Boba Rick

The GUNBOAT has saved us all!!!

14 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

But what if it sucks....

Here's the thing

Unlike the gressor, the gunboat is UNIQUE (I think) in that it combines ADV SLAM with this reload mechanic

This makes for a fun and interesting new playstyle regardless of how effective it is 

Edited by ficklegreendice

On 8/18/2017 at 11:37 AM, ficklegreendice said:

Here's the thing

Unlike the gressor, the gunboat is UNIQUE (I think) in that it combines ADV SLAM with this reload mechanic

This makes for a fun and interesting new playstyle regardless of how effective it is 

And I THINK there's some kind of way to shoot even WITH a weapons disabled token.

On 8/18/2017 at 10:22 AM, Jo Jo said:

But what if it sucks....

I'm a Trekkie, and I still love this movie.

Yeah it would be nice if all of a sudden the forums are filed with salt and tears of that Alpha Class Assault Craft Alpha Strike meta takes over and Imperials once again resume their proper place as the faction that dominates space combat. I can't wait for forums to be flooded with calls for nerfing missiles and slam and on how the gunboat is ruining X-wing. I just wan't these nerf-herders to be so stuck in their self imposed meta-misery deeper than an X-wing in a Dagobah swamp without Yoda to tell them why they failed.

It probably won't happen but a guy can dream right?:wub:

Edited by Marinealver

3 minutes ago, HammerGibbens said:

I just want it to be like TIE/SF (post LWF) levels of good where it's included in lots and lots of lists but no one ever tries to claim it's broken.

Not good enough, because even with ships like SF and pilots like Omega leader people still complain that Imperials are the worst faction to play and never win anything.

I say make it OP!:P

6 minutes ago, HammerGibbens said:

I just want it to be like TIE/SF (post LWF) levels of good where it's included in lots and lots of lists but no one ever tries to claim it's broken.

My concern is that the TIE/SF is...well...LOTS better than what we know of this ship.  Compare 'Backdraft' to 'Vynder'.  The statline is more solid (effectively 2+2 or 3/2/3/3 vs 2/2/4/3), the upgrade bar is BONKERS better, and the pilot ability just crushing better on the /sf.  All for the same PS and same cost.  Unless the Gunboat dial is vastly better than the /sf maneuver dial...I dunno.

I mean, sure, I'm still buying 4 of them no matter what BECAUSE NOSTALGIA...but what we've seen so far doesn't look promising for taking over the meta...

I haven't touched this game since Scum arrived to the scene, the Gunboat is making me want to come back (and grab TIE Strikers and first order gear). Between this and the eventual TIE Silencer (Which might as well be a TIE Avenger), it'll be a good time to be a fan of the old flight simulator.

37 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

I haven't touched this game since Scum arrived to the scene, the Gunboat is making me want to come back (and grab TIE Strikers and first order gear). Between this and the eventual TIE Silencer (Which might as well be a TIE Avenger), it'll be a good time to be a fan of the old flight simulator.

Ah, man, I loathe the First Order, and hate - with a burning and fiery passion of a nearly-unmatched magnitude, only eclipsed by FFG's apparent opinion on Imperials in X-Wing generally - everything about the sequel movies (so far).

But, dangit, it's hard to argue with Omega Leader (+ Juke + Comm Relay) or Quickdraw (+ Expertise + Title + Lightweight Frame and season to taste).  SOOOOOO amazing for their cost - there really isn't anything else like that in the Imperial lineup.

Very difficult to resist...

I liked flying TIE swarms way back when, so I've got to try what the new age TIE swarm is with the F/Os. Or, I could be that curmudgeon that time-travels to the present meta with ancient technologies and gets stomped by the latest pirate combos. *shrug*

Still I have this weird feeling the Gunboat will be pretty self-sufficient in spite of being attack 2. I always wanted it to be a cannon carrier, so surely I could load up on Heavy Laser Cannons and blast my way to victory like I did in the past with B-Wings.

3 hours ago, HammerGibbens said:

I agree, but there will ALWAYS be someone to claim it's broken, usually right after they lose a game to it...

They be like;

Image result for star wars fail

Edited by Rat of Vengence

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Jo Jo said:

But what if it sucks....

Honestly don't care.  The model looks awesome, and it's coming to the game.  It could have been given Z-95 stats at TIE Defender costs and I would have bought it.

However, from what we've seen so far, it's got stats which were repeatedly theorycrafted by the community. an interesting mix of movement mechanics, new actions(reload)  and new abilities (jam), and can use both ordnance and cannons in a unique fashion...

...it's going to be fun.

I think most agree, currently, Imps are the faction that's hardest to netdeck a great squad that doesn't burn down quick for the cost. But on the other hand, they're the most fun to play or play against due to that 'only squad to be truly nerfed' balance. The Gunboat may or may not be great on the top mats in tourneys, but:

...if it's fun, I'm in.

...if it has new mechanics that keep it from being a Punisher, I'm in.

...if it's an Imperial ship, I'm in.

...if it's a Gunboat, I'll get more than one, hehe. 

Well played FFG; well played.