Wondergecko

GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat

40 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I had always thought of it as a small base ship.  But in the large base role, it would be the perfect answer to "large base Imp ship that is not a shuttle."

That being said, the only role I need it to fill is kewlness in my game.

And Mara Jade, Hand of the Empire as pilot.

Same on the size thing. I was actually really surprised when I found out it's length. 

And Mara Jade better be on it.

8 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/ff/IPV1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060303205332

the IPV-1, our next Imp Huge ship.   I would love to see this thing on the table with some Skiprays.  Bringing back that WEG stuff.

IPV-1 is one of the huge few ships that should be available to all 3 factions. Just give it 1-2 titles that are faction specific.

19 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/ff/IPV1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060303205332

the IPV-1, our next Imp Huge ship.   I would love to see this thing on the table with some Skiprays.  Bringing back that WEG stuff.

I would also like to see the Customs Corvette:

imperial_customs_light_corvette_ortho__n

11 hours ago, MajorWesJanson said:

IPV-1 is one of the huge few ships that should be available to all 3 factions. Just give it 1-2 titles that are faction specific.

Or the Corellian Gunship.

latest?cb=20100601032851

On 8/26/2017 at 2:44 PM, GrimmyV said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what WEG-created content we've gotten as ships so far?

Edited by Wondergecko
Spelling

This is the ship I preferred as it brings back fond memories of the West Ends RPG which should get through Story Group pretty easily.  Since Scum gets all the love this should benefit the Imperials.

Here is to hoping.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, Wondergecko said:

Welp, it worked for the Starwing, so I'd love to see if there's some love for the noble Blastboat. Personally, this was always a favorite ship of mine -- a sturdy, hard-hitting assault craft with a good variety of weapons and a roomy cabin that actually makes sense for a picket ship.

It's a badass little ship, and in lore it was supposed to be occasionally classified as a small capital ship due to the output of its reactor. Game mechanic-wise, perhaps this could mean it gets energy tokens, like an epic ship. Anyways, who else is clamoring for this?

Image result for myrkr skipray blastboat Image result for myrkr skipray blastboat

I'm not personally interested in getting one, but like the other ships I'll support this topic and make sure the topic doesn't become forgotten.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:45 PM, GrimmyV said:

Z-95....

Interdictor and Victory for Armada.

i think that's it.

Well, I think at this point we have to thank Rebels for reintroducting the Interdictor, but the Victory is pure old school EU/WEG.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:45 PM, GrimmyV said:

Z-95....

Interdictor and Victory for Armada.

i think that's it.

Assault Frigate Mk II in Armada was originally a WEG invention as well.

I can't remember if the K-Wing showed up anywhere else first, for that matter.

WEG invented far more capital ships and freighters than they did fighters, though.

On 29/08/2017 at 1:45 AM, GrimmyV said:

Z-95....

The Headhunter predates WEG's Star Wars RPG.  It originates in 1979's Han Solo at Star's End as a collection of fighters so antiquated that Han is more than a little concerned about flying one.  If I recall correctly, and I may not, Han and his compatriots steal them from a musiem before using them in a raid on the Corporate Sector Authority.

9 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

The Headhunter predates WEG's Star Wars RPG.  It originates in 1979's Han Solo at Star's End as a collection of fighters so antiquated that Han is more than a little concerned about flying one.  If I recall correctly, and I may not, Han and his compatriots steal them from a musiem before using them in a raid on the Corporate Sector Authority.

"This belongs in a museum!" 

2 hours ago, Major Tom said:

But it was also this Version of the Z-95:

350?cb=20091101221817

WEG gave it the X-Wing-Predecessor-Look.

3 hours ago, Pilot Tho Makk said:

What would a GAT-12  Skipray Blastboat bring to the game?

What makes THIS a must have inclusion to the range that FFG will have no choice but to make the expansion?

Imperials need a solid, large gunship to run interference for some of their aces that isn't a Shuttle, doesn't cost more than half the list like a Decimater, and performs better than a Firespray. The Blastboat could supply that if modeled after the Lancer-class persuit craft. In the lore, it is outfitted with torpedos, missiles, and cannon upgrades. It could take a turret slot or be a PWT, but I think the mobile arc is a better mechanic. 

I must admit, I've always thought the Imperials were short on big ships. So many Ties, so few.....anything else really. So it'd be great on those merits alone.

With a mobile arc and a lot of firepower I'd certainly be tempted to pick up a Skippy.....or a few.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, Major Tom said:

Well yes, the Z-95 appeared in print many years before WEG used some even older production art to give the Headhunter a visual representation.  I believe the designation of the last production run was AF-4, while the original run was the Mark 1 they Han flew in Stars End.

55 minutes ago, Pilot Tho Makk said:

I think instead of calling it the Skipray Blastboat, it should be called: "Skippy"

What sort of dial and stats would Skippy have?

No speed two, all speed one and speed three. Also it can only go left by banking and right with hard turns.

On 8/25/2017 at 5:26 AM, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

Its not a modern atmosphere.  It's the atmosphere belonging to Arda at the end of the third age/start of the fourth age in the first coming of Ea.  So there.

That was kinda my point actually lol