommy Blunderbuss likes this

I have been waiting for a large scale Ground combat game also. that's the main reason I have not played IA yet.

if they should do a Sequel starter for Armada I would think we will be teased about it until the Last Jedi release's. although I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I do wonder about the future of IA. Is the app going to signal the end of that system the way it did for Descent 2.0? Is Legion here to take over from the skirmish mode? 

No sky-is-falling, just curious.

I can't speak for everywhere,  but i’m pretty sure there are no skirmish groups in the San Francisco area.   That's a pretty severe issue.   What I do know is that people run the campaign missions at nearly every gaming con I've been too.  So the app is a strong contender for most important upcoming release. 

6 hours ago, Mundo said:

Last Jedi content coming to Armada. Hence the delay until September. Maybe even with a new core set with different minis for First Order and Resistance.

Pure speculation, but I could get behind that.

God please no! Mostly because they would definitely wrap in some awesome upgrade cards so I shall have them. Then the mod3ls would go into the cupboard as I would never play them on principle...