CaribbeanNinja

"Something Big is coming"

26 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Really? If not only for the model? 

SSD models of FFG quality are hard to come by at prices less than $300...

Why the crap would I want to spend 100$ on an SSD model?

Screw ssds and death stars, the game as scaled can't properly support them.

Just now, Darthain said:

Why the crap would I want to spend 100$ on an SSD model?

Screw ssds and death stars, the game as scaled can't properly support them.

I presume you've never tried to buy an SSD model before. They're RARE. Extremely rare. And the ones at prices less than $300 are not good quality. 

The ones that match FFGs quality even a little typically run for $500-$5000

So 1/5th of that cost for a highquality model is a great deal even outside the game of Armada.

Just now, Darth Sanguis said:

I presume you've never tried to buy an SSD model before. They're RARE. Extremely rare. And the ones at prices less than $300 are not good quality. 

The ones that match FFGs quality even a little typically run for $500-$5000

So 1/5th of that cost for a highquality model is a great deal even outside the game of Armada.

No, I  don't collect knick knacks.

51 minutes ago, jamie nasmyth said:

I stayed for the q and a and did get a question in asking if there would be another campaign coming. They said they were really pleased with how corellia did but are NOT working on anything at this time. He also apologized as it was not what I probably wanted to hear 

That's really a big blow.  The campaign was a lot of fun, and had some out of the box thinking.

1 minute ago, draco193 said:

That's really a big blow.  The campaign was a lot of fun, and had some out of the box thinking.

I am sad because it was an avenue for new objectives, which we still have a need for. A new Campaign a year with 3 new objectives would have been killer for the longevity of the game, especially they also had a tournament reg that only objectives from the last 2 campaigns would be competition legal. Get some of those old objectives out of the pool and keep it fresh.

1 minute ago, BrobaFett said:

I am sad because it was an avenue for new objectives, which we still have a need for. A new Campaign a year with 3 new objectives would have been killer for the longevity of the game, especially they also had a tournament reg that only objectives from the last 2 campaigns would be competition legal. Get some of those old objectives out of the pool and keep it fresh.

Also a good avenue for introducing new titles or other upgrades. 

1 hour ago, jamie nasmyth said:

I stayed for the q and a and did get a question in asking if there would be another campaign coming. They said they were really pleased with how corellia did but are NOT working on anything at this time. He also apologized as it was not what I probably wanted to hear 

Okay, so, take what was said there.

Then realise that they were asked about a Star Wars ground combat game just like Star Wars: Legion at SDCC, and they flat out said they were not planning anything on that.

...  mere weeks ago...

All I know is that whatever it is I'll buy it and probably love it every wave I feel like has added something new and unique and refresh the game and I still have plenty more things to try from wave 6 so if not too upset but a little disappointed.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Am I the only one not interested in the sequel stuff?

I'm there with you. There is just not enough ships or story there for me to have any desire for sequel waves yet. I would much prefer prequel ships, as that was the solidest part of those 3 movies.

A SSD however...    I have 5 kids, FFG can have one. 

Maybe the big thing is actually a large multi ship wave? Maybe 3 ships per side.... I dunno but a SSD has implications on the game as a whole. Would not there have to be a hard rebel counter either in new ships n upgrades or an equivalent sized ship. I know a lot if people want it but in reality with all the cannon changes I don't see a lot of material to pull such a large rebel ship from. I mean it could (and probably should) be laughably weak to fighters ( irl ships this size comparatively, are suseptable to death by a thousand stings from far smaller opponents). If the isd isn't handled properly it could be massively detrimental to overall game health. 40k has or had ( new Ed mind you) this similar problem, mostly generated by financial restraints.