petrol blue

What's left?

49 posts in this topic

I'm assuming that each new release wants to create something new - like, say, the falcon's PWT, the phantom's cloak, all that goodness. So what sort of mechanics would you like to see the game explore? Aside from 'a fighter, but better', where would you go with the game design?

Personally, I'd like to see the idea of support ships explored. There've been a few ships that poked that way, but they mostly cost more than they're worth - the tuktuk is a step in that direction, but it only really does one action.

nitrobenz likes this

well I'd like an upgrade (probably have to be a 2 crew) that brings the reinforce action of the Wookie Gun Ship to other ships.

I'd also like to see a way for ships to regen Hull through a upgrade and or support ship.

Posted (edited)

I'd like ways for shields to be more distinguished from hull than they are currently. 

I understand this has been explored a little already (Flechette Torps, Plasma Torps, Reinforced Deflectors?) but I'd like to see a weapon that, (for example) caused a number of shields to be set aside (you can't discard them in response to suffering damage) and during the End Phase, return those shield tokens to the ship. Kind of a temporary shield knockout.

Or a kind of terrain that required at least one shield token on your ship to safely cross.

Stuff like that.

Edited by Lightningclaw

5 minutes ago, Effenhoog said:

ship that fires on broadsides

don't know of any that fit the bill though

I like this idea, but they're constrained by the license. Nothing in Star Wars is going to fit for it. But if you've played against the Lancer you know kind of how that would feel.

2 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

Other than a 2.0 version of the game qthe next best option to really shake things up would be to add new factions.

Republic and CIS being the best options obviously. 

They'd only work as sub-factions like First Order. Otherwise you end up with issues of list building and options and such. If anything I think even Scum may have been a mistake.

LordFajubi, madquest8 and Eisai like this

Just now, Polaritie said:

They'd only work as sub-factions like First Order. Otherwise you end up with issues of list building and options and such. If anything I think even Scum may have been a mistake.

CIS and Republic don't fit into the rebel and imperial factions nearly as neatly as the resistance and first order did though

GLEXOR and SabineKey like this

5 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

CIS and Republic don't fit into the rebel and imperial factions nearly as neatly as the resistance and first order did though

They don't fit at all.

eMeM, Kdubb and VanderLegion like this

41 minutes ago, Effenhoog said:

ship that fires on broadsides

don't know of any that fit the bill though

I think with spaceships, they just kind put the engines on the other broadside. 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Thormind said:

An imperial cloaking large ship (with different rule than small ship, of course). That one i really really want.

Like the Rogue Shadow? Would have empire and rebel pilots for Starkiller and Juno Eclipse. Maybe the first ship to be unique in and of itself, also the first expansion to be actually cross faction, with two pilots for each faction included, same pilots, but different abilities. A certain number of upgrades that both can equip, and the rest divided 50/50 between them. Also first rebel large ship to not be a freighter

Edited by GLEXOR

Juno Eclipse. She's actually in the game already as a TIE Advanced pilot.... and I would be SO DOWN for the Rogue Shadow. ****, we could get a Kota Rohm and PROXY crew. Proxy could be kinda cool... maybe have him copy another crew ability that's in play on the mat?

MajorWesJanson and GLEXOR like this

Just now, Kehl_Aecea said:

Juno Eclipse. She's actually in the game already as a TIE Advanced pilot.... and I would be SO DOWN for the Rogue Shadow. ****, we could get a Kota Rohm and PROXY crew. Proxy could be kinda cool... maybe have him copy another crew ability that's in play on the mat?

Juno Eclipse! That's the one, I was just totally drawing rolling a blank on the name...

...See what I did there? (☞゚∀゚)☞

JJFDVORAK and Kehl_Aecea like this

Just now, Kehl_Aecea said:

Bravo, sir... bravo...

-throws out dice- 

Now I need to buy new ones because you probably just cursed all of mine...

hahahahaha! ( ゚ヮ゚)

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

Campaign Box.

would be good.

or just a decent set of rules creating our own linked mission campaigns from the existing options.

it would also be nice if they'd organize some non-tournament events. if there were more casual focused events, i think the game would regain some fans and the focus on "the meta" and finding the most minmaxed builds would decrease some.