Kyle Ren

Enough ships from Star Wars: Galaxies?

Just now, DarthEnderX said:

Same, I would have infinitely preferred the TIE/fo being a TIE Fighter title instead of a separate ship.

Actually, that would be one step too far. The TIE/LN has a to different paintjob compared to the first order themed ones. Now the visual visible difference between the TIE/FO and the TIE/SF is a small red line on the back, basically marking the turret. I literally mix them up on the board on regular base, because they look so identical. 

BTW I would not mind a TIE/rc using the TIE/ln models either. :)

1 minute ago, SEApocalypse said:

Actually, that would be one step too far. The TIE/LN has a to different paintjob compared to the first order themed ones.

But it's literally just that...paint.  Paint means nothing in XWM.  There's nothing to prevent me from putting a bunch of Alpha Squadron pilots in red Interceptors, even though none of them are flying Royal Guard TIEs.

TIE/fo should have just been a TIE Fighter title that gave them a shield, a tech slot and Target Lock.

At least the TIE/sf's aux arc requires a different base token, which justifies a separate ship.

15 minutes ago, VaeVictis said:

I see no TIE Avenger. This statement is thus unequivocally false.

Nor do I see the N1 which was flown in SWG which was post Battle of Yavin.

latest?cb=20071216103314

If we are getting the Kimo, Scyk, Decimator, TIE Aggressor, etc., there is no reason why the N1 is off the table.

Edited by kris40k

7 hours ago, kris40k said:

Nor do I see the N1 which was flown in SWG which was post Battle of Yavin.

No no. You see, he said all the things we could want. Not some chrome plated banana tadpole from the prequels.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:16 AM, markcsoul said:

I guess if they want to keep mining that game that's fine, but as I've said in other threads I really wish they'd start doing more canon ships first.

Two years ago I would have agreed with you there.

Now, after seeing all the unimaginative, uninspired, blocky, "new" canon designs, I can't.

I am starting to believe that old EU designers felt forced themselves to create new ships that were unique but at the same time able to fit next to the OT designs, and visually interesting and worthy to stand next to them, and bring something new. They were going to be judged by how their designs were compared to the movie ones! They felt the pressure!

Today, new canon designs are so lazy that make me think that they take for granted that they are as genius as the OT designs just because they are canonical from the get go. The best designs that have come out of Rebels are those that are directly rescued from the EU: Interdictors, TIE Defender, YT-2400... The rest is either made with boxes stacked together or, as they say above, done in the Spore game ship editor.
I will not even mention the Sequel Trilogy movies becase they don't even try there to hide a total and intentional lack of originality, in most cases using designs that were not good enough for Lucas to get past concept art phase.

Edited by Azrapse

10 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Yep. Talking about the same thing. I want it.

Guess I should have clarified "we" as being "people with good taste who don't hate all the good things about Star Wars and embrace the awful stuff that happened in the 90s"  I mean some of you I'm sure embrace Han Solo stepping on Jabba or Greedo shooting first.

My bad.

Edited by VaeVictis

10 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Two years ago I would have agreed with you there.

Now, after seeing all the unimaginative, uninspired, blocky, "new" canon designs, I can't.

I am starting to believe that old EU designers felt forced themselves to create new ships that were unique but at the same time able to fit next to the OT designs, and visually interesting and worthy to stand next to them, and bring something new. They were going to be judged by how their designs were compared to the movie ones! They felt the pressure!

Today, new canon designs are so lazy that make me think that they take for granted that they are as genius as the OT designs just because they are canonical from the get go. The best designs that have come out of Rebels are those that are directly rescued from the EU: Interdictors, TIE Defender, YT-2400... The rest is either made with boxes stacked together or, as they say above, done in the Spore game ship editor.
I will not even mention the Sequel Trilogy movies becase they don't even try there to hide a total and intentional lack of originality, in most cases using designs that were not good enough for Lucas to get past concept art phase.

This. ^

38 minutes ago, VaeVictis said:

Guess I should have clarified "we" as being "people with good taste who don't hate all the good things about Star Wars and embrace the awful stuff that happened in the 90s"  I mean some of you I'm sure embrace Han Solo stepping on Jabba or Greedo shooting first.

My bad.

Wow. Went from presumptuous to douch in nothing flat. #HanShotFirst

Edited by SabineKey