Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

"Reload" Action Speculation

7 minutes ago, Otacon said:

The only other text visible on the card is a header about Jam Tokens, so the action is related to them somehow. Beyond that who knows.

Roll [a dice] if it's a [hit+crit/evade] then flip a [missiles] [torp] [bomb] upgrade face-up. If not then this upgrade receives a Jam token.

Jam Token

You cannot use a Reload action on Secondary Weapon Upgrades with Jam Tokens on them.

ACTION: Remove a Jam token from one of your Secondary Weapon Upgrades.

1 minute ago, Mward1984 said:

Roll [a dice] if it's a [hit+crit/evade] then flip a [missiles] [torp] [bomb] upgrade face-up. If not then this upgrade receives a Jam token.

Jam Token

You cannot use a Reload action on Secondary Weapon Upgrades with Jam Tokens on them.

ACTION: Remove a Jam token from one of your Secondary Weapon Upgrades.

I really hope it's nothing as clunky as that...

Should be like Quinn Jast's ability but requires it to be used as an action rather than a pilot ability.

I think the "Jam" tokens are related to the cannon we can sort of see... could be wrong tho

Edited by Phoenix5454

7 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Should be like Quinn Jast's ability but requires it to be used as an action rather than a pilot ability.

I think the "Jam" tokens are related to the cannon we can sort of see... could be wrong tho

Well they have to be related to Reload somehow as their rules are on the Reload action reference card. There's also clearly a jamming b'something' weapon, but what they do and how they relate to Reload is probably going to stay a mystery until we get the official announcement article.

44 minutes ago, Otacon said:

Well they have to be related to Reload somehow as their rules are on the Reload action reference card. There's also clearly a jamming b'something' weapon, but what they do and how they relate to Reload is probably going to stay a mystery until we get the official announcement article.

Modifications and Titles are often on the same card. So, not necessarily. But we can't really know at this point. 

58 minutes ago, Otacon said:

Nah, if the rules are simple they can both be on one card. Most of the bomb cards combine multiple bombs on them for instance.

7 hours ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Spend an action to flip an ordinance upgrade.

this. basically you shoot/slam/reload.  Now i really wonder if it will have any use on the "canon@ version of the ship.  I did not see a clear picture of the presentation yet.  Do we know if we have a pilot thats higher than ps7? Do we know if one of the generic has an EPT? How man named/generic?

9 hours ago, Quadjumper King said:

But they say it has a new "jam" token and huge ships just give stress. Or am I confused in thinking that...

Well, the huge ships don't give out tokens, so a jam token would technically be new...

2 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

Well, the huge ships don't give out tokens, so a jam token would technically be new...

Good point, but how would it act if it didn't rely on stress, it could just fount as a double stress or stopping actions (since that's essentially the same except for maneuvering

I swear to god, if reloading works on a dice roll, I'm ragequitting the game. I've already avoided playing since wave 11 dropped due to my ever growing hatred of Sabine being compounded, but if they clunk up the soft fix to my beloved ordnance, I reckon I'm done. We don't need another Saboteur style interaction of spending an action to roll a dice to maybe do a thing.

I'm ok with it costing an action. I'm even ok with it costing an action and adding a Weapons Disabled token (which I reckon it'll do), but keep your **** RNG away from it.

What I'm curious about is whether it'll add the Weapons Disabled token to the ship itself, or specifically to the ordnance card. I can see arguments for both, but I can see the former limiting it's game time and overall usefulness more than the latter. If you pay the cost to fill up both the torp and missile slots, it'd be nice to be able to alternate your attacking ordnance rather than miss out on a shot with a loaded tube just because you were reloading the other.

But, again, I can see the argument for ship receiving it.

Calm down. If anyone was paying enough attention to the kimogila i doubt you would need 4 for just the action (unless they're planning on a **** useless wave!!), but given both appear to have jamming secondaries (the canon and "scrambler missiles") and the "and" 3/4 revealed on the gilla's reference card after reload action i'm going with 2 seperate  entities on the one card.

Without slam though that puts the kimogilla at somewhat of a disadvantage unless it has a seriously good dial should you have to "weapons disabled" to use it.........

Even then, would it be killer if it didn't? Without pilot/card shenanigans it means the best a ship can do is an unmodified primary.........

Edited by Ralgon

I'd think reload is an action that assigns to you a weapon's disabled token (since both ships come with them and the scum ship doesn't have slam). So you have to spend an action and a shot to do it. Then you may reequip a spent missile or torpedo... possibly even a bomb.

This would give the gunboat a fairly unique playstyle: go in, shoot a torpedo, slam out, use advance slam to reload. This explains how the pilot ability of the ace may come in handy: every other turn you will focus on defense, before you go back in with your recharged cluster missiles (come on, guys, lets's face it: gunboats should fire cluster missiles.)  Perhaps this way we'll get a bit of mad flying like the striker? 

Personally, I would love that, since I dig reengages. Just feels so dog-fighty...

P.S.: I'd recon the scum ship comes with a mod that gives reload to ordinary ships. Considering that would be a modification, it might not be broken since that would rule out equipping guidance chips and the like.

27 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I'd think reload is an action that assigns to you a weapon's disabled token (since both ships come with them and the scum ship doesn't have slam). So you have to spend an action and a shot to do it. Then you may reequip a spent missile or torpedo... possibly even a bomb.

This would give the gunboat a fairly unique playstyle: go in, shoot a torpedo, slam out, use advance slam to reload. This explains how the pilot ability of the ace may come in handy: every other turn you will focus on defense, before you go back in with your recharged cluster missiles (come on, guys, lets's face it: gunboats should fire cluster missiles.)  Perhaps this way we'll get a bit of mad flying like the striker? 

Personally, I would love that, since I dig reengages. Just feels so dog-fighty...

P.S.: I'd recon the scum ship comes with a mod that gives reload to ordinary ships. Considering that would be a modification, it might not be broken since that would rule out equipping guidance chips and the like.

There are rumors about the XG-1 title allowing the ship to fire a 2 points or less cannon even with a weapon disabled token, which would be crazy with the PS7 ace. Shoot your (cruise) missiles on the opening round, SLAM to reposition, reload with advanced slam, and shoot your cannon, while having +1 green die. That seems quite good to me.