DarthDude

The day after (GenCon)

16 posts in this topic

Now that the FFG staff is finishing the cleanup after GenCon, there is hope that more official bits of information will be showered on us. The char sheets set the expectation on a high level but questions about the how certain aspects are created/handled, what is setting agnostic and what is specific Terrinoth are multiplying by the hour.

What I've seen from the sheets seems to promise a high grade of freedom in Genesys to easily adapt the core mechanics to every setting you can imagine without much work. To which degree is what we see basic Genesys and what might be (heavily) modified? We'll have to see.

If Genesys wil be going to the printers in October, as one source told, the system might be actually finished by September, so not that long of a wait any more. 

1 hour ago, DarthGM said:

The "October to the printers" source is inaccurate. If it only gets to the printers in October, we wouldn't get it until Q1 2018.

Optimism, gentlemen, optimisn :D 

8 hours ago, Blackbird888 said:

I noticed on the character sheets that Coordination seemed to be tied with Presence (although the pictures are kind of blurry). Was that a thing?

The Alyse Raine character sheet is the clearest image and it definitely has Coordination (PR).  But all the other skills linked to Presence have (Pr)  so there is at least one typo there. I don't really understand the change and it could just be a typo. I can see a need to reduce the Agility dominance and wanting to have another skill linked to Presence seems reasonable, but coordination? I would have thought:

Stealth(Cun)

Streetwise(Pr)

would be a better change if balance was the reason.

@DarthGM do you have input?

DarthDude likes this

4 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

I can see a need to reduce the Agility dominance and wanting to have another skill linked to Presence seems reasonable, but coordination? I would have thought:

I would think removing having Riding instead of two piloting skills, one Ranged skill instead of two, and no Gunnery would have helped a bit. Coordination has always been the red-headed stepchild of skills to begin with, but I don't see how changing it to anything would help.

DarthDude and Richardbuxton like this

1 hour ago, Richardbuxton said:

The Alyse Raine character sheet is the clearest image and it definitely has Coordination (PR).  But all the other skills linked to Presence have (Pr)  so there is at least one typo there. I don't really understand the change and it could just be a typo. I can see a need to reduce the Agility dominance and wanting to have another skill linked to Presence seems reasonable, but coordination? I would have thought:

Stealth(Cun)

Streetwise(Pr)

would be a better change if balance was the reason.

@DarthGM do you have input?

I assumed that was a typo and ran with that.

Richardbuxton and DarthDude like this

5 minutes ago, Grimmerling said:

Defence?!

Yes!!! What where the limited rules covered in the module?

We can at least see that Defensive 2 from a Shield and Defensive 1 from Sword stack, but what else? 

How does cover work?

DarthDude likes this

3 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Yes!!! What where the limited rules covered in the module?

We can at least see that Defensive 2 from a Shield and Defensive 1 from Sword stack, but what else? 

How does cover work?

Cover works the same as it does currently; it granted Ranged Defense 1 or Ranged Defense 2 if it was improved cover. So, it doesn't stack with armor, but does stack with Deflection weapons (i.e. shields).

So, if I understand it: armor or cover offers a base defense, while weapon qualities all add defense on top of it, and not just from one weapon, but all carried?

DarthDude likes this

2 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

So, if I understand it: armor or cover offers a base defense, while weapon qualities all add defense on top of it, and not just from one weapon, but all carried?

Bingo.

24 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

Alright. I think that's what most people do anyway. I wonder how the defense raising talents will work. Just raise defense, most likely.

In all likelihood, they'll be additive.

The rules packet mentioned defense can never exceed 4. I wonder if this will be hard rule in the final version, or maybe defense talents will raise that limit?

Richardbuxton likes this