Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RogueCorona

Which class of Raider is in Friends like these?

7 posts in this topic

The info/description says Raider-II and talks about the difference in armament between the new model and the originals but the stat block says it is a Raider-I even though it has the weapons loadout appropriate to a II according to the information above the statblock. Did FFG ever explain this?

Nope. It's the same issue as the Victory SD. FFG doesn't bother with correcting things like this. They leave it to others to do it for themselves.

In that case I'll just do it the simple way. Use the statblock as a Raider-II and swap the ion cannon for cluster missiles when we want a Raider-I.

Is it really so much to ask that the people writing the information/background data and those writing the stat blocks coordinate their work though? It seems like every Star Wars RPG system has issues like this.

8 minutes ago, RogueCorona said:

Is it really so much to ask that the people writing the information/background data and those writing the stat blocks coordinate their work though? It seems like every Star Wars RPG system has issues like this.

It seems to be too much to ask. I have no idea why. In the case of the Raider, FFG really has no excuse since it's a FFG-produced ship and they were the sole source on it (it now appears in a Battlefield novel too).

Rationalinsanity likes this

After some more thought in this case I suspect its probably just a typo. The stat block writer left an I off and the editor missed it

On 22.8.2017 at 9:11 AM, RogueCorona said:

After some more thought in this case I suspect its probably just a typo. The stat block writer left an I off and the editor missed it

Either way, releasing an FAQ for that should be trivial. Apparently it is not. ;-)