Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dietz057

Twin Troopers Podcast: Interview with Jake Petersen

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This has been one of the best episodes that I have listened to from all of the imperial assault podcasts. 

I really enjoyed the practical tips for game players awful level. 

Can you please clarify what you were talking about around minute 12 when you were talking about line of sight and hiding from line of sight?

Edited by robertpolson
ThatJakeGuy likes this

23 hours ago, robertpolson said:

This has been one of the best episodes that I have listened to from all of the imperial assault podcasts. 

I really enjoyed the practical tips for game players awful level. 

Can you please clarify what you were talking about around minute 12 when you were talking about line of sight and hiding from line of sight?

I appreciate the kind words, glad we could help :)

That was probably the part where we talked about adjacent corners. If you are tracing line of sight from one corner on the shooter to 2 corners on the shootee, those 2 corners must be next to each other (you can't target a space when the only corners you can trace are diagonal from each other).

ryanjamal likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

I appreciate the kind words, glad we could help :)

That was probably the part where we talked about adjacent corners. If you are tracing line of sight from one corner on the shooter to 2 corners on the shootee, those 2 corners must be next to each other (you can't target a space when the only corners you can trace are diagonal from each other).

I believe you can trace line of sight to two diagonal corners but they can't be drawn along the same line. This happens sometimes when you are threading the needle between some units or blocking terrain.

Edit - I was wrong and apparently I don't know how to read.

Edited by TheUnsullied

15 minutes ago, ThatJakeGuy said:

I actually had this called on me and checked in the RRG: the lines have to be traced to ADJACENT corners

Weird. I think I used to know that but there's so many little nuances to this game. Thanks for the reminder!

ThatJakeGuy likes this

Yeah, I had that happen in a game somewhat recently and that blew my mind.  Up until that point I never knew.  It hardly ever comes up, but it's a strange little rule that's often overlooked.

-ryanjamal

TheUnsullied and ThatJakeGuy like this

Jake is definitely a great resource for the game - new gamers and old alike. And I gotta say he's great at getting people connected - I know my Worlds experience would have been half as awesome if not for meeting Jake the night before the tournament and hanging with everyone to practice and get to know some people!

And yeah, the adjacent corners rule is in there and it definitely is one of those things that the first time it was pointed out to me I was like "Wait what? How did I miss that?" - super easy to read that section and skip that one little word :)