MikeEvans

Jol Nar + Integrated Economy - Did they playtest this?

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IndyBart said:

Your example also assumes that the 3TG's have been traded and can be spent as gold. They changed the way trade goods operate and they aren't worth anything until they are given to you by another player.

That's not strictly true. Trade goods can still be used by the player like before. Commodities on the other hand are useless unless traded to another player. The Trade strategy card gives you trade goods, and also lets you refresh your commodities. So they are separate things.

I am very sure that you need to pay for the units you produce.  As the OP shows it would be drastically overpowered if not.  In my view it is still strong just being able to produce.  The best way is when at war.  You get a big fight and then invade a planet.  You can then rebuild stuff on the front lines to deal with the inevitable counter attack or even prepare for the next attack

Willange likes this

Rule 58: "However, other game effects also allow players to produce units."

The rules explicitly define the process of producing units. It continues to not be vague because we can look at other abilities where free units are granted, and in this instance, the wording is always "place a unit" like in Dacxive Animator's text: "After you win a ground combat, place 1 infantry from your reinforcements on that planet."

9 hours ago, Robofish said:

I just got an email from FFG about this. You do have to pay for the units, they are not free.

I guess they sent those out in batches, because I got one earlier today as well saying the same thing.

Its a strong opening, but then someone will just fly in a kill the Jol Nar cuz they suck in combat.