Duke2000

1st Place North American Championship (Gencon) battle report

54 posts in this topic

NOVAOpen, a wargaming convention here in MD/VA/DC area.

Surge abilities can be used as many times as you have the surges to activate them, unless they use the Unique Surge symbol, seen on some of the new Latari units. Surge+ just denotes that each activation of it can use variable numbers of surges. (RRG page 18, 80.1 bullet 2) With Combat Ingenuity dropping the surge cost on the Archers' blight ability, plus the surge on the dial, generally you are getting a minimum of 2, and up to 4 per archer unit.

Yeah, losing the banner before getting there sucks, but if you keep your archers within range 1-3 of the Reanimate block I ran, Ardus grabs the archers' surge ability as well, including the reduced cost. So he can throw out some blight too.

Bhelliom and Budgernaut like this

1 hour ago, Glucose98 said:

Super interested to know if you remember if that 3x2 Rune Golems ran any upgrades? 

I fooled around with a list like that for a minute, and ended up squeezing a Wind Rune onto the Golems.  

2 hours ago, schizoscifi said:

Surge abilities can be used as many times as you have the surges to activate them, unless they use the Unique Surge symbol, seen on some of the new Latari units. Surge+ just denotes that each activation of it can use variable numbers of surges. (RRG page 18, 80.1 bullet 2) With Combat Ingenuity dropping the surge cost on the Archers' blight ability, plus the surge on the dial, generally you are getting a minimum of 2, and up to 4 per archer unit.

Yeah, losing the banner before getting there sucks, but if you keep your archers within range 1-3 of the Reanimate block I ran, Ardus grabs the archers' surge ability as well, including the reduced cost. So he can throw out some blight too.

Funny enough when I saw NOVA my first thought was Northern Virginia (I'm originally from Stafford).

Yeah, I haven't ran much Ardus in a block, did it once made a couple early mistakes and never lived long enough to even regret it :P

Really like the build though will be trying it out. I'm ready for a blight party!!

3 hours ago, schizoscifi said:

Another mind blown!! Maro can heal more than once per turn, I always thought that was crap and pointless.