drail14me

Heroes of Scarif pack; Rebellions are built on hope. What needs to be in it?

The Empire was built on fear.

Im hoping for the following:

Heroes of Scarif:

K2S0 PS8 U Wing with new title + New T-65 Ace

Villians of Scarf

New Tie Striker Ace and Title

New Tie Reaper Ship

Dumb Poorly Thought Through Idea Incoming: 

New  Imperial Only Crew Condition Card --- Death Star Targeting Officer --- (After revealing your manuever place a "Target Token" using the rear guards, after 3 turns the Death Star will be armed and immediately fire an area of effect shot at the target token, any ship at range 1-3 of the token suffer 3 damage, the token is removed from the board if the ship that deployed it suffers any damage before the 3 turn countdown has expired)

#WhisperCloaksAndCallsInTheDeathStar

Edited by Boom Owl

Models:
* T-65 X-Wing with blue paint
* Y-Wing

New Pilots:
* Antoc Merrick - T-65 X Wing - PS 7, EPT, Astro, Torp, 26 points
    You may perform focus actions while stressed.
* Vangos Grek - T-65 X Wing - PS 3, Astro, Torp, 22 points
    When you overlap a ship it rolls 1 red die.  On a hit it receives 1 face down damage card and you take 1 damage. 
* "Dutch" Vander - Y Wing - PS 7, EPT, Turret, Torp x2, Astro, 25 points
    Other friendly ships at range 1 may roll an additional green die when defending.
* Wona Goban - Y Wing - PS 5, Turret, Torp x2, Astro, 22 points
    Your torpedo secondary weapons can be fired at range 1.

New Cards:
* Ion Weapon Surplus - Title, Y Wing only / Rebel Only - 0 points
    Reduce the cost of Ion Turret and Ion Torpedo weapons by 2 points
* S Foils - Modification, Dual Sided, X Wing Only, 0 points
    - Side 1 - Attack Position
    Action: You may flip this card
    Remove the Boost action from your action bar
    Add 1 attack die to primary weapon attacks
    You may equip another Modification of 0 points
    - Side 2 - Flight Position
    All straight maneuvers are green maneuvers

3 hours ago, Joe Censored said:

Models:
* T-65 X-Wing with blue paint
* Y-Wing

New Pilots:
* Antoc Merrick - T-65 X Wing - PS 7, EPT, Astro, Torp, 26 points
    You may perform focus actions while stressed.
* Vangos Grek - T-65 X Wing - PS 3, Astro, Torp, 22 points
    When you overlap a ship it rolls 1 red die.  On a hit it receives 1 face down damage card and you take 1 damage. 
* "Dutch" Vander - Y Wing - PS 7, EPT, Turret, Torp x2, Astro, 25 points
    Other friendly ships at range 1 may roll an additional green die when defending.
* Wona Goban - Y Wing - PS 5, Turret, Torp x2, Astro, 22 points
    Your torpedo secondary weapons can be fired at range 1.

New Cards:
* Ion Weapon Surplus - Title, Y Wing only / Rebel Only - 0 points
    Reduce the cost of Ion Turret and Ion Torpedo weapons by 2 points
* S Foils - Modification, Dual Sided, X Wing Only, 0 points
    - Side 1 - Attack Position
    Remove the Boost action from your action bar
    Add 1 attack die to primary weapon attacks
    - Side 2 - Flight Position
    All straight maneuvers are green maneuvers

Maybe this will be the Force Friday announcement.

On 8/20/2017 at 9:53 AM, Elavion said:

I don't understand why people see the "Corran exists" point as an invalid excuse for not fixing it. There are always at least a few ships that have no viable pilots, and there are several ships that see virtually no play except for one pilot and are not considered in need of a fix (TIE Adv and TIE Adv. Prototype, for example)

You're trying to argue that the existence of ONE viable pilot renders the need to fix a ship irrelevant, but your example of the TIE Advanced undermines your point. The TIE Advanced not only got a fix, it a bunch of new pilots... despite Darth Vader being the only good pilot in the original release. 

