Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thormind

Another major event with only 1 Imperial player in the top 16

68 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Gunboat Incoming! Lets hope its what the Empire needs.

I also really really would like to see a Empire Support ship (TIE reaper maybe?) that can either regen hull of ships with low hull (3 or less) or mitigate the damage those ships could be taking somehow. With a range limitation of course, and not a auto ability like Biggs, would need to roll dice for the mitigation to trigger depending on results as Im thinking canceling damage all together not just absorbing it.. or a combo of depending on the dice roll the damage is mitigated or if its another roll you get damaged but not the ship your taking the damage for... has to be balanced etc.

 

3 hours ago, Kdubb said:

A support ship in general that had some type of "regen other friendly hull/shield" action would be really interesting.

Maybe have it take a stress token for each agility value over 1 the target has when performing it? But then again, maybe not even worry about giving a drawback to healing low health, high agility ships since auto damage is suddenly everywhere and making agility pointless.

TIE Reaper or Gauntlet Starfighter (was playing SWGOH today) could be the ship to bring that kind of ability to X-Wing Miniatures. The Gauntlet is classified as an Empire ship in SWGOH and while I have not seen Rebels yet I assume that Gar Saxon and his Super Commandos join up with the Empire at some point because otherwise they and the Gauntlet would not be Empire characters in SWGOH since every sub-faction is in that game. The Gauntlet specifically dispells debuffs, inflicts buff immunity and grants turn meter, protection and defense to other ships. If you're not familiar w/ SWGOH the Gauntlet is THE Empire support ship and I would assume it's role would remain the same in other games. This could really help those fragile Empire Aces we know and love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

 

TIE Reaper or Gauntlet Starfighter (was playing SWGOH today) could be the ship to bring that kind of ability to X-Wing Miniatures. The Gauntlet is classified as an Empire ship in SWGOH and while I have not seen Rebels yet I assume that Gar Saxon and his Super Commandos join up with the Empire at some point because otherwise they and the Gauntlet would not be Empire characters in SWGOH since every sub-faction is in that game. The Gauntlet specifically dispells debuffs, inflicts buff immunity and grants turn meter, protection and defense to other ships. If you're not familiar w/ SWGOH the Gauntlet is THE Empire support ship and I would assume it's role would remain the same in other games. This could really help those fragile Empire Aces we know and love.

Based on both the Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels, the Gauntlet fighter would predominantly be a Scum ship, but having Gar Saxon and an Imperial Supercommando generic (most likely mid PS with EPT) would work out well for the Imps.

Edited by SabineKey
Phoenix5454 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SabineKey said:

Based on both the Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels, the Gauntlet fighter would predominantly be a Scum ship, but having Gar Saxon and an Imperial Supercommando generic (most likely mid PS with EPT) would work out well. 

The ship is obviously mandalorian but associating it with Gar Saxon can loosely make it Empire i'm assuming (That Empire tag in SWGOH had to come from somewhere for some reason). OR do what they did with the Scurrg and have it be dual faction Imperial / Scum (if their are any notable Scum Gauntlet Pilots) with Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commandos being the Empire Pilot options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

The ship is obviously mandalorian but associating it with Gar Saxon can loosely make it Empire i'm assuming (That Empire tag in SWGOH had to come from somewhere for some reason). OR do what they did with the Scurrg and have it be dual faction Imperial / Scum (if their are any notable Scum Gauntlet Pilots) with Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commandos being the Empire Pilot options.

Honestly, it's on my list of ships that could be tri-faction. One of them is know to be in the possession of Ezra, so he along with member of Clan Wren could be used as the Rebel pilots. Oh, Chopper too. 

Scum have Death Watch and Maul to pull pilots directly from.

Imps have Gar Saxon and the Supercommandos to work with. Maybe Sabine's brother as he was conscripted into the commandos. 

and all three factions can make up pilots, like the other two named Fang Fighter Pilots. 

Edited by SabineKey
Phoenix5454 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

The ship is obviously mandalorian but associating it with Gar Saxon can loosely make it Empire i'm assuming (That Empire tag in SWGOH had to come from somewhere for some reason). OR do what they did with the Scurrg and have it be dual faction Imperial / Scum (if their are any notable Scum Gauntlet Pilots) with Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commandos being the Empire Pilot options.

 

1 minute ago, SabineKey said:

Honestly, it's on my list of ships that could be true-faction. One of them is know to be in the possession of Ezra, so he along with member of Clan Wren could be used as the Rebel pilots. Oh, Chopper too. 

Scum have Death Watch and Maul to pull pilots directly from.

Imps have Gar Saxon and the Supercommandos to work with. Maybe Sabine's brother as he was conscripted into the commandos. 

and all three factions can make up pilots, like the other two named Fang Fighter Pilots. 

A Tri-Faction Ship? That would be pretty freakin' SA-WEET!

