PhantomFO

How often are you refreshing the front page for the Wave 12 article?

1 hour ago, dsul413 said:

For reference, I love the game how it is, although I find the reaction to the gunboat puzzling. This is the only forum I've ever been on that has a massive love affair with the Assault Gunboat of all ships.

I think it's cute. 

Them, not the Gunboat.

:P

1 hour ago, dsul413 said:

This statement is super confusing. The game is jumping the shark because the gunboat might be bad? If that isn't it, than how does the gunboat being pretty good save the game from jumping the shark?

For reference, I love the game how it is, although I find the reaction to the gunboat puzzling. This is the only forum I've ever been on that has a massive love affair with the Assault Gunboat of all ships.

Look, all I can say is I spent a *lot* of time in a Gunboat inspecting freighters and cargo containers. It's like getting to know a horse you ride a lot; there's an understanding there, a respect. Possibly a degree of Stockholm's.

9 hours ago, dsul413 said:

This statement is super confusing. The game is jumping the shark because the gunboat might be bad? If that isn't it, than how does the gunboat being pretty good save the game from jumping the shark?

It's become kinda a fetish for them at this point, they've actually convinced themselves that a substantial number of people love this ship when the reality is few have heard of it and fewer care about the one non TIE ship in a game named after the TIE Fighter.

I suppose that this was inevitable though, there are any only so many ships and new ones aren't being introduced fast enough to keep up with the waves so they do occasionally have to scrape the barrel to fill out a wave, it's understandable if not ideal. At least maybe now they'll finally shut up about it and stop injecting it into every thread.

7 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

You guys are trying really hard.  The game obviously jumped the shark when they didn't give us a preview article.  Obviously. 

Also... NO ARTICLE?!?!  

We've never gotten a Friday article before why is everyone so shocked every time they do the exact same thing?

18 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

.., Sigh anyone know when we are supposed to get it? 

I'm gonna pass some pre-emptive salt around.  Rebels get coordinate? =( Even more support options of rRebels and none for Imperials. 

PS7 with a shtt ability on the Gunboat?  

I'm bitter, salty, and sour. 

mmmm salt 

17 hours ago, dsul413 said:

Mate, you are either old enough to love/appreciate it or you are to young to remember it in it's 90's glory days.

26 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

ok now lets be honest.  You can't deny that this game has jumped the shark. 

There's a shark.  There's the Xwing flying over it.  See? 

The only thing that's jumped the shark is this forums constant *******.