Jump to content
power500500

Rallying the troops! Where is everyone from?

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Yaaay! If you know of any place/shop that is in the SW Legion train please let me know.

If not you can also PM me to try to arrange some matches when it comes out.

Sadly coming from 40K all my old haunts will probably not be entirely OK with me bringing this game in :3 The online shop where I get X-Wing is still undecided wether or not he's gonna stock Legion, but I'm hoping this game explodes in popularity and it gets a ton of following. The gaming cafe near me, might be a good place to try, but terrain will be hard to bring over there beyond core set barricades I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DeadlyStreampuff said:

Sadly coming from 40K all my old haunts will probably not be entirely OK with me bringing this game in :3 The online shop where I get X-Wing is still undecided wether or not he's gonna stock Legion, but I'm hoping this game explodes in popularity and it gets a ton of following. The gaming cafe near me, might be a good place to try, but terrain will be hard to bring over there beyond core set barricades I think.

Well that sounds good to scratch the itch. Also hoping it becomes popular. I jumped too late into X-Wing and I would love to follow Legion from the start maybe even join the competitive scene if there is some.

I recently discovered a place called "Friends and Foes" where they have casual games every Thursday evening, I'll ask if they will also sell it as they already have x-wing and Destiny communities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kojib said:

South London, U.K. ???

but believe me I'm willing to travel to meet different game groups outside of London ahah I'd love to push the community that I hope thrives behind this game 

I'm in Clapham, so Sarf of the river too! I usually game at Dark Sphere in Lambeth, though. For everyone else, TL:DR, London, UK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

Well that sounds good to scratch the itch. Also hoping it becomes popular. I jumped too late into X-Wing and I would love to follow Legion from the start maybe even join the competitive scene if there is some.

I recently discovered a place called "Friends and Foes" where they have casual games every Thursday evening, I'll ask if they will also sell it as they already have x-wing and Destiny communities. 

Oh that does sound interesting, also, how can you be too late to join x-wing? :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heh, middle GA. Down in the dirty south... that nickname is actually pretty apropos. :(

 

and a million miles (well, 80) away from the nearest gaming community. Expect lots of unused but enthusiastic terrain and painting photos from me. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, General Zodd said:

I'm in Clapham, so Sarf of the river too! I usually game at Dark Sphere in Lambeth, though. For everyone else, TL:DR, London, UK!

Amazing! I haven't been involved in the miniatures scene since I was about 15 so I'm pumped to get back into it! I hope they set up some kind of Legion game night or something there it would be great to be able to play regularly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver, CO, standing by!

Really excited for Legion (as we all are!)! I too am really late to the X-Wing train. My buddy and I are at the 2-Core-sets-and-that's-it stage. We're debating investing much more into X-Wing or saving for Legion and 3D printing proxies in the meantime. Guess which side of the debate I'm on ;)

A local coffee shop/gaming shop, Enchanted Grounds, has people playing X-Wing pretty often. Here's hoping locals pick up Legion and that they're cool with me bringing terrain to the shop.

Edited by Cheek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 6:38 AM, Cheek said:

Denver, CO, standing by!

Really excited for Legion (as we all are!)! I too am really late to the X-Wing train. My buddy and I are at the 2-Core-sets-and-that's-it stage. We're debating investing much more into X-Wing or saving for Legion and 3D printing proxies in the meantime. Guess which side of the debate I'm on ;)

A local coffee shop/gaming shop, Enchanted Grounds, has people playing X-Wing pretty often. Here's hoping locals pick up Legion and that they're cool with me bringing terrain to the shop.

I'm also in Denver, and visit Enchanted Grounds occasionally for card games, but it's a brutal drive for me, as I live in the northern suburbs. There's a shop more local to me, which has a big X-Wing scene and people playing other miniature war games, Total Escape, where I used to play Heroclix. But I'm not sure I'd play the game competitively, it's difficult for me to make time commitments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I'm also in Denver, and visit Enchanted Grounds occasionally for card games, but it's a brutal drive for me, as I live in the northern suburbs. There's a shop more local to me, which has a big X-Wing scene and people playing other miniature war games, Total Escape, where I used to play Heroclix. But I'm not sure I'd play the game competitively, it's difficult for me to make time commitments.

Dang, that's a 40 minute drive for me without traffic :( But maybe I can drop in some time.

I hear you on the competitive time commitment. I bet I'll end up just playing casually if I play with anyone but my wife and friends. Maybe a store tournament or two, hopefully, but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheek said:

Dang, that's a 40 minute drive for me without traffic :( But maybe I can drop in some time.

I hear you on the competitive time commitment. I bet I'll end up just playing casually if I play with anyone but my wife and friends. Maybe a store tournament or two, hopefully, but we'll see.

Yeah, i barely make it to Enchanted Grounds on the once-per-week basis for cards. There's no way I could afford a second trip during the week haha but hopefully communities sprout up in our respective locations for when we're able to venture out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...