Drjacobs

Please sell terrain

There's plenty of terrain for other games e.g. Infinity that you could use, and some come pre-painted too.

Having official Star Wars terrain though would be awesome - just looking at the demo tables from the show make me desperately want some of that!

QS =D

38 minutes ago, Raging Celt said:

Pre made terrain would be great. Little things like crates or vaporators would be cool. Yknow what else? Civilians would be awesome. And frame miniatures so we can build/customize our troopies.

While not cheap, some of the Warmachine/Hoards figures look great for this. Cut off their clubs or swords, and put in some blasters and you'd be set.

3 minutes ago, Slugrage said:

While not cheap, some of the Warmachine/Hoards figures look great for this. Cut off their clubs or swords, and put in some blasters and you'd be set.

Yeah that would be cool. Other companies sell civilians. Makes for a fun battlefield.

As someone who sucks at building terrain, I'd love to see kits come out.  The first one should be a sarlacc pit.  Then Han in carbonite.  Where's my Boba Fett?

Edited for mis-thumbed text

Edited by Algernon

Whilst generic terrain is available from numerous places, SW specific stuff (like the buildings in the demo video) would be amazing. FFG would have to be pretty stupid to not make terrain for this game, but then I'm not aware of any terrain they do for any of their other games.

Terrain packs with doors (small single), pipes,  and windows. So you can make your own buildings. 

Terrain packs with crates, power cores, terminals, and misc parts.

Themed terrain packs like barracks, city, or outdoor.

Maybe larger ship models that would work for objectives but not be usable as Vehicles in your forces. The packs would offer up cards for scenarios specific to the terrain it contains.

I believe these types would work best to enhance the experience of the game. 

I haven't played any war games miniatures before (X-Wing & Heroclix my main minis games) but I wouldn't mind seeing in scale printable paper craft terrain for a game like this. Sure not as awesome as some of the custom terrain I've seen for these types of games, but it would be accessible to people without the skill/time/money to invest.