Sign in to follow this  
Hepitude

Do we get any updates today?

Or maybe they've given up on we Runewars fans? ?

Edit: I think they have! It's 21:30 here and I'm almost finished work. The updates are normally out around dinner time for me. ☹️

Edited by Muz333

I don't think we will get any news today, with Gencon only ended yesterday.  I sure everyone who works for a gaming company that went is taking the day.  Only thing that went up today was X-wing release already announced at Gencon.  

FFG is really going to be pushing and marketing Legions for the foreseeable future. As a result I suspect that will have an impact on the frequency of Runewars news and articles going forward as it will be moved to the back burner in terms of priorities.  

15 hours ago, Braneric said:

It's probably going to take a day or two for the staff to decompress.  Gen Con is enormous and with a booth as popular as it is I'm sure they're all exhausted.

I would agree let them have a couple days, if they gave ANY kind of information about RW instead of "we're doing well, there is a lot to come".

You'd think after a disappointing Gencon for Runewars players they'd at least throw us a bone and give us a Monday update. Maybe something this week? At least I have elf painting to tide me over...

41 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

I mean Runewars has gotten an article every week for almost 5 months now.  That's an incredible stretch.

I think the big deal, is the biggest event, that typically announces the most stuff had 0 things for Runewars. every week for 5 months is great, but if we get no news at the biggest reveal event of the year. It's a tough pill to swallow, especially when the first week we haven't received something after 5 months is the week after the goose-egg of an event. I don't expect the pace to keep up, but don't leave us out to dry right after nothing from such a major event. At least assuage our wounds with some more news about Uthuk ;)

2 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

I think the big deal, is the biggest event, that typically announces the most stuff had 0 things for Runewars. every week for 5 months is great, but if we get no news at the biggest reveal event of the year. It's a tough pill to swallow, especially when the first week we haven't received something after 5 months is the week after the goose-egg of an event. I don't expect the pace to keep up, but don't leave us out to dry right after nothing from such a major event. At least assuage our wounds with some more news about Uthuk ;)

I think FFG has taken a lot of flak over the years announcing things for existing games well before they are ready to hit stores.  I've noticed that more frequently lately they wait u til closer to release.  It is possible that there are too many variables in the process for what is upcoming past what we know and they don't wanna upset fans.

4 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

I think FFG has taken a lot of flak over the years announcing things for existing games well before they are ready to hit stores.  I've noticed that more frequently lately they wait u til closer to release.  It is possible that there are too many variables in the process for what is upcoming past what we know and they don't wanna upset fans.

I get it, I just think SOMETHING should have been saved for Gencon, even if it meant not revealing the most recent post. Maybe give us a blank the week before Gen Con and give us something after. They owe us nothing, I get that. I just think everyone's expectations are high to receive some news and the news we received was nothing. A lot to come, we already knew that much. I think that's the frustration. Personally I'm just waiting for Death Knights, and then Uthuk is next thing I'll get. I don't expect much news, but I just think planning should have been made so that there is something. And who knows maybe they're building up our frustration to let out major news today or later this week. Time will tell.