SabineKey likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boomaster said:

Also. Why should all factions have access to all the different mechanics? Rebels don't have cloaking, Scum cloaking is unreliable.

Not saying it's good, but Rebels can in fact cloak, though it requires a specific ship to do so (Rebel TIE). Scum also have a type of cloaking (again, not saying it's good) no other faction does, thanks to Cikatro Vizago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Eisai said:

Scum also have a type of cloaking (again, not saying it's good) no other faction does, thanks to Cikatro Vizago.

TIE Phantoms don't have to uncloak if they don't want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kris40k said:

TIE Phantoms don't have to uncloak if they don't want to. 

You're right. Been so long since I played a Phantom. Though to be fair, there's really nothing to do with a perma-cloaked Phantom, unlike, say, a perma-cloaked Quadjumper, so Scum does still have something different.

SabineKey likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

While I agree @FTS Gecko, I also think that Eide's Corran is a strong counterpoint.

He showed that a 2hull ship, admittedly with regen which was huge from what I've heard, can win the whole event.

Now Eide might be a prodigy who also put in a lot of practice. But that still shows that people could try. And more people trying makes it better for everyone else who's also trying.

Do good players default to what is percieved as easier lists when the stakes are higher?

Do these nonviable imperial ships you mentioned require too much practice?

I've seen this argument yet nobody mention that Nym was part of the built. Maybe, just maybe the real winner in his squad was the new OP pilot? Eide used Corran as a bait while Nym was doing the heavy work. Nym is a high priority target because hes an ace with amazing jousting and fire power. The problem with Eide's built is you have to almost ignore him and go for Corran. Everybody knows you have to take down Corran as fast as possible because when you lose your fire power hes almost impossible to beat.

Also Corran did finish 2nd at World 2016. Hes not a bad pilot at all. And he has 1 thing no Imperial pilot have access to: Regen. Put regen on Inquisitor, Vader, OL, Whisper, etc and it's a wole different game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Thormind said:

I've seen this argument yet nobody mention that Nym was part of the built. Maybe, just maybe the real winner in his squad was the new OP pilot? Eide used Corran as a bait while Nym was doing the heavy work. Nym is a high priority target because hes an ace with amazing jousting and fire power. The problem with Eide's built is you have to almost ignore him and go for Corran. Everybody knows you have to take down Corran as fast as possible because when you lose your fire power hes almost impossible to beat.

 

or maybe, just maybe, being 50% of the entire list might have meant being able to contribute something

people seem to love to fixate on Nym the same way that everyone forgets his scum variant only ever appears with dengar

 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i will admit i found it rather disturbing in the 3 store champs i played in, i was the only imp player in the top SIXTEEN let alone top 4 (smallest tournament was 28 people, of which 8 were imperial and except me and 1 other guy they all took the last places, other guy beat a handful of weird rebel/scum lists and i was top4. Would have had a great chance to win, but i fudged myself.....ugh)

Imps can still be very deadly but the problem is they are incredibly punishing right now for misplays, meanwhile rebel jankyard or nymghost or K-Wing+Sabine or scum jm5k spam can just play like an idiot and still do well (yes i deliberately only mentioned one scum list, multiple jm5ks are all that truly feels unstoppable for scum).

Let me put it this way. I lost my top4 match purely because i misjudged my movement by a whopping 1/4 a base in ONE maneuver. It was down to 2hpFenn vs a bomblet 5hpDeathrain, which was clearly in my favor until i clipped a sodding rock... One move is all it took for that stupid double jm5k + fenn attani list to come out ahead, since until i took the jm5ks out it was a game of juking Fenn and doing more damage than R1 Jm5ks w/ K4 and Attani. Spoiler: thats literally just solid luck since my actions were burnt avoiding Fenn, and he literally just moves for doublemods

Edited by Vineheart01
SabineKey likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

or maybe

just maybe

being 50% of the entire list might have meant being able to contribute something

 

same way that everyone's so fixated on nym that they forget his scum variant on ever appears with dengar

I know your opinion on Nym. You've made it clear by now. But hes dominating the meta, was present in 5 of the top 16 builds and won the event. At some point you got to accept what the stats are showing you.

How many builds with Scurrg (6) and Gunship (5) do we have in the top 16? They made almost 70% of the finals. How many Aggressor?... Totally balanced design.

Edited by Thormind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eisai said:

Not saying it's good, but Rebels can in fact cloak, though it requires a specific ship to do so (Rebel TIE). Scum also have a type of cloaking (again, not saying it's good) no other faction does, thanks to Cikatro Vizago.

Not saying it's good... But the Empire is the only faction which can run more than one minefield mapper in a list.... Rebels and Scum can only field 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boomaster said:

Not saying it's good... But the Empire is the only faction which can run more than one minefield mapper in a list.... Rebels and Scum can only field 1.

Well... They can field 2.  By having a ship with systems field Sabine/Cad

Eisai likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0