TheShard

Trying to build a cocky character for a fighter (astromech?)

8 posts in this topic

So I'm looking to build for a star fighter group. 

My initial concept is a cocky astromech Hotshot/? Probably quarter master, as I'm I'd like him to be a face, but have it more to do with acquiring gear (or illicit booze) for the squad. 

However it seems like a 1 will it's a bad idea for a hotshot. And I don't have much room between a 4 in agil and a 3 in presence.

Also astromech only actions seem to shine more as an assistant rather Than the main pilot... Sucks

So maybe I should do him as a sullastan?

Second thing would be to give up on the pilot thing and make him aquartermaster/? Gunner or rigger? 

That seems more ideal for an astromech.... Any thoughts?

I'd say that astromechs are not very good at being faces, narrativly , there's nothing mechanical preventing it. So I would think that if you want quartermaster you would want to go Sullustian.

I'd also say, that for picking your spec it would be important to know what the other players starting specs are. Otherwise, if you don't mind a bit of overlap then just go with the spec you like the most.

This isn't even a strong game mechanics case, I just really don't know which one of the kinda charecters id like to play

I like the Hotshot/ Rigger combo, as a concept. Another idea could be pairing Driver or Fringer with Trader (all Explorer specs).

5 hours ago, TheShard said:

So I'm looking to build for a star fighter group. 

My initial concept is a cocky astromech Hotshot/? Probably quarter master, as I'm I'd like him to be a face, but have it more to do with acquiring gear (or illicit booze) for the squad. 

However it seems like a 1 will it's a bad idea for a hotshot. And I don't have much room between a 4 in agil and a 3 in presence.

Also astromech only actions seem to shine more as an assistant rather Than the main pilot... Sucks

So maybe I should do him as a sullastan?

Second thing would be to give up on the pilot thing and make him aquartermaster/? Gunner or rigger? 

That seems more ideal for an astromech.... Any thoughts?

I think the idea of an Astromech Hotshot pilot/Face is a great idea, very outside the box. As for the 1 Will issue. I don't see a problem with it. Hotshots tend to have short fuses and a lack of discipline This could easily be represented by a low Willpower.