drail14me

Heroes of Scarif pack; Rebellions are built on hope. What needs to be in it?

First, there's talk about a Scarif Veterans pack. However, doesn't it really need to be a "Heroes" of Scarif pack? To be a Veteran, you have to survive the battle. There were many great pilots that didn't survive that would make good pilot cards! So being a Veteran, I think we need a "Heroes of Scarif" pack!

The next question is: What needs to be in it?

1. Foremost, it needs a T-65 in Blue Squadron paint with appropriate pilots. We also need some sort of T-65 title card or T-65 only modification/upgrade cards that allow multiple modifications at reduced cost.

2. I'd originally wanted some Blue Squadron Y-wing repaints but I don't remember actually seeing any Blue Squadron Y-wings in Rogue One, only Gold. However, I would like some new Y-wing pilot cards with EPTs or an upgrade card that adds EPT's to Y-wings. Also, Y-wings need a crew slot unless you're running the BTL title and maybe a Tech slot?

3. With the lack of Blue Squad Y-wings, I'm thinking a Blue Squadron U-Wing with some new upgrade cards. Would love to see some form of Door Gunner Ion Cannon upgrade. Yeah, they were in Atmosphere in Rogue One but Bistan does have a space suite on with helmet off. He wears that suit for a reason so maybe he can have the helmet on and use the door Ion gun outside atmosphere.

4. Another option is for the pack to be a joint pack. Maybe the T-65 for the Rebels and a Tie Reaper for the Empire?

Those are my thoughts. What are yours? What did I miss or get wrong?

We know FFG pays attention to this forum. The Gunboat is the perfect example. Let's keep posts about Scarif going and keep the hope alive!

Edited by drail14me

What do you mean "blue squadron"? The X-Wing's going to be partisan colors. Even more so since blue would be easy to confuse with a T-70.

I hope the second ship is a B-Wing because it really needs some love, but my gut is telling me Y.

The only Partisan pattern X-Wing was a piece of scenery on Jedah. Blue Squadron did some serious work during the film all over the place.

As far as Y-Wing's besides Gold Squadron at the Battle of Scarif, I can't recall a the moment if specific squads were called out when the attack on Eadu was launched, but I'm pretty sure that was Blue Squadron as well, and there were Y-Wings present in the bombing run of the installation. I'm just not 100% positive if they were Blue or another squadron in addition to Blue. Now, that's Eadu, not Scarif, but Partisans weren't present at Scarif either, and its close enough in my opinion to be included in the pack.

ZnarEsU.png

(I may be slightly biased, as I have already painted a Blue Squadron T-65, Y-Wing, and K-Wing to go along with the U-Wing.)

Edited by kris40k

46 minutes ago, drail14me said:

1. Foremost, it needs a T-65 in Blue Squadron paint with appropriate pilots. We also need some sort of T-65 title card or T-65 only modification/upgrade cards that allow multiple modifications at reduced cost.

Though I prefer to keep my T-65 red, I'd certainly get one "Heroes of Scarif" for the pilots and cards. I'd definitely be on board for that reason.

2. I'd originally wanted some Blue Squadron Y-wing repaints but I don't remember actually seeing any Blue Squadron Y-wings in Rogue One, only Gold. However, I would like some new Y-wing pilot cards with EPTs or an upgrade card that adds EPT's to Y-wings. Also, Y-wings need a crew slot unless you're running the BTL title and maybe a Tech slot?

I don't remember seeing a different color either. I'm more into X's and A's, but I'd be interested to see what a "Heroes" Y will bring.

3. With the lack of Blue Squad Y-wings, I'm thinking a Blue Squadron U-Wing with some new upgrade cards. Would love to see some form of Door Gunner Ion Cannon upgrade. Yeah, they were in Atmosphere in Rogue One but Bistan does have a space suite on with helmet off. He wears that suit for a reason so maybe he can have the helmet on and use the door Ion gun outside atmosphere.

Make it a red repaint and I'm down with that. Not sure about the door Gunner, but as someone who plans to dogfight in atmospheres anyway I'd welcome it myself.

It is a newish expansion so I can't see this being included in a "Heroes" pack for a couple of years.