Likewise, the TIE Defender and Starviper got upgrades, despite Vessery and Guri being decent pilots. And while these pilots are STILL among the best and most popular pilots of those ships (because their pilot abilities are VERY good), but the new pilots and upgrades give you some fun alternatives and expand what these "elite" ships are supposed to do.

Like the TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Starviper, the E-wing is supposed to be an elite ship. But it's not. It doesn't do anything particularly well except run up your squadron cost. Corran is badass in spite of his ship, not because of it... he's a good pilot in a crappy ship. His pilot ability is powerful enough to make up for the E-wing's weaknesses.  but those weaknesses are still there in spades.

Now I know people say that you can't make the E-wing better without making Corran overpowered (much in the same way that people say that the X-wing can't be fixed without making Biggs overpowered). This is, of course, ridiculous. you're just not being creative enough.

The easy answer is a double sided title card. Lets call it E-wing MkI, and E-wing MkII  

E-wing MkI (0pts): When you reveal a 3-bank, you may treat this as a red S-loop instead.

E-wing MkII (-2 pts): When you reveal a 3-bank, you may treat this as a red S-loop instead. Add Boost to your action bar.

Errata: Add "Must take the E-wing MkI title" to Corran's pilot card. 

The title effects are relatively unimportant for this example (these can be tweaked till they feel right). The important thing is that Corran is locked into the weaker title and cannot take the stronger title. All other pilots can take the better title instead. This would also work for any X-wing fix that wanted to avoid making Biggs overpowered.

Alternatively, you can simply add an anti-synergy effect to the Title. For example you could have something like this:

Prototype Interface (0 pts): add Boost to your action bar. If you have an astromech, equipped, you may take a free Focus action whenever you boost or Barrel Roll.  If,  at any point, your ship acquires a Weapons Disabled token, flip your astromech card face down for the reminder of the game.

I'm not saying that this is the exact fix the E-wing needs, it's just an example of how to create a fix that doesn't reward an overpowered pilot. The level of anti-synergy can be scaled up or down to find the sweet spot, depending on how badly you want to punish Corran for using his pilot ability.  

On 8/20/2017 at 1:28 PM, MalusCalibur said:

Why does anyone think that a Scarif anything is still happening? The window for a pack like that closed. FFG are not going to release a product branded for a film that is almost a year old when they have another film to release stuff for at the end of this year, and then another one mid next year (and all the subsequent ones). There's 'nowhere in the release schedule' for it, the same reason the E-Wing is not going to get fixed. You can be damned sure the Punisher won't either (because the [expletive deleted] Star Wing is clearly designed to replace it), and I'd be tempted to lay money on the mythical X-Wing fix never actually happening. When you consider how long the namesake ship has been irrelevant outside of extremely casual play, and how important it should be to get it up to speed, the fact that it still hasn't happened after so many opportunities suggests there's no room/incentive for it.

Then, you realize wave 11 had the TIE Agressor and the Scurrg and wave 12 has the gunboat and the Kimo, which are all much older designs than anything from Rogue One.

Edited by weisguy119

On 8/25/2017 at 8:11 PM, weisguy119 said:

Then, you realize wave 11 had the TIE Agressor and the Scurrg and wave 12 has the gunboat and the Kimo, which are all much older designs than anything from Rogue One.

How is the Tie Agressor, the Scurrg, the gunboat and the Kimo older than any design from Rogue One? NONE of those are older designs than the X-wing and Y-wing!

32 minutes ago, drail14me said:

How is the Tie Agressor, the Scurrg, the gunboat and the Kimo older than any design from Rogue One? NONE of those are older designs than the X-wing and Y-wing!

I should have been more clear.  Those designs are far older than any ship developed specifically for Rogue One - the TIE Reaper,TIE Striker, U-wing, Delta T3c Shuttle, Zeta Class Shuttle, MC-75 Cruiser and the Eta Class Supply Barge.

Edited by weisguy119

They certainly still can release Rogue One related content.  I just see it unlikely to release near the same time as The Last Jedi tie in products.  I think the next most opportune time to see anything related to Rogue one would be around a year from now.  Far enough out that the Han Solo movie tie in products have already released and run their course, but far too early for anything Episode 9 related to come out.  There's going to be a good 9 months or more after the Han Solo movie in May of next year before Disney will allow Episode 9 tie in stuff to come out, with a Christmas season in the middle, that FFG will need to fill in the blanks. 

