Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cleardave

North American Championships @ GenCon?

18 posts in this topic

They did a top cut Thursday and played the last last night. My friend @Brigadierblu made the top 16, but lost in the first round to Brian, who won last year. Sadly, there were only 43 players, but some really good ones. 

I would really like to know how the rest of it played out and what percentage of the top 16 was for each faction. 

Anyone care to share?

-ryanjamal 

Posted (edited)

Here's what i have been able to piece together so far. Anyone able to confirm? Fill in the gaps?

1. Patrick Christians - Mercenary - 6 Ugnaughts, Onar, and IG.

2. Brian Vandergalien - Mercenary - Onar, Elite Weequay, Jabba with Indentured Servant, Greedo, Elite Jawa, BT-1 with Prey on the Weak, Chopper with Headhunter, C-3PO

3. Spencer Albert - Rebel List - Jedi Luke, eRangers, Hera, Gideon, C-3PO, R2-D2, and rSmuggler with RHC.

4. Desmond Miller - Mercenary - 2x eWeequay, Vinto, eJawa, BT, C-3PO, Hera, Gideon, Temporary Alliance, Black Market, and Devious Scheme

Edited by Pintofstout
Words are hard and list for Brian V. was wrong. Updated with 3rd place.

20 hours ago, Pintofstout said:

2. Brian Vandergalien - Mercenary - Onar, Elite Weequay, Jabba with Indentured Servant, Greedo, Elite Jawa, BT-1 with Prey on the Weak, Chopper with Headhunter, C-3PO

I can confirm that list. Brian is an excellent player and won handily against me in the first round after the top 16 cut. 

I was disappointed that we only had 43 people this year when we had well more than that last year. However, I had a blast playing and hope my single ugnaught didn't cause too many hurt feelings. The junk droid was pretty much only there to contest/claim objectives/terminals 😆

ryanjamal likes this

24 minutes ago, Brigadierblu said:

However, I had a blast playing and hope my single ugnaught didn't cause too many hurt feelings. The junk droid was pretty much only there to contest/claim objectives/terminals 😆

You are dead to me 😝. Get that junk droid outta here!

-ryanjamal 

Brigadierblu likes this

13 hours ago, ryanjamal said:

I think close to 100, maybe in the 80s. 

-ryanjamal 

Could the fact that Nationals are about 2 weeks away have had an affect on attendance this year? I couldn't make Gencon and can't make Nova, but scheduling time off work to travel and the expense meant that I would have only chosen 1 if I could have attended at all.

Is this proximity in scheduling due to the changes implemented by FFG when they split the various Organized Play games across two tracks?

ryanjamal likes this

I was 13th with Terro, 2x eJets, Blaise, BT, 000, Cross Training, Rule By Fear, and Zillo.  I lost to Desmond in top 16.

IA tournaments are a blast, shame the only ones I can seem to make are Worlds and Gencon:lol:

ryanjamal and dietz057 like this

Posted (edited)

On 8/20/2017 at 6:32 PM, ryanjamal said:

Is Spencer Albert the all-knowing @a1bert? Congrats for repping Rebels, either way!

@ryanjamal I was at GenCon but not playing. I was watching the IA games and chatting a bit with Todd Michlitsch.

It was nice to see a good spread of different lists.

Edited by a1bert

On 8/22/2017 at 7:16 AM, Chumbalaya said:

I was 13th with Terro, 2x eJets, Blaise, BT, 000, Cross Training, Rule By Fear, and Zillo.  I lost to Desmond in top 16.

IA tournaments are a blast, shame the only ones I can seem to make are Worlds and Gencon:lol:

I dig the list.  What was your plan for the games?

ryanjamal likes this

Not lose?  Generally with agile and Zillo I can weather the storm of ranger/wequay shooting enough to close in and start dropping things.  Focusing on objectives made a big difference since I can't wipe things out while sitting in my deployment zone.

ryanjamal likes this

12 hours ago, Chumbalaya said:

Not lose?  Generally with agile and Zillo I can weather the storm of ranger/wequay shooting enough to close in and start dropping things.  Focusing on objectives made a big difference since I can't wipe things out while sitting in my deployment zone.

Hey Chum, I like that list too. Can you post the command cards? Imps are so dead in my area that I'll try anything new! 

Assassinate, Call the Vanguard,  Celebration, Comm Disruption, Element, Espionage Mastery, Fleet Footed, Fuel Upgrade, Grenadier, Intel Leak, Negation, Overrun, Planning, Take Initiative, Take Position