Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Narsil0420

GenCon2017 Updates

16 posts in this topic

Any? Come on people, show us poor folks some love! 
Pics of the couple unrevealed cards from Carcossa
Some non-spoilery info on the Stand Alone Scenario

24 minutes ago, Narsil0420 said:

Any? Come on people, show us poor folks some love! 
Pics of the couple unrevealed cards from Carcossa
Some non-spoilery info on the Stand Alone Scenario

arkhamdb has the full player cards from Carcosa. Dunno when Labyrinth spoilers will be out. Check BGG, people usually post pics of card fans there.

What a disappointing Con from an non-attendee perspective, the inflight report was a totally dud, no new announcements, no real suprises or new cards revealed, not much social media posting to share the excitement...

48 minutes ago, Narsil0420 said:

What a disappointing Con from an non-attendee perspective, the inflight report was a totally dud, no new announcements, no real suprises or new cards revealed, not much social media posting to share the excitement...

I've seen this more than once.  What did you expect to be announced?  They've been cranking things out for Arkham at an impressive rate, and we're moving into the Carcosa cycle with no real delay.  Would you rather have them hold Carcosa for two more months just so they could announce it at GenCon?

And I'll second Doma - even more than most AHLCG scenarios, Labyrinth is best done blind.  Don't spoil it for yourself.

4 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

I've seen this more than once.  What did you expect to be announced?  They've been cranking things out for Arkham at an impressive rate, and we're moving into the Carcosa cycle with no real delay.  Would you rather have them hold Carcosa for two more months just so they could announce it at GenCon?

And I'll second Doma - even more than most AHLCG scenarios, Labyrinth is best done blind.  Don't spoil it for yourself.

Added: If you can manage it, do it in epic mode for the first time as well, even if it's 6 players. It will really shine in epic mode, and playing it with only a single group first will actually take away from the Epic mode experience. 

Buhallin likes this

I was a bit disappointed with the gencon report too, but then I remembered we get Arkham Nights in October and they're probably holding back to increase our antici-

My guess is the theme for Nights will be the new Mansions expansion. They'll be running Labyrinth there as well, or at least Matt said it in passing. Don't see why they wouldn't anyway, they do all the con versions of the arkham files games there. Nights is actually my favorite trip of the year. Gencon really takes a back seat to it for me. If I only could pick one sort of deal. 

17 hours ago, Doma0997 said:

My guess is the theme for Nights will be the new Mansions expansion. They'll be running Labyrinth there as well, or at least Matt said it in passing. Don't see why they wouldn't anyway, they do all the con versions of the arkham files games there. Nights is actually my favorite trip of the year. Gencon really takes a back seat to it for me. If I only could pick one sort of deal. 

Agreed.  Sure, Arkham Nights is tiny as far as "conventions" go, but the hard focus on a select few games means everyone there is interested in playing the same games and it's really easy to meet new people and get to chatting and gaming with them.  This will be year #4 for me... and my biggest regret is the ones I missed before that (especially since it's only a few hour drive for me).

2 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Agreed.  Sure, Arkham Nights is tiny as far as "conventions" go, but the hard focus on a select few games means everyone there is interested in playing the same games and it's really easy to meet new people and get to chatting and gaming with them.  This will be year #4 for me... and my biggest regret is the ones I missed before that (especially since it's only a few hour drive for me).

It's about 6-7 hours for me, but I'll still drive every year. Been going since 2012, and still upset I didn't know about  it for the 2 years before that. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Doma0997 said:

I do not recommend spoiling labyrinth at all.  Go in 100% blind. It's the best way. 

You've convinced me!  However, would it be too much for logistical questions?

I'm curious how players are situated - is it three pods working with four players each like that LotR one people were referencing?  And is it playable with, say, three people total?

1 hour ago, Duciris said:

I'm curious how players are situated - is it three pods working with four players each like that LotR one people were referencing?  And is it playable with, say, three people total?

Yes to both.  I do think it's better with at least two people in each group though.

The scenario can also be played in series, with a single group running through all 3 pieces in turn.  I don't think that's ideal because the interaction between the groups adds a lot, but you can do it.

Duciris likes this

A follow up to my first questionnaire:

Assuming I don't see this until Arkham Nights (which I probably won't) should I bring a deck with or without XP?

16 minutes ago, Duciris said:

A follow up to my first questionnaire:

Assuming I don't see this until Arkham Nights (which I probably won't) should I bring a deck with or without XP?

You use standalone rules. Fill it with you're choice of XP ending in 9 (9, 19, 29, 39, 49) so you don't miss out on any.