4. Another option is for the pack to be a joint pack. Maybe the T-65 for the Rebels and a Tie Reaper for the Empire?

Just to be difficult I'm going to say: no. Only because I don't think they should be mixed.

28 minutes ago, Elavion said:

I hope the second ship is a B-Wing because it really needs some love, but my gut is telling me Y.

More likely in a Rebels expansion. There's the prototype B. 

Edited by Tommy Blunderbuss

The T-65 needs Boost and Barrel Roll cheap. I saw many barrel rolls during the Battle of Scarif and we know it's canon that the X-wing can divert power to the engines for more speed. So, barrel roll and boost should almost be included actions on the card and not have to be purchased as a modification.

48 minutes ago, drail14me said:

We know FFG pays attention to this forum. The Gunboat is the perfect example. Let's keep posts about Scarif going and keep the hope alive!

If the devs are suddenly in a mood to give us what we've been asking for, then an X/E Rogue Squadron pack has been on the list far longer than Scarif.

1 minute ago, Stevey86 said:

If the devs are suddenly in a mood to give us what we've been asking for, then an X/E Rogue Squadron pack has been on the list far longer than Scarif.

To paraphrase what-his-face-dev, "You got Corran." :P

Yeah, fixing E's would be cool, which first, Y's or E's, hmm...

5 minutes ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

It is a newish expansion so I can't see this being included in a "Heroes" pack for a couple of years.

Do remember that we are getting to see a lot more of the U-Wing in 'Rebels' season 4...

rogue-ones-u-wing-will-be-seen-in-rebels

...not to mention more X-Wings (green squadron colors?), and Y-Wings (red squadron?), too...

x-winf-1280-1492351807899_1280w.jpg

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

To paraphrase what-his-face-dev, "You got Corran." :P

Yeah, fixing E's would be cool, which first, Y's or E's, hmm...

Yep, and I'd much rather him be 45 points than 48. :P

And I'd also like my Y fix to be Farlander shaped. (+ an EPT for Horton) ;)

Edited by Stevey86

4 minutes ago, Stevey86 said:

I'd be up for a Rogue Squadron pack if it improves the T-65!!

Edited by drail14me

3 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Do remember that we are getting to see a lot more of the U-Wing in 'Rebels' season 4...

rogue-ones-u-wing-will-be-seen-in-rebels

...not to mention more X-Wings (green squadron colors?), and Y-Wings (red squadron?), too...

x-winf-1280-1492351807899_1280w.jpg

I'm only up to Season 2. I have to wait for the DVDs, and Season 3 isn't available yet. So that is cool news indeed. Hopefully it'll mean some more FFG love for the game's namesake.

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not so much of a Rebels fan that I object to spoilers. I usually spoil it myself anyway. I'm aware of some Season 3 things.

1 minute ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

I'm only up to Season 2. I have to wait for the DVDs, and Season 3 isn't available yet. So that is cool news indeed. Hopefully it'll mean some more FFG love for the game's namesake.

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not so much of a Rebels fan that I object to spoilers. I usually spoil it myself anyway. I'm aware of some Season 3 things.

Is there even a spoiler there?

I mean, it's the final season of the show, so...'the Rebel Alliance gets some X-Wings and U-Wings before the events of Rogue One'...not exactly news to anyone:P

I don't understand why people see the "Corran exists" point as an invalid excuse for not fixing it. There are always at least a few ships that have no viable pilots, and there are several ships that see virtually no play except for one pilot and are not considered in need of a fix (TIE Adv and TIE Adv. Prototype, for example)

4 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Is there even a spoiler there?

I mean, it's the final season of the show, so...'the Rebel Alliance gets some X-Wings and U-Wings before the events of Rogue One'...not exactly news to anyone:P

:lol: 

Not really, but there's some very sensitive people out there where spoilers are concerned. I'm not one of them.

I'm still expecting Rebels to end with a well earned vacation on Alderaan. I mean, what's the worst that could happen ;)

1 minute ago, J43G3RM31ST3R said:

I understand why you picked Grey and Blue Sqn Pilots, but if you include "Pops" Krail, I'd love to see Dex Tiree. 

What ability he would have?

I tried to keep the standard 4 pilots, but see no problem in adding 1 more for each.