drail14me

Heroes of Scarif pack; Rebellions are built on hope. What needs to be in it?

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

I wanna see Merrick be 'After you execute a manoeuvre a friendly ship at range 1-2 may perform a free boost or barrel roll action'.  Then his ability can be used by anyone in the squad including himself, not just by himself.  He's a general, give him an ability that works on other people too.

I like this!! Done, card changed! 

I've wondered if a "free barrel roll AND boost" would be too overpowered?

The rest of your ideas are solid as well. Go get a job with FFG and make the changes!

GUoElqv.jpg

13 minutes ago, drail14me said:

That's crazy! The other crew members job was to fire the turret!

Which is the justification for why it doesn't have a crew slot currently - that guy's only job is to man the turret.  Same reason a /sf doesn't have a crew slot.  The ARC had a crew of three, but only gains a single Crew slot because the third guy's sole task is operating the butt guns.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Which is the justification for why it doesn't have a crew slot currently - that guy's only job is to man the turret.  Same reason a /sf doesn't have a crew slot.  The ARC had a crew of three, but only gains a single Crew slot because the third guy's sole task is operating the butt guns.

That crew slot was the Weapons Officer slot. He manned the turret when needed but his real job was controlling the weapons...ie bombardier or torpedo control. Also navigation. It makes total sense to have a crew slot. BTL-S3Y-Wingcockpit_zps6e75cb7f.png

2 minutes ago, drail14me said:

That crew slot was the Weapons Officer slot. He manned the turret when needed but his real job was controlling the weapons...ie bombardier or torpedo control. Also navigation. It makes total sense to have a crew slot. BTL-S3Y-Wingcockpit_zps6e75cb7f.png

That's your opinion.  FFG's, quite obviously, differs.  Else that crew slot would already exist.

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

That's your opinion.  FFG's, quite obviously, differs.  Else that crew slot would already exist.

Maybe. Or it could be that the Y-wing didn't have "crew" because when it was released in Wave 1 "crew" didn't exist. "Crew" and new rules were added in Wave 2.

2 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Maybe. Or it could be that the Y-wing didn't have "crew" because when it was released in Wave 1 "crew" didn't exist. "Crew" and new rules were added in Wave 2.

No, I'm saying that FFG have said as much in interviews IIRC.  Both about the Y Wing and about the /sf and ARC.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

No, I'm saying that FFG have said as much in interviews IIRC.  Both about the Y Wing and about the /sf and ARC.

Yeah, and they've also said they don't really want to go back and "Fix" ships when they can just release new and better ones. But, we still have hope and that's what this thread is built on.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:50 AM, GrimmyV said:

The novel was 70s SW at its finest, up there with the Holiday Special and the disco remix of the main theme.

Pfft, heresy!  Why, time was that was all the Star Wars us younglings had!  I mean, seriously, there was 'Star Wars', 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye', and 'Empire Strikes Back', with the super-crappy-80s-style trailers for 'Return of the Jedi'...and that was it!

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE?!

(Actually, wait, no, we also had the awesome ...ish Han Solo Adventures novels.  So, yeah, very much waiting for the Corporate Sector Authority to get more fully realized.  It's been name-dropped in canon already, but...no details, yet.)

I have another suggestion for a new Rebels Aces pack :

Since the interview after world 2015, devs complain about the lack of Tie Defender, Tie Bomber, X-Wing, E-Wing, Starvipers, Kihraxz on the tables. K-Wing and M3-A are nammed too.

Now let's look what we have :

Imperial Veterans : Tie Defender & Tie Bomber

CRO-C : M3-A

Kihraxz & Starvipers : Guns for hire

That left X-Wing, E-Wing and K-Wing. Let's be honest about the K-Wing, this ship doesn't need buff but X-Wing yes and since Biggs got his nerf we can expect something for them and E-Wing is too expensive to play with them.

So can we expect to see a E-Wing & X-Wing pack and since we missing one SKU ?

Of course ship like Tie Punisher, Imperial Firespray, U-Wing need some love too but may be later ? :P

9 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

I have another suggestion for a new Rebels Aces pack :

Since the interview after world 2015, devs complain about the lack of Tie Defender, Tie Bomber, X-Wing, E-Wing, Starvipers, Kihraxz on the tables. K-Wing and M3-A are nammed too.

Now let's look what we have :

Imperial Veterans : Tie Defender & Tie Bomber

CRO-C : M3-A

Kihraxz & Starvipers : Guns for hire

That left X-Wing, E-Wing and K-Wing. Let's be honest about the K-Wing, this ship doesn't need buff but X-Wing yes and since Biggs got his nerf we can expect something for them and E-Wing is too expensive to play with them.

So can we expect to see a E-Wing & X-Wing pack and since we missing one SKU ?

Of course ship like Tie Punisher, Imperial Firespray, U-Wing need some love too but may be later ? :P

The timing, opportunity, rumors and missing SKU all point to an X-Wing veterans pack. My guess is the missing SKU is that. I'll be disappointed if it isn't.

Would also love to see a boost to the U/X Wings

Titles:

UT-60D Support Craft

Your ship gains 1-2 Crew Icons (or if you want to get really crazy 1 Team Icon)

Cost -3

Red Squadron

X-Wing Only

After acquiring a Target Lock, if there is another friendly X-Wing at range 1-3 then you may perform a free focus action. 

Cost -3

Rogue Squadron

You may equip one additional Modification and Elite Pilot Skill. The Squad Point cost of each of your equipped upgrade costs is reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0).

Cost 0

Modifications

Door Gunner

U-Wing only

You may perform Primary Weapon attacks at any enemy ships at range 1-2 (even a ship outside your firing arc).

Cost 2

Upgraded Communication Suite

U-Wing Only: 

Your Action Bar gains the Coordinate Action

Cost 1

S-Foils - Flight Position

X-Wing Only

After performing a maneuver you may flip this card. 

Treat all Straight and Bank maneuvers as Green maneuvers 

Cost 1

S-Foils - Attack Position

X-Wing Only

After performing a maneuver you may flip this card.

When attacking you may reroll one attack die.

Cost 1

Stealth X

X-Wing only.

Increase your Agility value by 1. Decrease your Shield Value by 1

Cost 1

On 8/30/2017 at 7:52 AM, drail14me said:

I like this!! Done, card changed! 

I've wondered if a "free barrel roll AND boost" would be too overpowered?

The rest of your ideas are solid as well. Go get a job with FFG and make the changes!

GUoElqv.jpg

"a friendly ship"

also no, the ability is strong and flexible but not stupid. It's also on an x-wing, so you get a lot of leeway with the strength of pilot abilities for the weakness of the chassis

On 8/20/2017 at 0:21 PM, kris40k said:

The only Partisan pattern X-Wing was a piece of scenery on Jedah. Blue Squadron did some serious work during the film all over the place.

As far as Y-Wing's besides Gold Squadron at the Battle of Scarif, I can't recall a the moment if specific squads were called out when the attack on Eadu was launched, but I'm pretty sure that was Blue Squadron as well, and there were Y-Wings present in the bombing run of the installation. I'm just not 100% positive if they were Blue or another squadron in addition to Blue. Now, that's Eadu, not Scarif, but Partisans weren't present at Scarif either, and its close enough in my opinion to be included in the pack.

ZnarEsU.png

(I may be slightly biased, as I have already painted a Blue Squadron T-65, Y-Wing, and K-Wing to go along with the U-Wing.)

I think it's actually red and gold in that attack if you look closely at the X-Wings