Engine25

Wave 12 Announced!

1 hour ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Other clone wars ships we have... Z-95, Y-Wing, YT-1300, YV-666, Firespray-31... I'm sure i'm missing a few more but Im to lazy to go look at my shelf...

Nothing wrong with clone wars stuff... Its not like it was that long before the Galactic Civil war... it would be different if they were trying to shoehorn Old Republic Era ships in...

Yes, but those ships aren't strongly associated with the prequel films, if at all (firespray appeared there after it was represented in another film so I'm not worried about it), which is what makes certain prequel ships less palatable, N1 most specifically. And yes, I'm aware of its inclusion in the comics at a later era. Still really dislike the idea of the ship most well known for making spinning a cool trick lining up next to xwings and Awings.

Edited by Kdubb

3 hours ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Other clone wars ships we have... Z-95, Y-Wing, YT-1300, YV-666, Firespray-31... I'm sure i'm missing a few more but Im to lazy to go look at my shelf...

Nothing wrong with clone wars stuff... Its not like it was that long before the Galactic Civil war... it would be different if they were trying to shoehorn Old Republic Era ships in...

Though, to be fair, I would buy an Ebon Hawk expansion in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Conversely, as someone who did play galaxies and was a freelancer pilot, I love seeing the ships show up in game.

This.

With the Kihraxz and Scyk getting buffed up nicely, and the addition of the Kimogila, I am getting really interested in flying S&V. Its cool seeing the old ships I used to fly as a freelancer pilot.

Just need my Rihkxyrk now. 

2 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Yes, but those ships aren't strongly associated with the prequel films, if at all (firespray appeared there after it was represented in another film so I'm not worried about it), which is what makes certain prequel ships less palatable, N1 most specifically. And yes, I'm aware of its inclusion in the comics at a later era. Still really dislike the idea of the ship most well known for making spinning a cool trick lining up next to xwings and Awings.

So... if it's not in a movie it shouldn't be in X-Wing? That's boring...

You praised the Ghost for "keeping prequel ships out" of the wave.  But the Ghost is only seen in the Rebels TV show and possibly Rogue One at the battle of Scariff for 3 seconds though that was never officially confirmed as the Ghost to my knowledge... not a "strong association" really...

I'm not a fan of the N-1 either but there's no reason it can't be in X-Wing.

Edited by Phoenix5454

6 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

So... if it's not in a movie it shouldn't be in X-Wing? That's boring...

You praised the Ghost for "keeping prequel ships out" of the wave.  But the Ghost is only seen in the Rebels TV show and possibly Rogue One at the battle of Scariff for 3 seconds though that was never officially confirmed as the Ghost to my knowledge... not a "strong association" really...

I'm not a fan of the N-1 either but there's no reason it can't be in X-Wing.

I'm not a fan because it's a strong representation of a very low point in the franchise (down to the scene it is present in) and it's iconic super yellow chrome paint job clashes pretty heavily with the rest of my perception of what the rebel faction should be.

I'm not saying it's correct or even a valuable opinion, but the longer it is outside the game, the happier I will be.

8 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

I'm not a fan because it's a strong representation of a very low point in the franchise (down to the scene it is present in) and it's iconic super yellow chrome paint job clashes pretty heavily with the rest of my perception of what the rebel faction should be.

I'm not saying it's correct or even a valuable opinion, but the longer it is outside the game, the happier I will be.

:huh:

Coordinate on a cheap little ship sounds amazing.

Jam is probably tractor beam for red dice.  Roll one fewer red for each jam token and discard after attack.  This would be good news for swarms but it's an attack and not an action...

I hope there is a mod so that any/all ships can get the reload action.

Fenn Rau in a support ship?  Wha?

Scrambler Missiles with Kimog.  Probably is how it dishes out jam icons.

As someone who was lukewarm before, that gunboat mini is dead sexy and I want five of them yesterday.

10 hours ago, Smudger13 said:

I hate to moan but they look awful. This game is becoming unrecognisably Star Wars in design, and I say that as someone who is loving playing it. 

Oh no the gunboat is pure X-Womg and very recognizable.

so is the phantom I I.

My 9 year old knew what the was instantly as well as me. 

It may not be "pure trilogy" but it is Star Wars 

10 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Its the issue i have with xwing as a whole: since its based off of a popular franchise, they cant just make up their own jank. They HAVE to pull from known sources or they piss off the entire fanbase not just the ones that dont know where the ship came from.

If this game wasnt starwars we'd probably have a much wider diversity of ships and many more factions. Sadly, starwars....

Arguably, the game might not have been as popular without the Star Wars IP, and might not have made it to wave 12.

So Linked Batteries... Is it just me or does that sound like something which will upgrade your primary rather than providing an alternative attack? Possibly a Gunner type effort but using the cannon slot.

They'd be a big boon for ships with cannon slots which they never use due to a strong primary.

The alternative would most likely be TLT in cannon form in which case the TIE /D will certainly rejoice.

Edited by Princezilla

1 hour ago, Princezilla said:

So Linked Batteries... Is it just me or does that sound like something which will upgrade your primary rather than providing an alternative attack? Possibly a Gunner type effort but using the cannon slot.

They'd be a big boon for ships with cannon slots which they never use due to a strong primary.

The alternative would most likely be TLT in cannon form in which case the TIE /D will certainly rejoice.

It does look like some kind of primary buff:

When (performing?)...

a primary...

[cannon] secondary...

(may roll/reroll?)...

Oooooh okaaay, well i may have to consider getting into S&V i loved the kimoglia back in the day when i flew one.

Gunboat, well its nice to see a different kind of ship, other than a tie variant, introduced into the imperial arsenal.

And the Phantom II need to get the ghost now haha 

Over all looks like a pretty good wave to me

Gunboat is super exciting, but I dearly hope it is strong so we don't get another 250 page thread about fixing it. Phantom 2 makes me incredibly happy as I wished for the expansion we are getting a while ago. Great that they took the opportunity to modify the Ghost with it, I hope this offers a different play experience. No feelings on the scum abomination. Model magic will probably make it look passable at least.