mlolcu

Basic game + Force Pack

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have just buyed the main box, providing 48 cards for every player.

If I buy one expansion, for example one force pack of 60 cards, how do I combine it with the main deck?

Does every player choose 48 cards both from main deck AND from force pack?

Thank you very much for support.

A normal deck runs at least 10 objective sets (so 10 cards in the objective deck and 50 cards in the command deck).  So, for instance, the LS player would pick 10 objective sets from the 7 Jedi, 7 Rebel, 1 Smuggler, and 3 Neutral sets in the core set plus whatever options are included in the force pack you choose.

One thing to note is that the force pack will include 2 copies of any given objective set and you CAN include 2 copies of an objective set in your deck unless the objective says it's limit 1 (eg Reconnaissance Mission in the core set).

Full deck building rules can be found on page 28 of the rule book.

Enjoy the game!

Dear friend,

if I buy all the force packs from Rogue Squadron cycle then a player can choose 10 objectives both from the main deck (the one in the Star Wars LCG box) AND from every Rogue Squadron force pack I added to the game?

Mant thanks again, :) Star Wars LCG is a great game!

You choose at least 10 objectives which can be mixed from any products you want.  Could be all from Rogue Squadron.  Could have 9 from Rogue Squadron and 1 from Core.  Could even play more than 10 objective sets if you really wanted to, though that's unusual.

Does that answer your question?

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, dbmeboy said:

You choose at least 10 objectives which can be mixed from any products you want.

So could I use only 2 force packs from Rogue Squadron and no card from Core?

Would be the game anyway balanced?

In this way I could play full immersion games into Rogue Squadron, Hoth or Endor feelings :)

Sincerely

Edited by mlolcu

Correct, you could build 2 decks with just 2 force packs.  You'd have to be careful which packs though.  Since every pack has 5 unique objective sets (2 copies of each), it has to split 3/2 or 2/3 LS/DS.  So with 2 force packs you could end up with a 5/5 split on LS/DS objective sets, but you could also end up split 6/4 and only able to build a deck on one side.

That said, I would not recommend trying to build decks with just 2 force packs and no other cards.  You'll be split across all 3 affiliations, which will make resource match when paying for cards difficult.  You also won't necessarily have much synergy between your sets.  That said, it would probably still be *balanced* since both your LS and DS decks built that way would face the same problems.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that the main online community for the game uses cardgamedb instead of this site.  That is mostly secondary to FFG's forums being constantly broken when the game first launched.