Rubenito88

2 blue Hero character legendary's in Eaw?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone else noticed that both mace and ahsoka seem to have Purple Numbers which should Mean we have 2 legendary blue Hero characters in EAW..

or am I missing something?

Edited by Rubenito88

I saw the fuzzy picture.  I hope it's not "final" product.  Two legendary cards of the same faction and color would suck!

10 minutes ago, JediGeekGirl said:

Yes we get two and yes it's the final product  

Ugh, I can only hope to get two ;)

17 minutes ago, tunewalker said:

The only die I have seen of ahsoka didnt have a number printed on it...

We saw the card itself in pictures from GenCon yesterday. 

I still think this means we'll get a fourth legendary for villains now to keep it even.  Boba Fett, Maul or Grand Inquisitor would be my guess, and with Fett being on the box, he's my guess.

blackholexan and Rubenito88 like this

I'm confident we will see all 3 charaters. Only thing is they had to put them on same card, so this character will be more like 3 headed hydra, 3 abilities, but only normal health (12-13). 

Chak

I think so far I have noticed that every color on both hero and villain side has 1 legendary from the spin off stuff. Yellow Villain has Cad Bane, Blue Villain has Seventh sister, Red Villain has Thrawn. Red hero has K2, Yellow hero???, and now blue Hero has Ahsoka. I think they might count lando since he technically appeared in Rebels.

I'm personally ready to give the giant middle finger to this whole legendary thing.  The characters are many players favorite cards to collect.  Increasing how many of a set's legendary cards are characters reeks of money grabbing.

DDoubleVVision and KryatDragon like this

Posted (edited)

The amount of total legendaries may not change, just the number of characters.  I get what you're saying, but if there are still 16 - 18 (?), it's not all that different.

I personally don't necessarily agree with their choice of characters they make Legendary.  

Edited by hobomagic

7 hours ago, Stone37 said:

I'm personally ready to give the giant middle finger to this whole legendary thing.  The characters are many players favorite cards to collect.  Increasing how many of a set's legendary cards are characters reeks of money grabbing.

I wouldn't say it's money grabbing, in a lot of cases it just makes sense. You want to make every Legendary people get exciting (from a flavour perspective, even if not from a gameplay perspective). People get excited for characters, and cool 'unique' things like named ships or people's weapons. Did anyone get really excited when they pulled a Rocket Launcher or a Riot Baton? How about a Quadjumper?

While I did like the format for character releases, I'm not too hung up about changing it they don't change the number of Legendaries, and it replaces something that probably wouldn't have been worth it as a Legendary.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Abyss said:

I wouldn't say it's money grabbing, in a lot of cases it just makes sense. You want to make every Legendary people get exciting (from a flavour perspective, even if not from a gameplay perspective). People get excited for characters, and cool 'unique' things like named ships or people's weapons. Did anyone get really excited when they pulled a Rocket Launcher or a Riot Baton? How about a Quadjumper?

While I did like the format for character releases, I'm not too hung up about changing it they don't change the number of Legendaries, and it replaces something that probably wouldn't have been worth it as a Legendary.

Not to mention it also meant they can also do LESS legendaries like Force speed which become good for a lot of decks but because it is so hard to get ahold of it gets crazy expensive. At least with characters you are only running them in a specific deck built around them.

Edited by tunewalker

8 hours ago, Stone37 said:

I don't know exactly...

I have some crazy Legendary cards, like say blackmail that I got 5 copies of in my first 4 boxes and sit in my folder. So it's not like the Legendary "non-characters" are cause for getting excited either. Legendary is just a layer of collectable over rare, it doesn't mean that it is a good card at all. 

That said, once you have two copies of a character you are probably done, having 4 of some of the upgrades means you can make 2 decks with those cards, but are we likely to make two or more decks with Mace, Emperor, Darth Vader - Sith Lord, Han or Chewbacca? If you are luck enough to get a third of these, you'll be able to swap it very easily I expect.

I expect that there well be folks that collect 4 Ashoka cards, because they love the Character, so there will be some exception to the rule of 2.

I have seen Ashoka spoiled, but not her cost, any one so lucky as to have seen that at GenCon or elsewhere?

Stone37 likes this

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Amanal said:

I have seen Ashoka spoiled, but not her cost, any one so lucky as to have seen that at GenCon or elsewhere?

Because the image of her card was blurry there has been some confusion, but people seem to think she'll clock in at either 15/20 or 16/20.

Edited by Ajones47

21 minutes ago, Stu35 said:

Oh thank god. I was just thinking that heroes are totally lacking a 20 point elite blue character whos basically impossible to pair with anyone but Rey.

I mean she COULD be a 14/18 point character because we totally lack blue characters to pair 2 dice Rey with......

Unless she the last side of her dice (we've seen all but one, right?) has a 2 value, I doubt she will cost 15/20.

The cost of 15/20 or 16/20 isn't speculation based on the value of the die. Rather, it is the word of people who have actually seen the card on a projected screen, but due to the blur, couldn't agree if the non-elite cost was a 15 or a 16.

Yea. Yet another popular character that is going to be very hard to get a hold of...

I've said before that this set is the make or break set for me. And this just edges it that little bit further towards break. (I already have issues with the impossibly stupid design decision to prevent people from playing iconic duos at 4 die. I honestly would not care if the iconic duos had slightly less powerful dice - I just want to run a Han / Chewy deck, a Luke / Han deck, a Poe / Finn deck... it seems like a bad design decision. And the action chains of nonsense - really beyond tired of sitting around for 3 - 5 actions while my opponent actually gets to play the game. It's boring af.) 

And I came into this game a huge supporter. I'm slowly getting more and more pissed off. (And honestly, yes, making one of my favorite characters into a Legendary does piss me off. With yet more stupid costs.)

Sorry for the rant.

scoddyboy likes this

How anyone can say that this isn't another money grab is beyond me. Legendarys are difficult enough to get in the first place and making more characters legendary makes it even more so. Upgrades, ships etc... are not essential to have two of in a deck but how many players include a one die legendary in their deck? This also makes me think that boba will also be legendary in order to even things out.

Stone37 likes this