Kieransi

[speculation thread] Imperial Assault cards in Destiny?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think a number of us on the forum have realized that several of the weapons and upgrades in this game seem to be taken directly from Imperial Assault! Here's a few pictures as examples:

latest?cb=20150723044714dl-44.pnglatest?cb=20150911085022latest?cb=20150911085927

I can't seem to find a picture for IA's Holdout Blaster...

So does anyone have any speculation as to what other Imperial Assault weapons might show up in this game?

And how might those weapons be adapted for this game? A number of the Imperial Assault cards are really cool, and I was wondering how  they could be incorporated into this game!

Edited by Kieransi

26 minutes ago, Stu35 said:

All of them. FFG recycles artwork like it's going out of fashion.

This, I was going through my LCG cards earlier for deck building and I saw a lot of recycled art work that I thought was newer. It is expected.

Back on topic, for those who have Imperial Assault, do you see any artwork from it that is currently missing from Destiny but would make a lot of sense.  I don't own Imperial Assault, but I have dabbled in it a little.  I seem to remeber a couple different lightsabers and medpack that might fit into the game.  There were also hilts and scopes and a variety of weapons that might not be present in destiny.

Rubenito88 and Kieransi like this

Yeah, I'd just be interested to see how they'd adapt some of the stuff from that game! For example, Offhand Blaster lets you perform a free, weak attack:

swi32_hero-class_off-hand-blaster.png

So how would this be adapted to Destiny? Maybe a mini-FN2199 ability of "when you play this upgrade, you may immediately roll its dice into your pool." And then weak dice sides, like 1 range, 1 range, +1 range, resource, blank, blank. And then it only costs one resource?

I would make it an event. Before your opponent resolves a character or upgrade dice you may deal 1 damage, if this defeats that character remove all of its dice from the pool.

Kieransi likes this

Maybe of IG-88 got his upgrade 'fix' card equivalent in Destiny he'd also not suck anymore! ;)

Posted (edited)

Hmm... that's interesting!

3.jpg.f21ff59420098ed2ab63454a1477c82d.j

How would such a thing be done in Destiny? In effect, what this does is allows him to gain extra health, movement, and attack, at the cost of not being able to heal himself. I'm not sure all that could be done with one card, but it might be interesting to have a card like the following:

Focused on the Kill

upgrade, cost 2 (no dice)

Before attached character would suffer damage, you may discard this card to block up to two of that damage. You may then roll one of your attached character or upgrade dice into your pool. 

It especially helps Iggy, because he can play it for free, and then it increases both his survivability and damage output!

Edited by Kieransi

Just a note in art work. I have a buddy that has done work for L5R (back in the day) other CCGs and board games.  While the prices can vary WIDLEY, I believe he would get between around a grand ($500-$1,000 US) for each piece.  SO, each piece of art work you are looking at, did take someone a fair amount of time and FFG and others have paid a decent price for them. 

I know the OP was not complaining of this, it's just perspective.

Kieransi likes this

Imperial Assault, RPG, X-Wing, Etc.,

At this point I'm more surprised when I see a new piece of FFG art than recycled art.

And it gets a little confusing when you play most of their SW games....

KryatDragon likes this

Wingman is the same exact art as wingman from x wing. I don't think you will find much correlation between the two, just that they are in universe weapons and they already had images for it.

I believe that FFG's basic art policy is reuse when possible, and only create new art if it's needed/appropriate (which makes sense).

As weapon art is always going to be pretty generic, there's really no reason not to reuse the same art. So you can pretty much expect to see a lot of weapons recycled if they are already established. E.g. most of the IA heroes have 'generic' weapons rather than specific make/models, so we might see recycled art but they probably won't be under the same name. But you've got stuff like the various weapons used by the ESB bounty hunters that will probably be one of the go to options for Yellow villain upgrades.

4 hours ago, Saltystig said:

I'd be be okay with Gaarkhan in Destiny :)

Gaarkhan is insane!!!

He'd have to have three of the sides on his dice show 3 melee damage! 

4 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Gaarkhan is insane!!!

He'd have to have three of the sides on his dice show 3 melee damage! 

So as a hero he would cost 28/32 points as a villain 14/18? :lol:

Kieransi likes this

13 hours ago, Amanal said:

So as a hero he would cost 28/32 points as a villain 14/18? :lol:

Rofl. I like it. If he takes damage, put another of his dice on him. If he resolves a melee die, another enemy takes an extra damage.

Kieransi likes this