JJs Juggernaut

[MAFIA] The Wheels of Democracy ***GAME OVER***

1,704 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rocmistro said:

Oh I have a question:

Why was the answer "3" instead of "5" to the number of threats to town that Toad asked?

Because they can only be questions that related to the setup before roles were assigned, so the answers reflect before beginning of game.

There were 3 threats at beginning, Cult leader and 2 mafia.

1 minute ago, Visovics said:

Because they can only be questions that related to the setup before roles were assigned, so the answers reflect before beginning of game.

There were 3 threats at beginning, Cult leader and 2 mafia.

ah ok. so they did convert people throughout the game. gotcha

2 hours ago, Rocmistro said:

ah ok. so they did convert people throughout the game. gotcha

yeah thats exactly what happened. That is why cult is such a huge threat. if you don't nab the cult leader night 1 or 2 they have a big enough block to begin to sway the dayvote.

Cults are a difficult thing in mafia... they can be fun, but they need to be used super carefully otherwise they quickly become lame and overpowered, ending the game super quickly by creating an endlessly growing majority. I like cult games where the cult doesn't get a chat and only the cult leader knows who the other cultists are, and then if the cult leader is killed all the cultists either die or return to their original alignment. Cults are also enough of a threat that I truly believe they should only exist in a game where it announced in the setup that a cult will be involved. Otherwise, by the time it is figured out who the leader is, it is too late.