They will want some higher priced aces/veterans packs to be on the shelves ready for that Christmas, and a Rogue One tie in pack sounds perfect, even more so if the Han Solo movie turns out to not be as good as Rogue One. 

A Rogue One aces/veterans pack also makes good financial sense, since it would almost certainly be a reprinting of existing models just with a new paint scheme, which they get to charge the same price as newly developed models. 

Edited by Joe Censored

On 8/25/2017 at 6:40 PM, drail14me said:

Gjx0TCi.jpg

I wanna see Merrick be 'After you execute a manoeuvre a friendly ship at range 1-2 may perform a free boost or barrel roll action'.  Then his ability can be used by anyone in the squad including himself, not just by himself.  He's a general, give him an ability that works on other people too.

COntent wise I'd like to see:

Minis: Partisan repaint x-wing, Scarif repaint U Wing.  Ideally also Gray Squad Y wing but expecting 2 small and one large is a lot.

Content: EPT generic X-wing, EPT generic Y Wing, U-wing.  2 unique X-wing pilots (Merrick being one of them), 2 unique Y-wing pilots Davish Krail being one of them.  K2-SO as the unique U Wing pilot.  NB all included x-wings have the ship name 'T-65 X-Wing', and the Y Wings have the appropriate numerical code for Y Wings too.

Door Gunner crew - 1 crew slot, U wing only, secondary weapon, basically an ion cannon turret but with 2 dice.  Ideally the original design would have had base quadrants so left door gunner and right door gunner would have both been in, and the U Wing would have 3 Crew.  But what could have been I guess.  And yes, breathing in space.  Force fields.  Deal with it.

K2-SO crew.  Maybe some Partisan crews as well, Saw, Two Tubes etc.

X-Wing fix*: generic title: linked blasters.  T-65 only.  Dual card.  ONe side provides a one off big primary attack buff and you MUST flip the card - probably adding a crit.  The other side adds reliability (turn a blank to an eye) but adds the TLT effect - the attack can only ever do one damage.  And allows it to be flipped during the end phase if no primary weapon attacks have been made that round.  Basically the blasters I always loved from the Rogue Squadron games, where you could fire normally alternating 2 blasters at a time, fire all four in a big blat that could pop a TIE in one hit, but then you'd fire on stutter mode until you stopped for a moment.

*This needs to be accompanied by errata to all the existing X and Y Wing pilots to add the numerical designation, something FFG should have done years ago, when the T-70 was first released.

Y Wing, X Wing and E Wing fix - assuming FLight Control Astromech from the Phantom 2 is good enough, maybe that.  Or something like it.

Some more copies of Integrated Astromech.

Some kind of cool new turret that includes a major benefit for firing in arc.  E.g. a turret which is r1-2, but range 3 in arc.

Beside a good T-65 X-Wing Fix (I have no Idea)
A BTL-S3 Title for the Y-Wing (adds a crewslot)

A Y-Wing pilot with

PS 8 or 9

EPT-Slot
An Ability that says: When you fly Red Manouvers you do not get stress.

The last one could become a fun dogfighter with the BTL-A4 'double tap' title. I like my design especially as it dosn't push the existing competetive builds (manouverability does little for a TLT Platform and the BTL-A4-'Stresswing' wouldn't profit much as he still can't fly reds while being stressed.

1 hour ago, Hannes Solo said:

A BTL-S3 Title for the Y-Wing (adds a crewslot)

If you add a crewslot to the Y-Wing, you kill the HWK-290...

Hope there will be good pilots with EPT for the Y-Wing (even if I only play scums)

14 minutes ago, Foxtr0t said:

If you add a crewslot to the Y-Wing, you kill the HWK-290...

No real Problem with that. Though I think the HWK would still be played for its abilities. If I can choose between a meta with multi HAWK lists and one with multi Y-Wing lists I will choose the later for aesthetical reasons all day.