Kyle Ren

Enough ships from Star Wars: Galaxies?

Ok, so I shouldn't be complaining because now with the Gunboat we have all the goodies we could want from the old X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc. PC games. But do you think that now with the Scyk, the Kihraxz, and now the Caligula Fighter, we have too many ships from Galaxies? Happy to be proven wrong. I just feel like nobody here seems to have actually played that game, and it seems weird that this one game is so dominating the scum faction.

Edit: cool! Looks like people do in fact like these ships! See my retraction here:

The nickname "Caligula Fighter" stays though! ;) 

Edited by Kieransi

No. As more waves come out, the number of viable new options will decline. Outlawing a source of new ships for the game just because they already got ships from there is a bad business practice. Plus, you also have fans of Galaxies who like having ships that they used in game present in X-Wing. In the end, it all boils down to who has nostalgia for what.

10 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Galaxies had consistently good ship design in a way the E.U. often did not. i think thats the main pull

It didn't though. All the Galaxy ships that have been released are the ugliest things in the game, bar none. 

So yes, let us cease with the trashy Galaxy ships and in fact cease with the trash ships in general (including that  ugly grey mess that is the Assault Gun boat). 

6 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

It didn't though. All the Galaxy ships that have been released are the ugliest things in the game, bar none. 

So yes, let us cease with the trashy Galaxy ships and in fact cease with the trash ships in general (including that  ugly grey mess that is the Assault Gun boat). 

Part of it is that the ships are ugly, but I think a lot of the blame falls on the less talented 3D modelers that are sculpting them. The weird riveted panels and wires (and that awful swooping thing on the Khiraxz) on the Galaxies ships and the Auzituck really detract from the overall look. I think if someone decent was doing the ships, they'd look half decent.

59 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

blatant lies. Kimogila and Kihraxz are the second and third best-looking ships in Scum, respectively. Scyk is somewhere in the middle.

Funny, I find the Rebels ships far uglier and more generic looking than the Galaxies ships. The Ghost itself looks cool, but the rest are kind of bland and generic sci-fi-ish. The Lancer looks like something made in Spore.

The Kimogila looks awesome imho, enough to make me want to play scum.

Edited by Jadotch

Ok, so galaxies gave us the Decimator (SEXY AS ****), (I MEAN REALLY, GORGEOUS). Syck(don't dislike it), Kimo (sexy!), TIE Aggressor (Also nice, nice) and the Khiraxz (meh to that version). It doesn't have many ships left to give us. Only the Duny and maybe the larger gunships are really worth it now. Duny would be good.

TIE Fighter would be a more minable source of cool ships, what with R-41s, T-wings and TIE Avengers.

Edit. So, it kept sexy  which i counted on being censored, but it censored h e l l. WTF...

Edited by DariusAPB

For a time, SWG was the biggest mmo out there, and it's still the best. 

You can even still play JTL on Legends server. 

I won't be happy until every ship from SWG is in this game. I finally bought into x-wing after the decimator was released. I'll keep buying as long as they keep releasing SWG ships. 

On top of all the player usable ships that I usually list, there's another horde of random unique looking freighters and gunships that would also be great for this game that you shot at and protected in SWG.

SWG is the best source for X-Wing! 

SWG!!!!

I hated the Galaxies ship designs when the game came out. But they've grown on me a little. Well, some of them have...

BTW it's not just the Scyk, Khiraxz, and Kimogila, but also the TIE Aggressor (*shudders* so horrid), and Demolisher. It's the single-most borrowed piece of EU. Funnily enough, they've technically only borrowed two ships from the namesake X-Wing series of games (TIE Defender and now the XG-1).

Edited by Knightcrawler

3 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Ok, so I shouldn't be complaining because now with the Gunboat we have all the goodies we could want from the old X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc. PC games. But do you think that now with the Scyk, the Kihraxz, and now the Caligula Fighter, we have too many ships from Galaxies? Happy to be proven wrong. I just feel like nobody here seems to have actually played that game, and it seems weird that this one game is so dominating the scum faction.

I played SWG for a long time and absolutely loved JTL as a freelance pilot, so I love seeing ships I flew in that showing up in the game.

4 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

I want the Rihkxyrk next.  Ixiyen we'll see if we get.  It looks quite similar to the kihraxz visually

The back half looks a bit like the kihraxz. The front half, depending on style, looks like a bit like the rihkxyrk.

I hope it's next too.

When pickinp up ship for the next wave, you also have to consider what are the lack in the faction.
Bomber was the last on scum doesn't have and now have the Scrrug.
Empire got now acces to the turret with Agressor.

This new wave bring an alternative rebel shuttle (so the ghost as another option) and 2 heavy fighter.

Shouldn't we ask for new acces with ability to be really "joust ship" at reasonnable cost ?

5 hours ago, taulover55 said:

Mining guild tie ;)

Yes please!  It's about time Scum got a useless release.

Although knowing FFG's track record with Scum ships, the Mining Guild TIE would probably be 10pts and would have an EPT, two Illicits, two bomb slots, and a torp slot on the PS3 generic (it's lowest PS generic)...