Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrCthulhu

Don't fear the Legion?

117 posts in this topic

It's depressing since I haven't really even got started with Runewars yet. I'm still pumped about my Uthuk Y'llan and am still in full anticipation for Runewars.

The thing with Legion is that I'm tired of the Galactic Civil War era. If they had Clone Wars armies in Legion, I might buy in, but nothing about the theme of the game is enticing me any more than the Imperial Assault core set that I painted and never play.

As @BigKahuna mentioned, people have limited resources. If I could do more than one game, I'd hop back to X-Wing, but I've got so much Runewarsing to do!

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:
52 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

@Budgernaut This is very true. I know the big Disney push is for the OT as it more readily connects to their ST, but from just a movie standpoint, there's not as much material in the OT compared to the PT. 

The thing with Legion is that I'm tired of the Galactic Civil War era. If they had Clone Wars armies in Legion, I might buy in, but nothing about the theme of the game is enticing me any more than the Imperial Assault core set that I painted and never play.

I think mainly it is just that the Galactic Civil War is the safe era to start on, Star Wars fans can unite under that one, not everyone likes the new movies, not everyone hates the prequels, but all star wars fans like the originals...its why we are fans...and I mean it is how they can keep launching their games with Luke and Vader (or Luke in the ship games since armada and xwing only launched with ties)...I feel like this definitely give the opportunity to bring in the other eras as stand alone factions, but for now the GCW is what it is...and I mean I'm ok with gunning down imps with a snow speeder...

44 minutes ago, jek said:

I think mainly it is just that the Galactic Civil War is the safe era to start on, Star Wars fans can unite under that one, not everyone likes the new movies, not everyone hates the prequels, but all star wars fans like the originals...its why we are fans...and I mean it is how they can keep launching their games with Luke and Vader (or Luke in the ship games since armada and xwing only launched with ties)...I feel like this definitely give the opportunity to bring in the other eras as stand alone factions, but for now the GCW is what it is...and I mean I'm ok with gunning down imps with a snow speeder...

How would a snow speeder even stay on the battlefield? I feel like you'd get one strafing run and then it'd be four rounds worth of turning somewhere far off the board.

2 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

How would a snow speeder even stay on the battlefield? I feel like you'd get one strafing run and then it'd be four rounds worth of turning somewhere far off the board.

no clue! but hey its in wave 1 and I'll take it (there was a leaked pic in the legion forums of wave one... AT-ST and Snow Speeder)

3 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I can definitely agree with this.  If Legion had Clone Wars stuff, I would probably have bought at least the battle droids.

Hepitude, Muz333 and Budgernaut like this

1 minute ago, Willange said:

I can definitely agree with this.  If Legion had Clone Wars stuff, I would probably have bought at least the battle droids.

I definitely would not have bought battle droids... lol

Willange likes this

3 minutes ago, jek said:

I definitely would not have bought battle droids... lol

Well I would have! 😛

2 minutes ago, Willange said:

*Sad roger roger*

lol, Ok I like the battle droids in the clone wars series, and in the little blips from rebels, they made them seem far more interesting than the movie, but I couldn't find the desire to paint them in a mini's game...Just like I will probably play only rebels because I would never want to paint that much stormtrooper armor...

2 minutes ago, jek said:

lol, Ok I like the battle droids in the clone wars series, and in the little blips from rebels, they made them seem far more interesting than the movie, but I couldn't find the desire to paint them in a mini's game...Just like I will probably play only rebels because I would never want to paint that much stormtrooper armor...

I guess I should clarify that I wouldn't be as excited for the battle droids as I would for the Droidekas, the bad stereotype aliens, the super battle droids, and then mostly all of their cool vehicles.  It would be so cool.  My bro and I are actually going do work on some custom skirmish mods for IA since FFG continues to refuse to release prequel stuff for that game (well except the stuff that shows up in rebels).  I mean sure, the prequel movies weren't great movies, but I think the setting is so good for games.

Hepitude likes this

36 minutes ago, jek said:

no clue! but hey its in wave 1 and I'll take it (there was a leaked pic in the legion forums of wave one... AT-ST and Snow Speeder)

That pic is fake.

Contrapulator likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm less interested in the droids than in the lightsaber-wielding leaders like General Grievous, Assajj Ventress, and Count Dooku.

I highly doubt Prequels/Clone Wars will happen, but FFG has been doing a ton of Star Wars Rebels content lately. The show features many lightsaber wielders, including Darth Maul. I won't name the rest to avoid spoilers (P.S. if you like Star Wars go watch Rebels!)

Edited by Contrapulator
OzKillswitch likes this

I watched the Legion how to play videos, 2 of them.  I actually think imperial assault is the better game.  That said, neither of them are anywhere near as good as Runewars game.

Tvayumat, Aurelus and Uthoroc like this

1 hour ago, Ywingscum said:

I watched the Legion how to play videos, 2 of them.  I actually think imperial assault is the better game.  That said, neither of them are anywhere near as good as Runewars game.

I watched the gencon demo and just thought, I don't really need a beer and pretzels dice chucker.  Not sure I'd pass RW outside of beer and pretzel territory, but it certainly isn't a dice chucker. 

Tvayumat and Parakitor like this