Rubenito88

2 blue Hero character legendary's in Eaw?

36 posts in this topic

The total number of legendaries won't change with this set (there will be the same amout of total dice and total legendaries).

I guess there will be more legendary characters and less legendary upgrades, just that.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Jerrus said:

Oh, I did not know that. Did they see the last side on her dice?

Someone who was there said the missing side was 2 Melee Damage, another said 1 Shield. This is all third-hand info, though. I'm choosing to trust it, but it could be wrong.

Edited by Ajones47

19 hours ago, scoddyboy said:

How anyone can say that this isn't another money grab is beyond me. Legendarys are difficult enough to get in the first place and making more characters legendary makes it even more so. Upgrades, ships etc... are not essential to have two of in a deck but how many players include a one die legendary in their deck? This also makes me think that boba will also be legendary in order to even things out.

You've played CCGs before right?

6 hours ago, Ajones47 said:

Someone who was there said the missing side was 2 Melee Damage, another said 1 Shield. This is all third-hand info, though. I'm choosing to trust it, but it could be wrong.

Wow if she has 3 melee sides with a 2 value and that ability she will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

22 hours ago, KryatDragon said:

Yea. Yet another popular character that is going to be very hard to get a hold of...

I've said before that this set is the make or break set for me. And this just edges it that little bit further towards break. (I already have issues with the impossibly stupid design decision to prevent people from playing iconic duos at 4 die. I honestly would not care if the iconic duos had slightly less powerful dice - I just want to run a Han / Chewy deck, a Luke / Han deck, a Poe / Finn deck... it seems like a bad design decision. And the action chains of nonsense - really beyond tired of sitting around for 3 - 5 actions while my opponent actually gets to play the game. It's boring af.) 

And I came into this game a huge supporter. I'm slowly getting more and more pissed off. (And honestly, yes, making one of my favorite characters into a Legendary does piss me off. With yet more stupid costs.)

Sorry for the rant.

While I agree they've done a very poor job balancing out the Heroes characters' points costs....Letting you play all the iconic characters at four dice wouldn't work at this point in the game. It would force ALL of those characters to be in the 14/15 point elite cost bracket, and would lead to a lot of very similar dice and playstyles (considering we're talking at least half the characters released so far). For the initial release, that would be very boring; IMO releasing them at a range of cost levels without worrying about 'theme teams' was the right way to do it (not giving them any options to pair up with wasn't). Having said that, the second versions of these characters should definitely look to fit better as part of a theme team.

21 hours ago, scoddyboy said:

How anyone can say that this isn't another money grab is beyond me. Legendarys are difficult enough to get in the first place and making more characters legendary makes it even more so. Upgrades, ships etc... are not essential to have two of in a deck but how many players include a one die legendary in their deck? This also makes me think that boba will also be legendary in order to even things out.

To me, calling it a money grab is claiming that it's solely motivated by greed, which I don't believe is neccasarily true. Yes, it makes it harder to get popular characters for casual players, but well, Destiny's a CCG. I don't think it's outside of what people should expect. Now, if Ashoka was a Secret Ultra Deluxe Rare (One in every six boxes!), that would be money grabbing. If they released a card like Training and then made Stormtroopers Legendary, that would be money grabbing. Having a character be Legendary instead of a support/upgrade is *maybe* slightly dickish, but fairly minor IMO. Heck, the starter decks are far worse examples of money grabbing.

3 hours ago, robguyday said:

You've played CCGs before right?

Yes, thats why I'm saying those who don't think its a cash grab are wrong.

Stone37 likes this

But if there are the same number of legendaries in the set, but more of the slots are filled with iconic characters, that would increase the chance to get legendary iconic characters, wouldn't it?

blackholexan likes this

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

While I agree they've done a very poor job balancing out the Heroes characters' points costs....Letting you play all the iconic characters at four dice wouldn't work at this point in the game. It would force ALL of those characters to be in the 14/15 point elite cost bracket, and would lead to a lot of very similar dice and playstyles (considering we're talking at least half the characters released so far). For the initial release, that would be very boring; IMO releasing them at a range of cost levels without worrying about 'theme teams' was the right way to do it (not giving them any options to pair up with wasn't). Having said that, the second versions of these characters should definitely look to fit better as part of a theme team.

To me, calling it a money grab is claiming that it's solely motivated by greed, which I don't believe is neccasarily true. Yes, it makes it harder to get popular characters for casual players, but well, Destiny's a CCG. I don't think it's outside of what people should expect. Now, if Ashoka was a Secret Ultra Deluxe Rare (One in every six boxes!), that would be money grabbing. If they released a card like Training and then made Stormtroopers Legendary, that would be money grabbing. Having a character be Legendary instead of a support/upgrade is *maybe* slightly dickish, but fairly minor IMO. Heck, the starter decks are far worse examples of money grabbing.

I think of it this way: In order to get two of every character die I will now have to spend more money as more characters are now legendary.

Yes, the total amount of legendarys hasnt gone up, but as I said before you dont necessarily need two of each upgrade in your deck, especially once EaW drops as there will be a lot more choice. But to have two of each legendary character die, to be moderately competitive, is necessary.

Either way though I do agree with you to some extent as I too would call it 'dickish'.

3 hours ago, scoddyboy said:

I think of it this way: In order to get two of every character die I will now have to spend more money as more characters are now legendary.

Yes, the total amount of legendarys hasnt gone up, but as I said before you dont necessarily need two of each upgrade in your deck, especially once EaW drops as there will be a lot more choice. But to have two of each legendary character die, to be moderately competitive, is necessary.

Either way though I do agree with you to some extent as I too would call it 'dickish'.

I actually think this is FFG encouraging people to have a larger resource stash of supports and upgrades, raising the "cost" for characters, and lowering the "cost" for all the things that go in your deck.  As long as they didn't increase the number of legendaries (like they did in SoR) then completionists will not be spending any more money.  Also, completionists that want 4 copies of every neutral will have a much easier time of collecting this set.

blackholexan likes this

I'm not sure it's necessarily a money grab. If you think about it, most people who aren't trying to collect a full set already have plenty of characters, and it might be nice for them to have a better chance of getting weapons and upgrades. I remember that once I'd played this game for a few months, I had enough characters to build a bunch of decks, but I didn't have enough upgrades to build all the decks I wanted. Now I have basically a full set, so it doesn't really matter where the legendaries are, because there'll still be the same number of legendaries and I'll try to collect them all anyway.

Plus, it adds to the chase value of legendaries. Sometimes when you open a pack, it's like "Quadjumper. Huh. Oh, wait, look, it's a legendary. Whoopee." Whereas I felt genuinely ecstatic opening my second QuiGon, even if he's just a rare. So, there are going to be legendaries, and making them characters means your odds are lower of having that dud legendary effect. 

blackholexan likes this

On 8/22/2017 at 2:15 AM, scoddyboy said:

Yes, thats why I'm saying those who don't think its a cash grab are wrong.

CCGs by their nature aren't cheap. There are always cards made that are abusive/popular/undercosted and therefore hard to get. 

My MTG commander deck deck is pretty cheap and it's worth like $500.