petrol blue

What's left?

3 hours ago, Swedge said:

scenario based game ops...  and or longer campaigns with alt painted ships as grand prizes!!  then same prizes will be released to general public a few months later to prevent e bay scalpers...

I very much like this idea.

Both the scenarios and the idea of non-limited alt-painted ships...sure I could paint em myself....but yeah 

Missions pack. X-Wing is the only miniature game that doesn't have any mission pack.

Listbuilding will be way more interesting if you have to achive different objectives during a tournament, instead of one (victory points actually).

16 hours ago, Phoenix5454 said:

I'd also like to see a way for ships to regen Hull through a upgrade and or support ship.

I'm honestly surprised that doesn't exist yet. A ship's mechanic is a no brainier. My guess is that it has been in line for a while, but FFG doesn't want to add fuel to the fire for the already OP lists out there.

9 minutes ago, Swedge said:

doesn't legion cover that?  

No, legion is somewhere between 1/48 & 1/60 scale (28mm - 30mm) like Warhammer & all the other tabletop war games.

An x-wing would be way bigger at that scale:

https://www.hobbyworks.com/index.cfm?action=products&sku=396784&gclid=CjwKCAjww9_MBRAWEiwAlaMJZkJUkIlJRAHQI9Juv0JFNM1x7-ZzjUYx8VC91dwX9lReqvy0iadWqRoC2-gQAvD_BwE

11 hours ago, mithril2098 said:

would be good.

or just a decent set of rules creating our own linked mission campaigns from the existing options.

it would also be nice if they'd organize some non-tournament events. if there were more casual focused events, i think the game would regain some fans and the focus on "the meta" and finding the most minmaxed builds would decrease some.

FFG could address most of these suggestions in a campaign box/what you're suggesting. Really hoping they do.

The game could definitely use the booster. 

It's worth pointing out that the number of new mechanics seems to be escalating. Reinforce and Coordinate, across two waves and now we're getting Jam and Reload. Are those on the same ship in this wave? 

1 hour ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Forgot about this, but I'd like to see a more effective way for all ships to Regen hull. Something imperials could use especially.

But Ties don't fix themselves, or take expensive astromech droids.

15 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

Like the Rogue Shadow? Would have empire and rebel pilots for Starkiller and Juno Eclipse. Maybe the first ship to be unique in and of itself, also the first expansion to be actually cross faction, with two pilots for each faction included, same pilots, but different abilities. A certain number of upgrades that both can equip, and the rest divided 50/50 between them. Also first rebel large ship to not be a freighter

Or they could make the Sith Infiltrator with a cloak...

Squadrons or Formations or Flights or whatever they'd be called.  A card in your squadron, neither a ship nor an attached upgrade, which provides a benefit to multiple ships which meet some sort of requirement.

Something like "Saber Squadron," which would give a benefit to TIE Interceptors and TIE/LN with Elite upgrades.  "Trench Run" which cuts the cost of torpedoes for X- and Y-wings if you have at least three Xs or Ys.  How about a Scum Aggressor one, but that only works if the ships have no upgrades in common other than the title IG-2000.

On 8/18/2017 at 5:58 PM, GreenDragoon said:

Mostly different game modes and campaign box.

If we're talking of mechanics: damage over time, and weapons that need to charge up. Looks like reload might go into that direction.

i made a custom hardpoint for casual, "Annihilator cannon" , which stores target locks on a specific target. when you fire it deals a damage for each target lock which cant be avoided, like a collossal autoblaster.  basically late game it just ends something, but it takes awhile to build up. its designed to be the OP gun on my scratch build mining dreadnaught, but a smaller version would be cool in the real game. there are a lot of cool charge mechanics

On 8/18/2017 at 2:34 PM, Odanan said:

Campaign Box.

Battle of Yavin, More stuff for Wave 1 ships.

On 8/18/2017 at 3:15 PM, markcsoul said:

Other than a 2.0 version of the game qthe next best option to really shake things up would be to add new factions.

Republic and CIS being the best options obviously. 

I think those would be added into the three existing factions just like the ARC. 

As for OP

As for what is left besides prequel there still is the episode 8 and 9 stuff plus anything from the other movies. There is also plenty of cross faction expansions to be done. Imperial Bountyhunters (Heck if Scum has the best Firespray Imperials can have the best Jumpmaster), Rebel Lambda (Han is a build in Buzzsaw at pilot skill 9). So plenty of stuff left.

13 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Battle of Yavin, More stuff for Wave 1 ships.

I think those would be added into the three existing factions just like the ARC. 

This. ^

Though for a campaign, I would choose something around the Partisans: "core set" with Partisan X-Wing and Y-Wing VS 2 TIE Fighters and 1 TIE Striker (the last one with a "Strike Configuration" modification, allowing bombs, cannon and maybe crew) and a lot of missions. 

Edited by Odanan

I, too, will cast my vote for the Rogue Shadow with large ship cloaking rules.  

I'd also love to see Squad Upgrades that encourage more thematic squad builds; i.e., an upgrade that gives a worthwhile benefit for using ships of either the same type or squad with a unique squad leader and the rest as generics.  Blue squadron, for example, would apply to X-wings (sadly, so far, only a T-70 instead of a T-65), B-wings and U-wings.  Releasing the first two as Blue Squadron and Black Squadron (Rebel and Imperial, respectively) along with new ships (a Blue Squadron T-65 and maybe a Black Squadron TIE/x1) would encourage the return of both some older and some newer ships to tables.  X, B and U for Rebels, vs. TIE/ln, Striker, and x1 for the Empire.  Also encourage more generics, and I could happily see Squadron titles remain a Rebel/Imperial thing, especially since the most uniform, military group so far covered in Scum already has the Concord Dawn title to support them, and Fenn Rau really doesn't need any more buffs....