Jump to content
Thrindal

Factions / Expansion Packs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Visovics said:

Thoughts on expansions:

Empire:

-AT-ST (and AT-DP possibly)

-AT-AT

-Hovertank

-Officers and commanders, serve as squad leaders and provide buff to entire unit

-Specialist troopers (Snipers, demolition troopers, anti-vehicle...)

-Snowtroopers, shoretroopers and sandtroopers possibly only to provide new upgrades, although may have also Bantas

-Death trooper pack

-Inferno Squad pack

-TIE fighters, bombers, reapers and strikers

And as we have seen on upgrades and keywords, each wave will add several that will have synergy with older ones

Rebellion:

-Wookies

-Ewoks

-Speeder bikes

-Turrets

-Tauntauns

-Partisans

-Rebel specialists (just like the imperials)

-with clothing and gear to planet, like the troopers to provide new cards mainly

-X-wing, Y-wing, U-wing

 

With all, surely more heroes that add something special to the pack and main characters

 

The Rebs can also do things like "Mon Cal strike squad" "Bothan infiltrator team*" and "Underpants Gnome sniper team."

 

*Assuming we ever find out what Bothans look like now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imperial officers, death troopers/scarif troopers and FO troopers. I feel like releasing Rogue One stuff first makes more sense because the starter set is GCW and kind of in the same setting. 

The starter contains Luke and Vader....so expect more heroes/characters down the line. Such as chewbacca, solo, etc. I feel like the rebels have a lot more heroes and characters to choose from than the Empire though...if they're initially sticking with what is seen in the OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rammstein117 said:

The starter contains Luke and Vader....so expect more heroes/characters down the line. Such as chewbacca, solo, etc. I feel like the rebels have a lot more heroes and characters to choose from than the Empire though...if they're initially sticking with what is seen in the OT.

Mainly imps will rely on admirals and such, expec the emperor, Tarkin, Thrawn, Piett, Motti, Krennic, Screed and even Sloane at some point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rammstein117 said:

imperial officers, death troopers/scarif troopers and FO troopers. I feel like releasing Rogue One stuff first makes more sense because the starter set is GCW and kind of in the same setting. 

The starter contains Luke and Vader....so expect more heroes/characters down the line. Such as chewbacca, solo, etc. I feel like the rebels have a lot more heroes and characters to choose from than the Empire though...if they're initially sticking with what is seen in the OT.

Bounty Hunters will also likely fill some of the IMP hero roles unless there is a Scum Faction, but yes the Rebels have more obvious heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched a few interviews and it's been quite clear that Legion is going to be very Galactic Civil War focused (at least initially).  

Don't count on any prequel or Episode 7/8 stuff in the near future.  

I'm expecting a heavy Hoth influence in a future expansions, probably a big box expansion but that depends on how their expac structure is going to work.  
Rebels:
Echo Base Troopers
Tauntaun Riders
Those radar dish looking stationary guns perhaps
Rebel Saboteurs (like in IA)
some sniper unit

Empire: 
Snowtroopers
Probe Droids
Imperial Officers
E-web guns

Maybe we'll see things as large as AT-STs but I think they might treat those similar to Epic ships in X-wing.  
They've already said they'll be doing lots of stormtrooper variants, so expect heavy troopers, snow troopers, scout troopers, maybe deathtroopers. 

If we get a desert themed expac then you'll get sand troopers, dewback riders and maybe tuskens. 

Other than that, I'd like to see some mercenary units and there's plenty of different characters that will be included of course.  

Edited by Inquisitorsz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who wants to see some Royal Guards make an appearance? They bring a very distinctive feel of Imperial grandeur and majesty wherever they show up :)

Realistically, they would only be used as an escort for officer units (which we should totally have) but they would still be nice to see. (Or maybe I just want more cool models)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ImperialCaptain2017 said:

Am I the only one who wants to see some Royal Guards make an appearance? They bring a very distinctive feel of Imperial grandeur and majesty wherever they show up :)

Realistically, they would only be used as an escort for officer units (which we should totally have) but they would still be nice to see. (Or maybe I just want more cool models)

This sounds like IA nostalgia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kentares said:

In the FFG Inflight report in this years GenCon on youtube they say the idea for now is to only focus on the Galactic Civil War...

*sigh* of course. We are never gonna get anything serious about the Clone Wars ever again...Still this game will be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImperialCaptain2017 said:

Am I the only one who wants to see some Royal Guards make an appearance? They bring a very distinctive feel of Imperial grandeur and majesty wherever they show up :)

Realistically, they would only be used as an escort for officer units (which we should totally have) but they would still be nice to see. (Or maybe I just want more cool models)

Emperor and 2 royal guards as a unit? Or even 2 different units but same expansion pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...